2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

Seriously, it looks like that logo was made to be a jersey crest. It's the best visuals to ever represent the Canucks--by far.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A fashion jersey comes out with Skatin' Johnny placed too high on the sweater, too close to the collar, and far too small and people use that as proof that the logo doesn't work on a hockey jersey. Take any logo in the NHL, scale it to a dumb size and then place it awkwardly on the jersey and nobody's logo would look good.

Blow him up a little and center it in the space and it'd be one of the best crests in the NHL.

New-Hurricanes-Jerseys-feat.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

A fashion jersey comes out with Skatin' Johnny placed too high on the sweater, too close to the collar, and far too small and people use that as proof that the logo doesn't work on a hockey jersey. Take any logo in the NHL, scale it to a dumb size and then place it awkwardly on the jersey and nobody's logo would look good.

Blow him up a little and center it in the space and it'd be one of the best crests in the NHL.

exactly. Though in their case it made a bad logo worse.

PvO6ZWJ.png

OMGZ the logo is ruined!!!

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

So, someone go find us a better picture of this jersey from the WHL (not the current junior league, the old west coast pro league) Canucks of the 1960s.

Also, wtf, front jersey numbers from 50 years ago, with lace up collars no less. Everything new is actually really, really, old.

1962-63VancouverCanucks.jpgnormal.jpg?1291331381

Old school Johnny seems to bit more upright. Come to think of it, I think I have one of these pucks somewhere at my parent's house.

5810313993_e158dcc199_b.jpg

Also, arched script on the front of a jersey has a history in Vancouver... maybe the people behind the arched Vancouver over the orca aren't as dumb as we think sometimes.

Vancouver-Canucks-In-The-1960-s-vancouve

So, someone go find us a better picture of this jersey from the WHL (not the current junior league, the old west coast pro league) Canucks of the 1960s.

Also, wtf, front jersey numbers from 50 years ago, with lace up collars no less. Everything new is actually really, really, old.

1962-63VancouverCanucks.jpgnormal.jpg?1291331381

Old school Johnny seems to bit more upright. Come to think of it, I think I have one of these pucks somewhere at my parent's house.

5810313993_e158dcc199_b.jpg

Also, arched script on the front of a jersey has a history in Vancouver... maybe the people behind the arched Vancouver over the orca aren't as dumb as we think sometimes.

Vancouver-Canucks-In-The-1960-s-vancouve

our_game_gallery_23_slide.jpg

You know, now that I see Johnny Canuck on a jersey, I don't like it. It's too busy, but not in a Detroit Red Wings or original LA Kings way, it's with little appendages and such. A roundel would help him a lot, but I'm now moderately against his use.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Did a quick mock-up of full-bodied Johnny Canuck in front of the Millionaires V. No matter what the size of Johnny Canuck in front of the V (I might have him too big as it is now), I agree with Lee in that Johnny Canuck in the roundel like they have it in the Strength & Conditioning logo would be the best place to start.

8RBoQj4.png

That is BEAUTIFUL. I prefer the white V on blue than the green version. It pops out better and it would be consistent with the white jersey numbers and captain's C.

All I would do is add a green border on both the white and blue V's and the rest of the jersey font. The Johnny V-head, aka, the Vachon cakes rip-off, would be discontinued.

Archived