2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

I hope the Blues totally get rid of navy blue and just use royal blue and yellow. I'd be OK if they brought back a little red since that's what I grew up with. Not like the Gretzky era away jerseys, but just small stripes on the sleeves and hem like in the 80's.

I'm probably in the minority, but I've always like this Blues jersey and hopes it would be used again. At least as an alt, if not as a primary.

F3BA52D1-8C62-47EF-BC3D-64E69BA9EA6C.jpg

Take this design and add navy blue accents by making the thin blue stripes navy and leaving the thick ones royal, and it's a perfect update. Love this look.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question for ColorWerx: Is the Pen's 'Vegas Gold' any different from their regular set? A Pittsburgh journalist is claiming that it is more along the shade of the older Pen's uniforms.

Different set? You mean, the current vs. the Stadium Series set? They're the same if that's what you mean.

I hope the Blues totally get rid of navy blue and just use royal blue and yellow. I'd be OK if they brought back a little red since that's what I grew up with. Not like the Gretzky era away jerseys, but just small stripes on the sleeves and hem like in the 80's.

I'm probably in the minority, but I've always like this Blues jersey and hopes it would be used again. At least as an alt, if not as a primary.

This would be a great look to go back to. My guess is that they will have less navy, more gold, which I also think would be really nice to see. I think that a little navy on it wouldn't look too bad though.

I might be the only one, but i hope the Blues will reuse these jerseys

Blues17.png

To me, they were the best set they ever had

I like these, but I don't know if they should bring back red. If they do, it should be minimal, like these. Not sure if the Cardinals positives outweigh the Blackhawks and Red Wings negatives.

Double blue is overused, but not so much the two they use. I am among those that find their previous set hard to top, but the ones you posted are very nice. It's what I grew up with.

All I ask of the Blues is:

• Have yellow numbers with white border
  • Wear actual blue, not navy
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I have to disagree with a portion of Morgo's sig. Besides the shoulder yolk and the front numbers, these are excellent.

bos_g_johntts_300.jpg

if this was the penguins it would be a good look, because I like the early 90's 'skating' penguins jerseys. I just didn't like the look for the Islanders which reminded me of a penguins recolor and slap a isles logo and unnecessary elements on it.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I'm kinda mixed with the Blues. On one hand, yeah, they can do a lot better than what they have now in terms of jersey style. On the other though they've always been one of the few teams in sports that's been able to pull off the double blue look very well. If they can keep the double blue with perhaps adding some more yellow I'll be a happy camper

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

This was posted in the CHL thread. Slap a Bluenote logo on the front of it and maybe add some blue to the hem stripes and you've got a beautiful new St. Louis jersey.

y7PvRg1.jpg

One of the many retro jerseys the Blades are wearing for their 50th anniversary season.

cbe40ver0fdixhaag4regu3k0.gif3109.gifmt0sb106vq1t9wff53rzn98j9.gif

From Sudbury to Peterborough, now in Sherbrooke

2v274et.jpgWonderfully done by Silent Wind of Doom

I'm still a sucker for these to be honest. I know, I know...

t1_gretzky_all.jpg

Always thought the white ones were the perfect logical step (for the time anyways) from the prior set but those blue ones with the ridiculous amount were far and away the worst in franchise history.

I might be the only one, but i hope the Blues will reuse these jerseys

Blues17.png

To me, they were the best set they ever had

I always wondered why the hem striping on these jerseys were slightly different. They should've moved the striping down on the white jersey or moved it up on the blue jersey.

Personally, I find the addition of red to the Blues jerseys cheapens the look considerably and makes them look like a beer league team. Never use all of the primary colours together unless you're designing for children.

An updated version of this one posted earlier wouldn't be bad, simply get rid of the rounded yolks and go with a square shoulder a la the Rangers.

I dont get the hate for the Blues jersey. I think it's one of the nicest in the league and by far the best uniform that the Blues have ever had.

Are you referring to their current duds? If so, hell to the no. I outlined everything that's awful about their uniforms here and here.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Archived