2014-2015 NHL Jersey/Logo Changes

Chewbacca

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is anyone else surprised by Calgary and Colorado's insistence on keeping these piles of :censored: for another season longer than they have to? Can't blame RBK on that ...

Surprised: no...

Disappointed: extremely.

The only Avalanche sweater I can stand now is the third and it still not great. The addition of hem stripes would make it so much better though.

Seriously how hard would this be to do:

athirdhem_zps54c7e87b.png

A more suitable answer to your question: Just Go back to these.

preview_431_24877.jpg

I never understood the reasoning for the Blue. It just never said "Avs" to me.

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

Is anyone else surprised by Calgary and Colorado's insistence on keeping these piles of :censored: for another season longer than they have to? Can't blame RBK on that ...

The only Avalanche sweater I can stand now is the third and it still not great. The addition of hem stripes would make it so much better though.

A more suitable answer to your question: Just Go back to these.

preview_431_24877.jpg

I never understood the reasoning for the Blue. It just never said "Avs" to me.

I never really liked the striping on that third and the inconsistent striping really bothered me.

I like the Blue, its a unique shade.

And an employee for the team is claiming the home/away are going to be the same as they are now, just replace the Anaheim Ducks wordmark with the D logo. Third jersey stays third jersey.

That's news to me. I'd rather see those jerseys replaced altogether. Even with the D as opposed to the wordmark, they're too plain. While dumping the wordmark is most definitely the right way to go, this seems more like a sideways step than a step forward considering they're now willing to have an orange jersey in rotation.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

And an employee for the team is claiming the home/away are going to be the same as they are now, just replace the Anaheim Ducks wordmark with the D logo. Third jersey stays third jersey.

That's news to me. I'd rather see those jerseys replaced altogether. Even with the D as opposed to the wordmark, they're too plain. While dumping the wordmark is most definitely the right way to go, this seems more like a sideways step than a step forward considering they're now willing to have an orange jersey in rotation.

Awfully disapointing if this is true. The wordmark home and roads were great when they were released, but their novalty has quickly worn off since then. Now, they are going to look even more like garbage with the out-of-place D, and the same generic jerseys. The D looks good on the third, but won't look good on the H&R. Not with that striping.

When it comes to creating a matching road for the current third, you don't have to have the 100% same striping. A few tweaks here and there, and you can have something very respectable. It doesn't have to be the recolor job that we've seen 100 times on these boards.

PLEASE BE TRUE!!

I don't love the current template, but it's much better than the third. Getting rid of the wordmark, while not promoting the third, is a win/win in my eyes.

A few Anaheim Ducks related rumors...

From someone who has seen the new Reebok/CCM catalog, the Anaheim Ducks home/away jerseys are showing as TBD, with the third jersey as unchanged. I'd like confirmation if possible; anybody involved with seeing all the Blues stuff as TBD see this with the Ducks?

Best news ever.

Any criticism of those uniforms is moot at this point (and really, what criticisms are left? It's silver, not gold? The team explained that thoroughly and it works. No outline on the numbers? Ok, kinda, but it might not have worked as well as we think, especially with the green numbers).

All criticisms are "moot" because you disagree with them? Cool. I'm interested to see how saying "Well, uh, there's no gold in the sky" is a thorough explanation for dumping a colour you've worn for 46 years (interestingly enough, I haven't seen a lot of green in the sky, either...). And I think the Saskatchewan Roughriders, who wear a very similar (the same?) shade of green prove that yes, adding a thin black stroke to light green doesn't magically render them illegible. And I could go on about a few other flaws, but I'll leave it at that.

My point? Don't completely dismiss valid criticisms of a jersey as "moot" on the grounds that you disagree with them (and go on to bring up very weak counterpoints). You like the Stars jerseys? Sweet. More power to you then.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I never really liked the striping on that third and the inconsistent striping really bothered me.

I like the Blue, its a unique shade.

I'll file that as something I've never noticed before. I like their alt now because I think the burgundy looks a little drab to me.

It's nice that the Ducks are dropping the wordmark logo, but it still won't change how dull their jerseys are. If it were up to me, I'd promote the third jersey to home, create a matching road, and introduce an orange third with the Mighty Ducks logo on the front.

At the very least, I'd like to throw more orange on what they have right now.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

Amazing how much this improves the jersey...it actually looks like a legit hockey sweater now, even if some don't love it.

I'm baffled why teams produced jerseys that look...incomplete at best. Was this an RBK edict or just not caring enough to make it look right?

Amazing how much this improves the jersey...it actually looks like a legit hockey sweater now, even if some don't love it.

I'm baffled why teams produced jerseys that look...incomplete at best. Was this an RBK edict or just not caring enough to make it look right?

Reebok was no doubt heavily lobbying for their "innovations" to be used, but at the end if the day, the teams voluntarily went along with it.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Reebok was no doubt heavily lobbying for their "innovations" to be used, but at the end if the day, the teams voluntarily went along with it.

I hear ya -- when it comes to the "innovations" of half-stripes and piping or click-and-fill templates, but what "innovation" is the "Hey, let's use no waist striping" technique?

I hear ya -- when it comes to the "innovations" of half-stripes and piping or click-and-fill templates, but what "innovation" is the "Hey, let's use no waist striping" technique?

Ah yes. Using the same logic as the San Jose Sharks current set, .08% lighter jersey for faster hockey :upside:.

59ea7286cd78e_NewAvsSig.png.5747971588ea035fdc4dbcf3bf43f77a.png

I don't like the Blues' roundel: the beveling looks bad, the arch and blue note compete with each other, and they used Copperplate, which just seems so low-rent now. The white numbers on navy blue are nowhere near as nice as yellow numbers on royal blue. It's not like the regular set is among the league's best -- it's actually among the league's worst -- but at least it stays true to their traditional color palette.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Hey everyone. Sorry to say I won't be able to post pics of pages from the catalog. Kinda frowned upon by the guys that matter. I can answer any questions to the best of my ability though.

Archived