Chewbacca

2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Seriously, it looks like that logo was made to be a jersey crest. It's the best visuals to ever represent the Canucks--by far.

I get a kick out of how divisive it is lol. Anybody feel luke warm on it? Seems you either love it or hate it.

A fashion jersey comes out with Skatin' Johnny placed too high on the sweater, too close to the collar, and far too small and people use that as proof that the logo doesn't work on a hockey jersey. Take any logo in the NHL, scale it to a dumb size and then place it awkwardly on the jersey and nobody's logo would look good.

Blow him up a little and center it in the space and it'd be one of the best crests in the NHL.

New-Hurricanes-Jerseys-feat.jpg

Sharks going with Golden Seals or their original set would be wicked, but I'm betting on some chromed-out crap like last year.

A fashion jersey comes out with Skatin' Johnny placed too high on the sweater, too close to the collar, and far too small and people use that as proof that the logo doesn't work on a hockey jersey. Take any logo in the NHL, scale it to a dumb size and then place it awkwardly on the jersey and nobody's logo would look good.

Blow him up a little and center it in the space and it'd be one of the best crests in the NHL.

exactly. Though in their case it made a bad logo worse.

You're wrong on this one, though; they started with a good logo and a great set of jerseys.

OMGZ the logo is ruined!!!

Leads to wear patches in honour of Quinn tonight and on Saturday, as well as helmet decals for the rest of the year:

pat-quinn-patch.jpg

Seriously, it looks like that logo was made to be a jersey crest. It's the best visuals to ever represent the Canucks--by far.

Couldn't agree more. Instant upgrade.

So, someone go find us a better picture of this jersey from the WHL (not the current junior league, the old west coast pro league) Canucks of the 1960s.

Also, wtf, front jersey numbers from 50 years ago, with lace up collars no less. Everything new is actually really, really, old.

1962-63VancouverCanucks.jpgnormal.jpg?1291331381

Old school Johnny seems to bit more upright. Come to think of it, I think I have one of these pucks somewhere at my parent's house.

5810313993_e158dcc199_b.jpg

Also, arched script on the front of a jersey has a history in Vancouver... maybe the people behind the arched Vancouver over the orca aren't as dumb as we think sometimes.

Vancouver-Canucks-In-The-1960-s-vancouve

So, someone go find us a better picture of this jersey from the WHL (not the current junior league, the old west coast pro league) Canucks of the 1960s.

Also, wtf, front jersey numbers from 50 years ago, with lace up collars no less. Everything new is actually really, really, old.

1962-63VancouverCanucks.jpgnormal.jpg?1291331381

Old school Johnny seems to bit more upright. Come to think of it, I think I have one of these pucks somewhere at my parent's house.

5810313993_e158dcc199_b.jpg

Also, arched script on the front of a jersey has a history in Vancouver... maybe the people behind the arched Vancouver over the orca aren't as dumb as we think sometimes.

Vancouver-Canucks-In-The-1960-s-vancouve

our_game_gallery_23_slide.jpg

I actually like the Orca, I do. But man Johnny Canuck has grown on me as a logo. Can we at least get it on a 3rd?

You know, now that I see Johnny Canuck on a jersey, I don't like it. It's too busy, but not in a Detroit Red Wings or original LA Kings way, it's with little appendages and such. A roundel would help him a lot, but I'm now moderately against his use.

Bring back the skate logo and Germany colors, that's the best they ever had.

Bring back the skate logo and Germany colors, that's the best they ever had.

This. Always tought they should've made a modern version for the Heritage classic

Did a quick mock-up of full-bodied Johnny Canuck in front of the Millionaires V. No matter what the size of Johnny Canuck in front of the V (I might have him too big as it is now), I agree with Lee in that Johnny Canuck in the roundel like they have it in the Strength & Conditioning logo would be the best place to start.

8RBoQj4.png

That is BEAUTIFUL. I prefer the white V on blue than the green version. It pops out better and it would be consistent with the white jersey numbers and captain's C.

All I would do is add a green border on both the white and blue V's and the rest of the jersey font. The Johnny V-head, aka, the Vachon cakes rip-off, would be discontinued.