College Football Uniforms - 2015 Season

buckeye

Seems odd that UNC is getting another uniform redesign after only a couple seasons. Makes me wonder if the current set was so unpopular that people within the AD and football program wanted it changed.

The entire athletic department is going through a visual identity rebrand in 2016, and the football team for whatever reason is jumping the gun a season early. Probably because of what you were thinking.

Source??

Inside Carolina messageboard, I don't have any type of official release to share unfortunately

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a fan of Army's new logo. Granted, a conceptor designed a very similar logo here the other day, but it just seems so generic and bland for a historic school like Army-West Point. A spartan helmet for Army? Cadets? West Point? I don't see it. The Black Knight logo was a good one, in my eyes, but I see the reason to move on from it. The typeface looks great and is very in-line with the history of Army.

Side note, check out the video of the reveal. They have distinguished men and women from the Army, current and past, reciting a Douglas MacArthur quote. And then they throw in Nike's VP/Creative Director to finish off the quote. And this flew all over me. Talk about Nike wanting their mark on EVERY THING. Truly disgusting in my opinion.

I like the logo but do agree that the Spartan helmet is confusing. I posted it in the other thread but it right away reminded me of Michigan State, especially since they use a gold/bronze version of their logo sometimes now.

Helmet, sword and shield have been part of West Point from the beginning so it's not a new logo, more of a redesign. I'm disappointed to see the USMA crest removed from the sleeves but since it will be replaced with unit patches it's a lateral move not a downgrade. I'm guessing last names will return to the right chest. It doesn't seem to me that the football uniform changed that much. The font is different and THE CORPS is no longer on the back bumper. I also like the move over to the Mach Speed template which would probably have happened even without the rebrand.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Apparently Army has rebranded itself as "Army West Point" . They are still the Black Knights according to this tweet

CChX0dHUkAAn4HK.jpg

https://twitter.com/GoArmyWestPoint/status/587816310823718914

In an even funnier twist to this rebrand, apparently they changed their Twitter name to "GoArmyWestPoint" from "ArmyAthletics" ; Some random Navy fan swooped in and took the name and now has "GoNavy" as the twitter display name. Pretty good stuff gotta love rivalries

https://twitter.com/armyathletics/status/587778030736711682

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Newest UNC video with a little clearer look at the uniform. Looks very clean, argyle perhaps on the pants.

Yep, looks like plain helmet, numbers on the sleeves, argyle on the pants. Emphasis on Carolina Blue and white with (hopefully) navy trim. Me gusta mucho.

Newest UNC video with a little clearer look at the uniform. Looks very clean, argyle perhaps on the pants.

Yep, looks like plain helmet, numbers on the sleeves, argyle on the pants. Emphasis on Carolina Blue and white with (hopefully) navy trim. Me gusta mucho.

So UNC is redesigning their uniforms after one year?

So UNC is redesigning their uniforms after one year?

They've had them 2 or 3 years.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

other interesting logos:

pDSP1-19810548dt.jpg

pDSP1-19810563dt.jpg

That logo has been in Pitt 's identity for over 15 years.

I didn't say it was new. Just surprised to see Nike using it like that. Typically they go for the arched PITT logo.

That panther actually did go through some revisions a few years ago.

And speaking of schools that could probably use an identity refresh...

(As long as Nike's not doing it.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Didn't they go to the old Pitt script last year? A refreshed Panther would give them an awesome all-around look.

Yeah, Pitt's AD last October switched from the block-capital arch mark to the old-style cursive mark, and said the change would be permanent for the football team. Kinda surprised we don't see the cursive Pitt on that shirt.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Didn't they go to the old Pitt script last year? A refreshed Panther would give them an awesome all-around look.

Here's the panther that replaced the one on the shirt. Very confusing that they'd use a retired mark

5347_pittsburgh_panthers-alternate-2002.

Archived