Chewbacca

2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

They look so half-assed it's like the Hawks hate getting money from fans.

So the only differences are the laceups, old logo on the sleeves, and the numbers. What's the point?

The more I look at those elements as well, the more I don't like them. The laceups are the same colour as the sweater and virtually unnoticeable besides the collar not going completely around the neck; the number font looks old-fashioned, but in the old-fashioned "graphic designers hadn't yet been invented" yet; and even the tomahawk logo has red tips instead of the yellow tips on the actual old sweater, and it just looks too plain and stripped.

I hope Chicago scraps these after the WC, not particularly because it doesn't look nice, but because we don't need another road/alternate combo like Dallas had 3 years ago.

No old crest or black sleeve cuff that meets the last stripe? This is a pretty disappointing unveiling. At least it's not a vintage white faux-back, but this is pretty lame.

and even the tomahawk logo has red tips instead of the yellow tips on the actual old sweater

Depends on whose rendering of the "actual old sweater" you believe. NHLUniforms' graphic has the yellow heads and black sleeve cuffs, but it appears the Winter Classic jersey is based off this NHL-licensed artwork:

IMG_20141105_204708_zpszrc9h02n.jpg

As underwhelming as the unveiling is, I gotta admit its attractive. Maybe even better than the current road but only slightly

I have no problem at all with what they unveiled.

It would have been better had they used that earlier rendering of the Indian Head, but I think The Organization wants us to believe the sacred logo sprung full-formed from the head of Zeus and has never had any tweaks for it has never needed any tweaks (not counting the old roundel logos). That or they're just lazy.

It would have been better had they used that earlier rendering of the Indian Head, but I think The Organization wants us to believe the sacred logo sprung full-formed from the head of Zeus and has never had any tweaks for it has never needed any tweaks (not counting the old roundel logos). That or they're just lazy.

I'm guessing they didn't want to have stuff getting produced that was really close to the current log but not as good.. They went with a throwback Indian Head for the first Winter Classic, but that was different enough that nobody would confuse it for the current logo.

Of course, it could be argued that the logo they used until 1999 was better than the one they've used since.

Of course, it could be argued that the logo they used until 1999 was better than the one they've used since.

Oh, most definitely.

As for the logo being tilted a little, I've seen sweaters where it's tilted up and some tilted down. It was an inexact science. Incidentally, during the game last night in Montreal, they gave a shoutout to the woman who had been chain-stitching the Indian Head on the game-worn sweaters for the last 25 years. I guess Reebok stopped contracting with her.

I'm interested to see if this means the end of chain-stitching is near. My understanding is that the machines are relics, and I'm guessing that sort of labor-intensive handiwork doesn't jive with Reebok's "let's outsource as much of this as possible in Indonesia" approach.

I'm interested to see if this means the end of chain-stitching is near. My understanding is that the machines are relics, and I'm guessing that sort of labor-intensive handiwork doesn't jive with Reebok's "let's outsource as much of this as possible in Indonesia" approach.

chain-stitching also used on St. Louis Cardinals jerseys, right ?

That hawk jersey is awful, looks like it was made by a drunk person, who just said " :censored: it ! i am sewing these patches on in the middle of the stripes "

And the Phillies. They may be the only ones left. I think the Astros may have in their previous set, but I'm not sure. The WHL Seattle Thunderbirds used to have some small chain-stitched details on their crest, too.

Phillies, right ! Happy to say i got both hawks jerseys, cards jerseys and phillie jerseys with that awesome look, #19 #88 and #4 and #6 respectively

The fix for this is so simple, too. Just make the middle stripe black, and you have a beautiful new jersey.

jV6snoY.jpg

The fix for this is so simple, too. Just make the middle stripe black, and you have a beautiful new jersey.

jV6snoY.jpg

As a one-off fauxback, I heartily approve of this. Gorgeous sweater.

I didn't even realize that their logo changed in 1999...any pics to showcase this?