College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

As an older guy, I am a big fan of the bowl system, but yes, there are a few too many. I do like "low-end" bowls, going the local New Mexico Bowl for the tenth year in a row. I am glad the NCAA awarded the final bowl slots to only the top 5-7 academic performing schools - Nebraska can be proud of that. I just wish the 5-7 teams would have had to accept the lowest tier bowl slots - after all the 6-6 teams had been placed. That would have avoided silly matchups like conference Nevada-Colorado State in the new (probably unnecessary) Arizona Bowl.

Good Luck in the bowl - Mike Riley is a good coach. Still like to see the 5-7 teams be mandatory road teams and wear white (or pastels).

Truthfully, I'm not crazy about 5-7 bowl games either. I'm old school like you and feel like we should probably have about 10-12 bowl games like there used to be. Actually, on one hand I don't mind the idea of more exhibition games (more football!), but I wish there was more distinction between what is essentially a "real" bowl game. With the way the new playoff model is unfolding, I'm hoping that those six bowl (and maybe 8 or 10 if the bracket expands) come to be viewed as sort of the benchmark for a successful year.

My ideal system would be an 8-team playoff and 10 bowl games. That means that the top 28 teams are left standing at the end of the year, giving great quality football to all of the bowl games.

I think adding more teams into the playoffs would extend the season too much

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As an older guy, I am a big fan of the bowl system, but yes, there are a few too many. I do like "low-end" bowls, going the local New Mexico Bowl for the tenth year in a row. I am glad the NCAA awarded the final bowl slots to only the top 5-7 academic performing schools - Nebraska can be proud of that. I just wish the 5-7 teams would have had to accept the lowest tier bowl slots - after all the 6-6 teams had been placed. That would have avoided silly matchups like conference Nevada-Colorado State in the new (probably unnecessary) Arizona Bowl.

Good Luck in the bowl - Mike Riley is a good coach. Still like to see the 5-7 teams be mandatory road teams and wear white (or pastels).

Truthfully, I'm not crazy about 5-7 bowl games either. I'm old school like you and feel like we should probably have about 10-12 bowl games like there used to be. Actually, on one hand I don't mind the idea of more exhibition games (more football!), but I wish there was more distinction between what is essentially a "real" bowl game. With the way the new playoff model is unfolding, I'm hoping that those six bowl (and maybe 8 or 10 if the bracket expands) come to be viewed as sort of the benchmark for a successful year.

My ideal system would be an 8-team playoff and 10 bowl games. That means that the top 28 teams are left standing at the end of the year, giving great quality football to all of the bowl games.

I agree.. Plus, once you extend it to 8, people will be clamoring for 16.. It's a lose-lose situation.. For years, 2 teams worked, then people saw the occasional deserving #3 get snubbed, so we went to 4, but now that's not good enough.. At some point you have to draw the line

What if they played the first round this weekend? It would give us some meaningful games to watch instead of bowl games featuring teams with 5-7 records. Everybody outside of Army & Navy will have had 2 weeks of rest, and it would leave enough time to rest up for the next round. The scheduling for the next rounds wouldn't have to change and wouldn't extend any deeper into January than it already does.

yep, I said something like this early in the season. Michigan and Nebraska look pretty good in their adidas unis. It's the used car salesman that some adidas reps are that convince these other coaches that they need that shockweb baloney, ugly striping, BFBS and GFGS. I'd say UCLA has been the biggest disappointment this season.

I think we miss the definition if "template" on here a lot.. Template refers specifically to the pattern with which the jersey is constructed - essentially the placement of the seams and material choices... All the artwork, numbers, striping, etc are just decoration/embellishments... Adidas HAS definitely gone off the deep end in that department though.. Their techfit templates have been solid, as long as the schools avoid the shockweb material

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Interesting that North Carolina A&T has two completely different numbers. One set for front and back and one for the shoulders. Alcorn State looks better from the neck down. I just don't like chrome helmets that make it impossible to see the logos.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Interesting that North Carolina A&T has two completely different numbers. One set for front and back and one for the shoulders. Alcorn State looks better from the neck down. I just don't like chrome helmets that make it impossible to see the logos.

I think Alcorn St. only has the logo on one side, it seems they don't have anything on the other.

The Holy War looks good. BYU in W/Royal/W, Utah in All Red.

At this point, refering to this as a "war" or "game" is probably overstating it. It's 35-0 Utes in 1Q.

But I agree with you. BYU especially looks good in royal. I wish they would go to that full time.

BYU looks great. I like the shade of blue they are using. The subtle use of blue chrome on the white helmets gives a modern tweet to a classic look.

Utah has too much going on for my taste. I think they'd get more from a little subtraction.

I do like a good blue v. red match up, particularly between two state rivals.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

At this point, refering to this as a "war" or "game" is probably overstating it. It's 35-0 Utes in 1Q.

But I agree with you. BYU especially looks good in royal. I wish they would go to that full time.

It was a war before the game started :P

AmPJ0Ty.png 

I love New Mexico's helmets. Is this the first time they've used the sun logo on the helmet or have they been using it all year?

The Helmet Project might be out of date since I know it's been in update/catch-up mode for months, but according to that site, they last used a variation of that logo in the late 1970s. It wasn't the exact same design, though.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Shepards logo looks like it was designed by a five year old in paint

I feel like if they copied the Rams unis from the 70's the70's they would look so much better. NW Missouri looks horrible with the chrome uniform numbers. They look brown at times.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Shepards logo looks like it was designed by a five year old in paint

I feel like if they copied the Rams unis from the 70's the70's they would look so much better. NW Missouri looks horrible with the chrome uniform numbers. They look brown at times.

Yea I haven't been a fan of their white uniforms since they started doing that a year or 2 ago

IowaWesternBanner.png

Archived