Ask A Moderator

Yeah - what's the issue with Photobucket? I often see/hear it scoffed at here, but haven't had an issue with it.

My issue with Photobucket is that most corporate "safe browsing" or websense software blocks it because it's considered a "file sharing" site.

Sucks because when anyone posts an image that's hosted there, nothing at all appears if I'm browsing from work (which I rarely do anymore anyway.)

It's really bad on an architecture and urban development forum I frequent. I think a lot of forums have stopped recommending it as an image host. It's not alone - I'm pretty sure several others are blocked as well.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Yeah - what's the issue with Photobucket? I often see/hear it scoffed at here, but haven't had an issue with it.

• PBs UI is just garbage.
  • PB is comparable to MySpace, and this is in no way a compliment. They constantly try to change but the site simply refuses to admit defeat, getting worse and worse with each revision.
  • PB is annoying as hell about embedding images, often redirecting you to the photobucket page of that image rather than simply the .jpg or .png image itself.

I mean it's not the worst thing in the world, but I personally despise it.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• PBs UI is just garbage.
  • PB is comparable to MySpace, and this is in no way a compliment. They constantly try to change but the site simply refuses to admit defeat, getting worse and worse with each revision.
  • PB is annoying as hell about embedding images, often redirecting you to the photobucket page of that image rather than simply the .jpg or .png image itself.

I mean it's not the worst thing in the world, but I personally despise it.

Thanks for the responses. I haven't had any of those issues, so they're news to me.

It's where I sit.

• 2 weeks later...

My issue with mobile is if there's a multi-page thread and I haven't kept up with it, there's no way for me to just jump to the last page. I have to click "next page" and wait for it to load over and over.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

My issue with mobile is if there's a multi-page thread and I haven't kept up with it, there's no way for me to just jump to the last page. I have to click "next page" and wait for it to load over and over.

Are you able to just change the page number in the address bar at the top? For example if you wanted to jump from your post to page 32:

boards.sportslogos.net/topic/102156-questions-not-covered-in-the-faq-thread/page-59#entry2502804

becomes

boards.sportslogos.net/topic/102156-questions-not-covered-in-the-faq-thread/page-32

It works for me using Chrome on Android.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Within the last couple of days I have been encountering an error where when I enter a thread, either clicking "First unread post" or just any thread in general, the scroll bar is gone and I have just the initial page I'm directed to and I can't scroll up or down within the page. Has anyone else encountered this? (I am using the latest update of google chrome). This happens maybe 1/4th of the time. This started the the 21st I think, even without the latest update of chrome which I got yesterday (the 24th).

The past week or so if I press the 'previous' button or the button on the top of the screen that takes you back to the previous forum section on mobile, it just goes back to the first page of the thread I'm in.

Same here, I'm using chrome mobile. I've always wanted to be able to go to the first/last page of a thread, just not like this.

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

How do you join a fantasy league?

• You have 6 months on the boards or 500 posts under your belt.

• You wait until a league has an opening and opens up an application thread.

• You fill out an application in that thread.

• You wait and see if you're voted in by the existing league members.

Is there a rule starting that signatures must be English only, or require an English translation?

i dont think so but everyone here speaks english and if they dont they just do english translation

If you're Canadian, your signature has to be in both English and French.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The past week or so if I press the 'previous' button or the button on the top of the screen that takes you back to the previous forum section on mobile, it just goes back to the first page of the thread I'm in.

Same here, I'm using chrome mobile. I've always wanted to be able to go to the first/last page of a thread, just not like this.
Did either of you guys figure out how to fix that? It just started happening to me right now.

Did either of you guys figure out how to fix that? It just started happening to me right now.
Nope, still having the same issue.

spacer.png

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.