Ask A Moderator

The photo editor isn't working right now :(

Until it's fixed, you can use the Import photo from URL function instead.

--

Also, I'm getting the "you do not have permission to use this feature" error message when I try to mark my notifications as read.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

The photo editor isn't working right now :(

Until it's fixed, you can use the Import photo from URL function instead.

--

Also, I'm getting the "you do not have permission to use this feature" error message when I try to mark my notifications as read.

I had/have that problem. I just went through and deleted them all.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Is there anything involved with adding a member as your friend, or is it just kind of there?

Nope. Just click the "Add me as a friend" button on a member's profile. That's all there is to it.

I think he's asking if there is any purpose to adding people as friends.... I don't believe there is one, just easy access to people you like/follow.

Is there anything involved with adding a member as your friend, or is it just kind of there?

Nope. Just click the "Add me as a friend" button on a member's profile. That's all there is to it.

I think he's asking if there is any purpose to adding people as friends.... I don't believe there is one, just easy access to people you like/follow.

Ok thx. Yeah that was what I was asking, sorry about the confusing wording wildwing64.

spacer.png

Has anyone ever asked why the original name of the site was "Chris Creamer's SportsLogos.Net" and not just "SportsLogos.Net"?

Was Chris just trying to make a name for himself on the internet when he created the site? Or was he just trying to separate his site from any other sports logos sites that may have existed back then? (I doubt this very much though because I'm sure there weren't ANY other sports logos websites at the time. I mean, even after the success of SportsLogos.Net there STILL aren't any competing sites with a similar theme. I mean, there's Uni-Watch, but that's a blog about sports uniforms, not a logo database.)

I laud your efforts to rebrand the site as just "SportsLogos.Net" without the Chris Creamer name in front because most people would ask "Who the heck is Chris Creamer?" when reading the name. I have always thought of the creator's name being a part of the name of the site as really amateurish and unprofessional so I'm glad it's being used somewhat less. (Although it glaringly still appears in website headings and in the forum logo.) I mean, a website that can be viewed by millions of people internationally isn't the local pub downtown, so the owner's name out front, especially when that owner isn't famous, makes the whole venture seem really smalltime.

So let me just ask the question that is on everyone's mind reading this: Chris... are you an egomaniac?

Has anyone ever asked why the original name of the site was "Chris Creamer's SportsLogos.Net" and not just "SportsLogos.Net"?

Was Chris just trying to make a name for himself on the internet when he created the site? Or was he just trying to separate his site from any other sports logos sites that may have existed back then? (I doubt this very much though because I'm sure there weren't ANY other sports logos websites at the time. I mean, even after the success of SportsLogos.Net there STILL aren't any competing sites with a similar theme. I mean, there's Uni-Watch, but that's a blog about sports uniforms, not a logo database.)

I laud your efforts to rebrand the site as just "SportsLogos.Net" without the Chris Creamer name in front because most people would ask "Who the heck is Chris Creamer?" when reading the name. I have always thought of the creator's name being a part of the name of the site as really amateurish and unprofessional so I'm glad it's being used somewhat less. (Although it glaringly still appears in website headings and in the forum logo.) I mean, a website that can be viewed by millions of people internationally isn't the local pub downtown, so the owner's name out front, especially when that owner isn't famous, makes the whole venture seem really smalltime.

So let me just ask the question that is on everyone's mind reading this: Chris... are you an egomaniac?

No, he is just simply advancing the interests of the white male cisgendered patriarchy.

• Like 2
On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Rude question. All of this is possible because of Chris. A lot of companies and whatnot are named after the founders name so why would you want to take that away from Chris? It was named with his name because it was his site obviously and everyone here knows who Chris Creamer is. So what if people don't know who he is? Those people likely know jack about logos anyway. I don't think that you put much thought into your conclusion of name inclusion being amateur. This is by far the most professionally done site of its kind so there is nothing to compare your views of it being amateur. Try to think of all the companies that include names in them, I guarantee you will find plenty professional ones.

It's not chriscreamerssportslogos.net, it's Chris Creamer's SportsLogos.net. It's his baby and he's obviously dedicated a great portion of his life to this endeavor, and I don't think a single person until now has ever said "Who does this guy think he is?!"

• Like 1
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

This site started as chriscreamer.com, so you've got your facts wrong, FP. His name WAS the brand for several years until he and another member here who owned sportslogos.net made a deal. It let Chris get his identity back and made use of an otherwise "parked" domain. At least that's how I remember it. The boards bounced around much more before landing here long-term.

I think you skipped a few steps on your "Jump to Conclusions" mat. Egomaniac? No one should be thinking that based on the name of the site. I don't know him personally, so maybe he pops bottles with models and Drake in T-dot VIPs and yells, "I'm Chris Creamer, $!#%@$!" every night... but I kinda doubt it. That kind of stuff ends up on Deadspin. :)

Not really a question, but I don't know where else to ask this. Shouldn't the signature and avatar threads be moved to the Requests sub-forum. They are really taking away from all the actual concepts and taking up unnecessary space in the sub-forum. I've had to block multiple people's signatures just due to how many images they have in them (like honestly, is it really necessary) and that one thread of the LED sign signatures just gives people the ability to slow people's computer's down (maybe not everyone, but those who have crappy computers like moi). Moving them to the Request sub-forum sends traffic to the barely visited sub-forum and it seems much more fitting since you are requesting a signature/avatar. I don't even get why people ask for those anyway. One of the things about these forums is to establish yourself as an individual, so create your own avatars and signatures. You get much more respect as an artist that way.

• Like 1

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

^ I agree, it should be in some other section.

Most of the work is good but when you get 10 bumps of just requests, it gets annoying.

Or possibly just message the person taking the requests?

Anyone know why I cannot mark my notifications as read? My alerts are mostly just posts which others have liked and I cannot clear them. The message I get is:

"Oops! Something went wrong!

Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available."

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.