2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

Interesting mix, but maybe use it on the Baby Pens. A Pittsburgh team should only be in black and Pittsburgh gold.

But the PITTSBURGH Penguins used to ACTUALLY wear that color scheme...

So what? The Canadiens used to actually wear green. Should they be wearing green these days? No, they really shouldn't. The Pens should be wearing black and gold.

The Canadiens never wore green. The Maple Leafs did.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting mix, but maybe use it on the Baby Pens. A Pittsburgh team should only be in black and Pittsburgh gold.

So what? The Canadiens used to actually wear green. Should they be wearing green these days? No, they really shouldn't. The Pens should be wearing black and gold.

I had to think about that for a minute, too. He's referring to these:

jersey2.jpg

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Another gem from the Blue Jackets. I really like this one:

12459712_10205508214610824_2099421434_n.

That's a damn sight better than Copperplate on the back.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The Canadiens had a green logo back in the NHA days.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

One thing I've never understood is why the Pens and Bruins both having black and gold has seemed like such a big deal. And go even further there are at least 4 red, white, and blue teams, 5 if you count Colorado but their shades are a bit more unique. It's not like the Penguins and Bruins jerseys are too similar, especially if the Pens bring back the early 90s look as it's rumored. Just my thoughts because I personally love both of their looks, despite a strong dislike for one of the teams.

58f9196939e87_CCSLCsig.png.9bc4492f6b88c5f7d305eb5337acf1f0.png

I'm in the minority but I love vegas gold. When the penguins change their unifroms I hope they keep the color

Remove the excess shiny material from the crest, fix-up the weird pointy hemline, and make a black version and those should be the new Penguins H&R uniforms...

penguins-stadium-series-article.jpg

It is similar to Dallas, though the colours are flipped around. Crappy faux-chrome logo aside, this was easily the best of that year's Stadium Series uniforms. I'd also be OK with them going with this.

That is definitely not true... The Devils were way better. :D

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

I'm in the minority but I love vegas gold. When the penguins change their unifroms I hope they keep the color

Agreed. I've always looked at Boston's colour-scheme and thought it was too strong on the eyes. I like the toned down yellow look. Gives it some class. It's never bugged me, apart from the fact that it's mostly been used on a boring template. The latest stadium series jersey (as shown) shows that it can be used to look much better.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

One thing I've never understood is why the Pens and Bruins both having black and gold has seemed like such a big deal.

Harry Sinden had gotten the New England Whalers to change their name as a condition of their continued existence and was kinda feeling his oats after that, claiming that black and yellow "belonged" to Boston the same way Vancouver once "belonged" in the Maple Leafs' television territory.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Agreed. I've always looked at Boston's colour-scheme and thought it was too strong on the eyes. I like the toned down yellow look. Gives it some class. It's never bugged me, apart from the fact that it's mostly been used on a boring template. The latest stadium series jersey (as shown) shows that it can be used to look much better.

Yeah, the SS jersey at least has somewhat standard hockey striping. The Penguins current jerseys are nothing more than Senators jerseys with new colors click-n-filled with the fill tool and a Penguins logo in place of the Roman head. I do agree maybe a few...minor adjustments to set them apart from Dallas and to fix up the few faults caused by the SS template. But no need to go all-out retro. Minimal striping would be a fresh, clean slate.

Yeah, the SS jersey at least has somewhat standard hockey striping. The Penguins current jerseys are nothing more than Senators jerseys with new colors click-n-filled with the fill tool and a Penguins logo in place of the Roman head. I do agree maybe a few...minor adjustments to set them apart from Dallas and to fix up the few faults caused by the SS template. But no need to go all-out retro. Minimal striping would be a fresh, clean slate.

While I prefer the yellow to vegas gold, the problem really is in the template. Yellow would be just as bad in the current, and vegas gold 1990s jerseys in vegas gold would still be an improvement to what they wear now

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Remove the excess shiny material from the crest, fix-up the weird pointy hemline, and make a black version and those should be the new Penguins H&R uniforms...

penguins-stadium-series-article.jpg

Why go with those, when you already had a superior jersey:

53320768_10_std.jpg

IMG_3200-M.jpg

One thing I've never understood is why the Pens and Bruins both having black and gold has seemed like such a big deal.

Harry Sinden had gotten the New England Whalers to change their name as a condition of their continued existence and was kinda feeling his oats after that, claiming that black and yellow "belonged" to Boston the same way Vancouver once "belonged" in the Maple Leafs' television territory.

Doesn't make the claim any less ludicrous, and doesn't explain why people on these very boards keep repeating it as though it means anything.

Habs and bruins alumni game. Habs are wearing their usual road whites and the bruins their Orr era stuff, but in the 6100 cut.

What the B's wear now is good but I still prefer their Orr era stuff.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

Archived