College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Georgetown upgrading to new Mach Speed uniforms for the 2015 season.

CMfTW57WEAEFStm.jpg
CMfTW6FXAAAo3tl.jpg

Uhg... following with the new Nike trend... pattern shoulder caps! Great innovation that is exclusive to Georgotown... oh wait... nevermind. Furthermore, its an exact cut and past of the Michigan State uniforms... the font, the shoulder caps, the stripe on the helmet. FAIL.

I wouldn't call this a fail. The numbers are copies of another team but if the whole thing looks good instead of an absolute mess it's not a fail. I think they should have added more blue to the helmet striping though.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Those Georgetown uniforms are fine, but if they were content to recycle a font used elsewhere, why not just use number font on the Georgetown basketball uniforms?

I always wonder how they pick out their things on the catalog. I imagine they all sit around in a room with the Nike Catalog on a projector clicking around until they get what they want

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

South Carolina finally has a black uniform option this year.

CMZ0IwxVEAASY8i.jpg

They had one last year as well, on their old template. Didn't work out so well when they wore it, though: 635504827242468760-USATSI-8179327.jpg

Ughhh. The blackout/Wounder Warrior/Greyout aka Battle gimmick uniforms have NEVER worked for the Cocks and need to be put to bed for good. The 2011 Auburn costume that UA cooked up was so ugly that the officials made the team take off the jersey and wear their normal black tops since the numbers were literally illegible. You think the Head Ball Coach would remember his quote from 2001 when he came into Columbia with the Gators and pasted the Cocks 54-17 during a blackout game, noting in classic Spurrier fashion that "all that black really helped our receivers see the football in the air."

hi-res-6657224_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=42

uspw_5735752.jpg

FloridaSCarolinaFootball_5724439_ver1.0_

under-armour-wounded-warrior-project-foo

I wouldn't call this a fail. The numbers are copies of another team but if the whole thing looks good instead of an absolute mess it's not a fail. I think they should have added more blue to the helmet striping though.

Its a cut and paste of Michigan State. Same font. Same tapered helmet stripe. Same uniform style with the patterns shoulder cap. Sub out the blue for green and its Michigan State. Its one thing to have the same or similar element of a uniform... its another thing to have 3 or 4 of the same elements.

Montana unveiled their unis for this upcoming season. Only gripe I have is the white helmet with the throwbacks. Should be yellow like it used to be.

RhZtanw.png

ZyW54Ka.png

y47fczn.png

GAo5JPf.png

9dnh6kw.png

YouTube video:

Full story:

http://gogriz.com/news/2015/8/25/FB_0825150251.aspx

So three different fonts on the jerseys plus the cursive "Griz" script? Seems like they could've just used the standard font from the normal home and away set on the "anthracite" jersey. For a special jersey the "Montana Granite" concept seems pretty paint-by-numbers/Nike cataloguish and not what I would expect for a traditionally great FCS school. Also, not sure if it is just the lighting in the above-noted photo but the gray text on the maroon jerseys seems pretty hard to read, wondering what it will look like on the field.

Montana unveiled their unis for this upcoming season. Only gripe I have is the white helmet with the throwbacks. Should be yellow like it used to be.

RhZtanw.png

ZyW54Ka.png

y47fczn.png

GAo5JPf.png

9dnh6kw.png

YouTube video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=112&v=-60kX1bUTAc

Full story:

http://gogriz.com/news/2015/8/25/FB_0825150251.aspx

So three different fonts on the jerseys plus the cursive "Griz" script? Seems like they could've just used the standard font from the normal home and away set on the "anthracite" jersey. For a special jersey the "Montana Granite" concept seems pretty paint-by-numbers/Nike cataloguish and not what I would expect for a traditionally great FCS school. Also, not sure if it is just the lighting in the above-noted photo but the gray text on the maroon jerseys seems pretty hard to read, wondering what it will look like on the field.

The maroon and white jerseys aren't new. We've had the maroon for 2 years and the white for 1. The only new things are everything that you see on the grey out uni and the throwback

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

Ball State appears to have added a helmet and made alterations to their white shells.

2015-08-25%2011.57.45_zpssfu8a4m2.jpg

Huge downgrade for Ball State. They put out a video and the equipment manager sounded like an idiot. I wonder if the helmet stripes are something the coaches wanted. I remember Kentucky doing that because it was easier for coaches to watch film on lineman with the stripes as opposed to clean.

TaxSlayer Bowl_sig.png

I love the Griz wordmark and hate the clunky state silhouette logo, it looks so bad on the helmet, especially compared to the beautifully shaped Griz logo

Agreed. The script is so nice, but the shape of Montana is not well suited for a helmet decal. I always love seeing throwback stuff for them. I love that old color scheme.

gYH2mW9.png

Ball State appears to have added a helmet and made alterations to their white shells.

2015-08-25%2011.57.45_zpssfu8a4m2.jpg

Huge downgrade for Ball State. They put out a video and the equipment manager sounded like an idiot. I wonder if the helmet stripes are something the coaches wanted. I remember Kentucky doing that because it was easier for coaches to watch film on lineman with the stripes as opposed to clean.

While I am disappointed with the BFBS and numbers on one side of the helmet, I am actually a fan of adding the stripe. Ball State's white helmets always looked very empty to me, especially with the clunky logo.

IOWA HAWKEYES // KANSAS CITY CHIEFS // MINNESOTA TWINS

Archived