College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's the panther that replaced the one on the shirt. Very confusing that they'd use a retired mark

5347_pittsburgh_panthers-alternate-2002.

That looks like a wet dog.

....and now I can't unsee it. (It really does look doglike though)

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

other interesting logos:

pDSP1-19810548dt.jpg

Aw, man. I refuse to buy any BYU apparel with the inverted colored logo (blue Y on white oval) because I don't like how the negative space looks. I also refuse to buy any BFBS BYU apparel. Nike isn't leaving me very many choices...

EDIT: Maybe the Y is navy, which isn't much better because absent another color (e.g., the St. Louis Blues' gold), navy and royal don't look so good together.

Anyway,

BYU-Helmet3.jpgGreater-Than_S.pngBYU-Helmet2.jpg

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

For all the crap I see online about Adidas and their jerseys/shorts/brands/templates, Nike is starting to get up there in terms of terrible design/crap as well.

What the hell is going on?

I sort of know what you're saying, but t-shirts like these with just the logo are nice and classic. The subtle added effects in the screen printing are pretty cool.

other interesting logos:

Aw, man. I refuse to buy any BYU apparel with the inverted colored logo (blue Y on white oval) because I don't like how the negative space looks. I also refuse to buy any BFBS BYU apparel. Nike isn't leaving me very many choices...

EDIT: Maybe the Y is navy, which isn't much better because absent another color (e.g., the St. Louis Blues' gold), navy and royal don't look so good together.

Anyway,

Yeah the Y is navy on the shirt. Looks like they were trying to combine both eras. Not a bad look, IMO. A different take on BYU's merchandise.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

For all the crap I see online about Adidas and their jerseys/shorts/brands/templates, Nike is starting to get up there in terms of terrible design/crap as well.

I'm not seeing how these are terrible designs considering these are supposed to be basic school logo shirts. Nike has other fan gear that has a bit more design work in them so I'm not seeing how your argument holds up with the shirts posted so far.

Newest UNC video with a little clearer look at the uniform. Looks very clean, argyle perhaps on the pants.

At the risk of sounding like one of those deniers in the Browns thread, I'm not sure that I buy that UNC would "leak" their new uniforms in the background of their own video.

I certainly hope they go with a simple, clean look like that, but color me skeptical that they would reveal so much that way.

I'm not seeing how these are terrible designs considering these are supposed to be basic school logo shirts. Nike has other fan gear that has a bit more design work in them so I'm not seeing how your argument holds up with the shirts posted so far.

I meant overall like last season Miami's unis and the new TCU uniforms. Ouch. Nike's made some poor designs the past couple of years (IMO) and this upcoming year's TCU unis are terrible. They're not on Adidas' level but they are starting to release some head scratchers.

This is the first time I have seen that panther. Obviously they should know better than me what's current. Howcer i think both shurts are using throwback logos.

That one is actually NOT the current panther. They dropped this version and went back to the original one (the one on the shirt posted earlier) at some point. I don't know when they switched back, but as of 2015 I can tell you that they no longer use this version.

Both panther logos are bad, but the original/current one is laughably bad. It looks like someone tried to vectorize a logo they found on a football program from the '20s.

Pitt's secondary logos are some of the worst in all of sports.

sHnPqYD.png

pFMm4NA.png

Watching a replay of the FSU spring game and they've updates their garnet set to the Mach Speed template, just like their updated white unis. I'm glad they did this as it bugged me they had two different templates for the same design. My only critique of the new jerseys is that I wish they took this opportunity to switch back to white numbers. That would push this set over the top for me. Right now, it's a really nice set, but could be great with that tweak.

Also looks like some players are wearing the old pants (Before the away jersey number color switch) and some wearing the new ones (Mach Speed template). I'm sure the pants deal is just a spring game thing.

e6aws7.jpg

21d51kj.jpg

Watching a replay of the FSU spring game and they've updates their garnet set to the Mach Speed template, just like their updated white unis. I'm glad they did this as it bugged me they had two different templates for the same design. Also looks like some players are wearing the old pants (Before the away jersey number color switch) and some wearing the new ones (Mach Speed template). I'm sure the pants deal is just a spring game thing.

e6aws7.jpg

21d51kj.jpg

I honestly hate the Mach Speed truncated collar... it just looks like crap.

Watching a replay of the FSU spring game and they've updates their garnet set to the Mach Speed template, just like their updated white unis. I'm glad they did this as it bugged me they had two different templates for the same design. Also looks like some players are wearing the old pants (Before the away jersey number color switch) and some wearing the new ones (Mach Speed template). I'm sure the pants deal is just a spring game thing.

e6aws7.jpg

21d51kj.jpg

I honestly hate the Mach Speed truncated collar... it just looks like crap.

There are two different versions of it , from what i can tell. Army's looks noticably different from the ones that were worn last year by Bama, OSU, Oregon, FSU, etc

CChFWu3UgAAjsZO.jpg

This one doesnt have the weird lines above the logo and fits it in there perfectly. FSU and the other schools should look to do something similar

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

That panther actually did go through some revisions a few years ago.

And speaking of schools that could probably use an identity refresh...

(As long as Nike's not doing it.)

Didn't they go to the old Pitt script last year? A refreshed Panther would give them an awesome all-around look.

Here's the panther that replaced the one on the shirt. Very confusing that they'd use a retired mark

This eye makes me nuts... and something as simple as this, makes it bearable.

Pitt-Panther_zpsdfk9zbml.png

Archived