MLB Changes 2015

TVIXX

One thing I never realized as a kid (don't know why this did not occur to me) is the stupidity of what the Brewers did. All-blue home hat. Yellow-panel road hat. White panel helmet at home and on road. Why? Why not just a blue helmet (which they did eventually switch to)?

That always bugged the crap out of me. Were they trying to save money by having one set of helmets instead of a home set and a road set? They could have accomplished this by simply using the solid blue cap home and road, and a solid blue helmet.

I don't like it when helmet has a design that differs from the cap. The Twins did this by having a white panel on the helmet when there was no white panel on their caps; and I believe that the A's were guilty of this for a while, after they introduced a road cap but kept the one helmet design that resembled the home hat. (The problem there was the introduction of a road hat.)

The point is that the helmet is not a "thing" in and of itself; it's just a hard version of the cap.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are a few problems I had with the Diamondbacks old look (which are mostly the colors).

I didn't like that they were using four different colors because I thought that was too much (the black was also a bit unnecessary). I personally prefer for teams to use at a maximum of three colors. Another problem I had was that at some points, the purple and turquoise didn't contrast well together and that bothered me. The purple was too bright and the turquoise looked more like teal to me because of how dark it was. If they slightly darkened the purple and/or lightened the turquoise, it would've been fine. I also wasn't that big on the number font and I thought the vest outdid themselves by the early 2000's.

One thing I never realized as a kid (don't know why this did not occur to me) is the stupidity of what the Brewers did. All-blue home hat. Yellow-panel road hat. White panel helmet at home and on road. Why? Why not just a blue helmet (which they did eventually switch to)?

That always bugged the crap out of me. Were they trying to save money by having one set of helmets instead of a home set and a road set? They could have accomplished this by simply using the solid blue cap home and road, and a solid blue helmet.

I don't like it when helmet has a design that differs from the cap. The Twins did this by having a white panel on the helmet when there was no white panel on their caps; and I believe that the A's were guilty of this for a while, after they introduced a road cap but kept the one helmet design that resembled the home hat. (The problem there was the introduction of a road hat.)

The point is that the helmet is not a "thing" in and of itself; it's just a hard version of the cap.

I agree that this is how it should be but it appears that the ship has sailed with all of the caps teams now have. But if they brewers were going to do some mismatching, then just go with the blue helmet; being mismatched on the road only instead of all games makes much more sense.

As for the Twins helmet, what an ugly mess that was. You could barely see the "T". It's one of those things that astonishes me to see people look back at as positive. If Mauer had not worn it under his mask, I doubt it ever becomes the inspiration for the All-Star hats.

Anyway, at some point, helmets did become a "thing" and there really is very little weight given to having it match the hat. It may match the primary hat but not all the other hats. Sticking with the Twins, should they really have their standard helmet, a red-brimmed helmet, and a gold-outline-"TC" helmet? No. So what they really should do is just have one cap.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

What's the story?

Also, those numbers are too low. They're centered as though a nameplate would go above them - with no NOB, they should be about four inches higher.

Minnie Minoso tribute.

And agreed about the numbers being too low. Something looked off to me at first glance, but I couldn't put my finger on it.

Anyone who follows the Cardinals consistently ever seen them use yellow accessories?

I'm a Marlins fan and they're in St Louis now and Matt Carpenter is wearing red and white Nikes with yellow laces that look stunningly beautiful to me. Of course it matches perfectly with the yellow bat on their jerseys but I've never seen that done and I love it.

Edit: Looked up some video and apparently he's worn it at home before. I'm so used to Cardinals players using navy blue as a trim color that I'm surprised this hasn't been done before.

Today's Second City Showdown was perfection. You had the Chisox in what should be their Sunday alts and the Cubs in what should be their permanent road uni.

It looked sooooo good in person. Both looked terrific up close.

Archived