MLB Changes 2015

TVIXX

Nationals should bring back the DC cap as the one they wear with the grays. White DC on a red cap, and call it the official road cap

I would say yes if the used it with another font than the orginal because that was ugly.

The solid navy cap is my favorite of the bunch

Mine too.I think they should use their blue alts more.

Solid navy? Are you guys talking about this cap they don't wear anymore?

49-Washington-Nationals-MLB-Retro-On-Fie

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nationals should bring back the DC cap as the one they wear with the grays. White DC on a red cap, and call it the official road cap

I would say yes if the used it with another font than the orginal because that was ugly.

Correct.. I picked one up as soon as they came out just because I liked the look of it so much.. The braves knock-offs are inexcusably bad.. I actually think the solid red is their better "uniform" cap, but by itself, the navy hat is superior IMO (with the navy alt, as a fashion cap, and if they ever wore navy socks/belts/hats with any of their jerseys)

The DC caps were the best caps the team has ever had. They should have kept them. The curly W isn't as offensive as it once was though. Not since they finally committed to it and redesigned the rest of the uniform to tie into it.

The DC caps were the best caps the team has ever had. They should have kept them. The curly W isn't as offensive as it once was though. Not since they finally committed to it and redesigned the rest of the uniform to tie into it.

Yeah, the curly, flowing shape of the W didn't mesh at all with the beveled, blocky text on the older set.. I liked the DC cap, but more the novelty of it.. I thought it was like a GREAT alt, sort of a neat change up that referenced a different side of their identity.. But you're right, it did fit with their previous branding much better than either W cap did at the time

Correct.. I picked one up as soon as they came out just because I liked the look of it so much.. The braves knock-offs are inexcusably bad.. I actually think the solid red is their better "uniform" cap, but by itself, the navy hat is superior IMO (with the navy alt, as a fashion cap, and if they ever wore navy socks/belts/hats with any of their jerseys)

Totally agree. They should change their navy jersey logo to this one instead if the W/flag, add this cap back instead of the current navy/red one to go along the navy alt and wear their red caps on the road.

Totally agree. They should change their navy jersey logo to this one instead if the W/flag, add this cap back instead of the current navy/red one to go along the navy alt and wear their red caps on the road.

I used to hate the curly W, but I think it's really built an identity as the Washington Nationals' logo now. I hated it paired with the old block scripts (I think the prototype W would've worked a lot better), but now it just works.

They do need to change up their colors (Why do they wear navy when blue would be much more appropriate for a team in the nation's capital?) but the curly W should be here to stay.

I used to hate the curly W, but I think it's really built an identity as the Washington Nationals' logo now. I hated it paired with the old block scripts (I think the prototype W would've worked a lot better), but now it just works.

They do need to change up their colors (Why do they wear navy when blue would be much more appropriate for a team in the nation's capital?) but the curly W should be here to stay.

I think navy is about as appropriate as it gets since the American flag uses navy.. I don't usually nitpick the shade of blue used for "patriotic" themed teams, but I do think navy/midnight blue is more appropriate and accurate than other shades

I think navy is about as appropriate as it gets since the American flag uses navy.. I don't usually nitpick the shade of blue used for "patriotic" themed teams, but I do think navy/midnight blue is more appropriate and accurate than other shades
The flag actually doesn't use navy, it uses a unique color somewhere in between navy and royal, which is why both color can work when used.

I have always wondered what exact shade is used... Can any pantone expert point it out and compare it with regular royal and navy shades used in sports?

The US Government specifies PMS 193C(red) and PMS 282C(blue) as the official colors of the flag (along with white, of course)

PMS 282C is pretty dark.. Not much "royal" in it.. (there are, however 2 acceptable alternative blues for use in print(281, 288), which are both slightly lighter and have a bit more "royal" to them.

I have always wondered what exact shade is used... Can any pantone expert point it out and compare it with regular royal and navy shades used in sports?

The US Government specifies Pantone 193C(red) and Pantone 282C(blue) as the official colors of the flag (along with white, of course)

That is way darker than I expected. What would this shade of navy compare to in pro sports? I always thought the US national teams should use royal but this isn't royal at all...

swatch-blue.png

2b6b5edd0bc7ad0838a8b2e6e022799e.jpg

That is way darker than I expected. What would this shade of navy compare to in pro sports? I always thought the US national teams should use royal but this isn't royal at all...

swatch-blue.png

I'm also surprised to see that the actual color is that dark. I supposed it always looks lighter since the flag appears to glow, either through sunlight or a other lights showing through the thin material.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived