2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pack your whites for trips to Montreal. That's one problem, and I solved it.

I'd say "the league managed to wear white at home and sometimes dark alternates at home without shutting down," but then I remembered the league switched home and away sweaters and then actually did shut down.

If only it was that simple...it's an equipment manager's nightmare.

Nah, I think if you're going to go with burgundy, you need to set it off from more traditional shades of red. That looks like plain old red in that picture.

That does not look plain old red. Whatever they do they need to balance the colors better. Either add more black to the jerseys and socks or minimal black with different lid and pants color.

White should never be worn at home in hockey. I don't like it

it's much better than seeing white away jerseys day in and day out. makes some variety in what you are seeing, especially those with season seats

Most people these days have colour tvs, so I never understood this argument.

You're in YOUR home. You should be wearing your colours.

White should never be worn at home in hockey. I don't like it

it's much better than seeing white away jerseys day in and day out. makes some variety in what you are seeing, especially those with season seats

Most people these days have colour tvs, so I never understood this argument.

You're in YOUR home. You should be wearing your colours.

This.

Also with the addition of coloured third jerseys, it just makes too much sense to wear the dark's at home.

But tell me, if colored jerseys for the home team is so great, why does MLB and the NBA not use it ?

LOL. You serious?

MLB has done color at home before. Teams with alts have the option, if they want, to wear their alt jerseys at home. You should know that. There is no rule that says MLB teams can't wear their colored alts at home.

Have you watched the NBA lately? They're being less restrictive of requiring the home team to wear white now. With HD TVs, it's OK now to have some contrast.

Go A's!

Nah, I think if you're going to go with burgundy, you need to set it off from more traditional shades of red. That looks like plain old red in that picture.

Just 'cause...

1995-1996 through 1998-1999:

PMS_202_C_SRGB.png

1999-2000 through present:

PMS_209_C_SRGB.png

I guess that's true. I always assume white as the road color. Maybe it's cuz I'm a diehard penn state fan... Hahaha

I'm an old timer and remember the whites at home in the NHL.

Even older old timers remember when colour at home was the norm in the NHL.

Fact is that it's 2014. The age of high definition, big money and extensive cable deals, premium cable packages, highlight reels, and online streaming. You don't have to work hard to see your team play on the road. Hell, it's not hard to see every team play at any rink. The "we have to wear whites at home to give fans variety" argument is no longer valid. There are plenty of ways for fans to see the coloured uniforms of other teams.

Besides, you mentioned the nightmares of equipment managers. White at home across the board would be a nightmare because it's also the age of the alternate sweater. Which are almost always dark. Obviously teams want to wear their alternates in front of the home crowds. With whites at home? Equipment managers need to pack both sets of uniforms for road trips that involve visiting a team that wants to wear a dark alternate. Dark at home means there's no issue. You just pack the whites for a road trip.

Just make it like soccer and have color on color (or colour on colour) when there is sufficient contrast. Who still has a b&w tv?

We don't need to make anything like soccer. It has its own traditions which are fine for that sport, but people need to stop suggesting this crap and THEY SHOULD RELEGATE BAD TEAMS TO A DIFFERENT LEAGUE!1! Yes, we have HDTVs. It still looks like an amateur rec league game when one team's wearing red and the other black. Furthermore, soccer blows.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Just make it like soccer and have color on color (or colour on colour) when there is sufficient contrast. Who still has a b&w tv?

We don't need to make anything like soccer. It has its own traditions which are fine for that sport, but people need to stop suggesting this crap and THEY SHOULD RELEGATE BAD TEAMS TO A DIFFERENT LEAGUE!1! Yes, we have HDTVs. It still looks like an amateur rec league game when one team's wearing red and the other black. Furthermore, soccer blows.

What a great argument.

I'm just gonna go out on a limb and say the original Wings/Leafs games were Red vs. Blue. I'm actually pretty sure the league started with color v color until enough color schemes were similar enough to need a difference for. When playing on a white surface, color v color tends to look pretty good.

What a great argument.

I'm just gonna go out on a limb and say the original Wings/Leafs games were Red vs. Blue. I'm actually pretty sure the league started with color v color until enough color schemes were similar enough to need a difference for. When playing on a white surface, color v color tends to look pretty good.

No worse an argument than "there's another sport which does this, so we should, too." And yes, in the 1930's teams only had one jersey. But it's not the '1930s, hockey aesthetics have been established, and teams can afford to purchase more than one set of jerseys. It doesn't matter if you can tell the difference between red and blue. It makes for a much more visually appealing game when there is contrast between a white and dark jersey. And that doesn't even mention the idea behind having a "home" jersey. If you're the home team, you wear your colors. If you're on the road, you don't get to wear your colors.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Do people watch hockey to watch a hockey game or for a fashion show? I'm not saying that means teams should have generic jerseys, but whether the home team is wearing white or their colours isn't going to mean a whole lot once the puck drops. I started out watching hockey when they wore white at home and have gotten use to having them wear colour jerseys at home and know why they do it and why it's not changing any time soon: money. For colour vs colour games, it's too much of a hassle for the teams to lug around another extra set of jerseys just for the few fans in the building who might want to see that happen. For those 1 game road trips, I suppose it could be done. And I am with those who say home teams should wear their colours at home.

Here is a full-bodied Johnny Canuck on a jersey. New Canucks fashion jersey to be sold. I don't mind this jersey at all, albeit the crest is small and sits a little high.

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/636079

That's interesting.

I've never seen a Reebok fashion jersey with tagging like that. It's almost replica-like.

Don't like the green and blue touching in the striping, though. Plus the collar needs some blue.

Larger logo also.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

Anyone know where I can get good cheap Goalie Cut jerseys (Under $50) to wear for rec games? Or even where to get the Kings Current jersey but in SPortgold / Black?

I know the Toledo Walleye Batman jerseys were available at one point- anyone remember the site? Or a site that sells custom sublimated jerseys?

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

Archived