2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

I really like the Oilers orange jersey. Though I don't like this venue to introduce it. It's very interesting to me that the first time they were ever going to show the franchise savior in an Oilers' uniform and colors the team chose to dress him in a brand new alternate jersey and not their primary. Nothing the Oilers do makes sense to me.

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Beej should never have taken Stinger off of the shoulders, anyway.

Well Kepi Hat was a damn nice logo and the perfect secondary logo to the primary, but even still I'd rather have Stinger on the shoulders than the cannon logo!

PvO6ZWJ.png

Yotes_zpsc8xazchp.jpg

I will say, I don't mind them as bad from this version.

Looks like the red is more maroon in these pictures. The maroon looks better within the mess.

Still a mess, but looks better with the maroon vs the red.

Overall todays changes have been underwhelming at best and, in some cases, embarrassingly bad. I agree with the poster who said that 2007-2015 will not be looked back upon as great time for hockey aesthetics...

Arizona Coyotes

Fail! Every uniform change in the history of this franchise has been a downgrade and this is the worst yet. The black areas look like they were slapped on at the very last minute and the shoulder patches look cheap and amateur. All they had to do with the previous set (which is starting to look really good now) was add hem stripes and use the shoulder patch on both shoulders. 5 seconds and you have infinitely superior look to what was released today.

F

Colorado Avalanche

Well at least the patch is in team colours but that's where the positives end. Ditching the foot for that bland as paint mark is as unforgivable as keeping the leagues worst uniforms otherwise untouched. The anniversary patch looks even worse under that stupid "bib" piping...

F

Montreal Canadiens

The lace ups make an already great looking set better.

A+

Edmonton Oilers
Oh so close to perfection... I know they have historical precedent but the collar design and yoke numbers simply don't look good. Its like the Flyers nameplate all over again. Besides that, its spectacular.

A

Columbus Blue Jackets

Right now I like it, because its a change to an identity that is the very definition of tired. Still its disappointing they didn't do more

C

The Ducks made a minor tweak to the home uniform, which now has a white lace:

larssonDL062615header.jpg

Meh. Now it really sticks out like a sore thumb.

Either keep it black or make them orange.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Arizona Coyotes: Not fan of that. I expected something more like their original uniforms.

Colorado Avalanche: Changing sleeve patch doesn't make that jersey better.

Montreal Canadiens: I have the same feels like Habsfan1, by the way I'm very interesting what jersey will be for Winter Classic maybe the white one from 1936-38?

Edmonton Oilers: That's hot! They should introduce that sweater a long time ago. BTW, names should be white like in original jersey not blue with white border

Columbus Blue Jackets: It's not bad, but they should keep with old patch.

Washington Capitals: Nice, nothing more

4r2eer.png

Montreal Canadiens: I have the same feels like Habsfan1, by the way I'm very interesting what jersey will be for Winter Classic maybe the white one from 1936-38?

I agree. :)

It would be the best choice, for sure. One of the few remaining classic jerseys we have yet to see used in throwback mode...

Canadiens11.png

I agree. :)

It would be the best choice, for sure. One of the few remaining classic jerseys we have yet to see used in throwback mode...

Canadiens11.png

Canadiens05.png

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

My opinions about all the changes...

Coyotes - I like them. Not bland at all like the previous set. Good use of black. Wish they would use both shoulder logos on both jerseys and not have just one on each jersey.

Avalanche - Changing one logo to a lesser logo. Mild downgrade. Enough has already been said about what changes the jerseys really need.

Blue Jackets - I like this change of the shoulder logo. I have no complaints about a logo that may have that much white space as long as it is on a color background, which it will be on both jerseys anyways. I would like to see a version of that logo that is pre-dominantly blue if they ever have a jersey that has white shoulders, but is not necessary now.

Oilers - This new orange jersey is now my favorite Oilers jersey since the pre-edge days. Even better than their retro-based home and roads now (which I don't like that much because of inconsistant striping and super-thick collar vertex.)

Canadiens - It can get away with the white lace up collar on the red jersey because that segment behind the new LNH patch is also red, but man if it doesn't look terrible on the white jersey. Should have made that NHL patch segment blue with the white collar, or left it white like before but used an all blue collar with the laces (like what Toronto does). Red gets a pass, white almost fails.

Capitals - The vintage set was never that great to begin with. At least this version gives a little more spacing amongst the stars and the numbers. Not fond of how the entire shoulder/collar area is entirely white (and how is was entirely red on the white jerseys). As not authentic a throwback as it would be, making the collar blue on both throwbacks would have helped a bit.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I really like the Oilers orange jersey. Though I don't like this venue to introduce it. It's very interesting to me that the first time they were ever going to show the franchise savior in an Oilers' uniform and colors the team chose to dress him in a brand new alternate jersey and not their primary. Nothing the Oilers do makes sense to me.

The way they introduced it was my problem with it. I love the idea of showing off a New Jersey at the draft, but not if it's your first impression of the new face of your team. I would have given it to the next pick (which, thanks to trades, would have been in like the 3rd round. They could have introduced Griffin Reinhart in the alternate).

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Arizona- Although it's not what I was hoping for nor is it anything spectacular, it's an improvement nonetheless. I like it.

Montreal- I'm a huge fan of what they've done. Of any team in the league, the Habs should have lace-ups. The LNH shield is a nice touch too.

Colorado- Losing the Yeti foot is a huge negative. That was one of the best shoulder marks in sports. I have a feeling we'll see it back in a couple years. The Avs missed a huge opportunity to fix their uniforms.

Edmonton- Love the orange alt.

Columbus- I'm not a fan of the cannon logo as a primary crest, but it looks nice on the shoulder with the touches of red added.

Washington- They do need to create a uniform with the Weagle on the front, but that throwback set is gorgeous.

sig.png

The way they introduced it was my problem with it. I love the idea of showing off a New Jersey at the draft, but not if it's your first impression of the new face of your team. I would have given it to the next pick (which, thanks to trades, would have been in like the 3rd round. They could have introduced Griffin Reinhart in the alternate).
Wouldn't you want it on the new face of your franchise to get people to buy them?

Colorado was step down. That yeti footprint was one of the best if not the best secondary logos in the NHL. What do they do? They swap it out for a generic "C". Look I know its from the flag of Colorado but with the AV's color scheme it doesn't look like it. It looked great on the Rockies uniforms but that was because it matched the primary logo and was colored with the proper colors. Here its looks awkward and misplaced.

I like Arizona. I think they are sharper than the previous set. However I hate the fact they ditched the moon logo. Also one of the best secondary logos in the league. Think how cool that white moon patch would look on those black pants. Like a white moon in a night sky. While I dig the paw print I'm not a fan of having mismatching home and away shoulder logos. The paws should be on both jerseys. Also since they changed everything why leave that Coyote head logo as is? They should have gotten a new primary to go along with everything else.

Columbus. Beautiful. Love that cannon. Its nice to see it on the home and away's. Far better than the civil war cap.

Montreal. Hate laces. They stand out like a sore thumb and are downright ugly. That's a fashion trend that should stay in the past along with wool sweaters and bell bottoms.

Edmonton. Ahh the good old Alberta Oilers. A little too bright but otherwise not bad. Its going to be odd seeing the Oilers in orange jerseys again. Its a color they haven't worn in over 40 years!!

The Catch of the Day!

Anyone have a photo of the new Road shoulder patch for Arizona? I have seen tons of pictures of the new paw logo on the home Jersey but haven't been able to find the new state logo

Looks the same to me. Maybe a slightly different font and no red borders?

http://coyotes.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=772384

Go to 1:25

Anyone have a photo of the new Road shoulder patch for Arizona? I have seen tons of pictures of the new paw logo on the home Jersey but haven't been able to find the new state logo

Looks the same to me. Maybe a slightly different font and no red borders?

http://coyotes.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=772384

Go to 1:25

What an awkward scene. Coyotes should have had a press conference rather than unveil them at the sparsely attended whatever-that-was.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived