2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

I just had a crazy idea. The Lightning should incorporate yellow into their color scheme (perhaps as the color of the lightning bolt), change the blue to a darker shade, and bring back black full time. While I'm not saying they should bring back the infamous “storm” jersey, I think they should wear something similar in design.

Why should they go darker? It's already pretty dark:

PMS_281_C_SRGB.png

Unless your in cartoon world lightning bolts are white. Also their jerseys aren't that dark.

I am thinking cartoon world lightning bolts. I just want similar in color scheme to this:

27e9c0e26c1d2c0b.jpg

Still one of my favorite alts of all time. I have a replica of it somewhere in my jersey collection.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If there's one thing the Canucks do not need to change, it's their colour scheme. Best in the league ;)

To be fair, I came up with that color scheme while they were still in the Deep Blue, Deep Red, Sky Blue and Silver scheme.

If there's one thing the Canucks do not need to change, it's their colour scheme. Best in the league ;)

To be fair, I came up with that color scheme while they were still in the Deep Blue, Deep Red, Sky Blue and Silver scheme.

It looks nice in a vacuum, I just think the current colours suit the region perfectly while looking vibrant and original.

I wish the Lightning had done something like this...

GdJBEk2.jpg

It looks nice in a vacuum, I just think the current colours suit the region perfectly while looking vibrant and original.

I wish the Lightning had done something like this...

GdJBEk2.jpg

That's a start, but it feels kinda empty. In a weird way, I think the raindrops fit in quite well with the original.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

How come Target can get the striping "right" on the Avalanche jersey but the actual team cant...

ZJlCUfa.jpg

Those added arm stripes make the whole jersey look so much better....

Granted... they also randomly added this hem stripe:

5bXXOkf.jpg

When a Walmart jersey is miles ahead of your actual jersey, it's time for a change.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

It looks like it still has some version of the bettman stripes, so it's a fail no matter how manyother improvements it has.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Avalanche need to bring back the cup winning set from 2001. We've seen the "mountain range" striping is possible on the Edge template, thanks to Anaheim's recent throwbacks, so I'm not buying that excuse anymore. Before the 2007 "Reebokalypse" it was unthinkable the team would ever change...

The Avalanche need to bring back the cup winning set from 2001. We've seen the "mountain range" striping is possible on the Edge template, thanks to Anaheim's recent throwbacks, so I'm not buying that excuse anymore. Before the 2007 "Reebokalypse" it was unthinkable the team would ever change...

And if you look at the Everett Silvertips of the WHL, they have a mountain range design on their jersey as well

7122_everett_silvertips-home-2014.gif

I'd wager that Silvertips jersey is sublimated. I am not saying it's impossible for Reebok to do the Avalanche jersey popular, just that Everett's jersey doesn't necessarily provide that evidence as the Avalanche jerseys were not sublimated for the striping.

It's the continuation of stripes over multiple fabric panels, I guess alignment and color consistency were concerns of RBK's. I think their rejected 10-template system avoided that issue entirely, but they had to figure it out after multiple teams insisted on horizontal stripes.

You'll notice that Everett's mountains are only on the front and back panels, whereas the pre-edge went the whole way around. That was the problem, not sublimation or anything like that.

Shouldn't be an issue by now, I put the onus on Colorado for not having better jerseys yet.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

their rejected 10-template system

What now?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived