2015 MLB Season Thread with Postseason Discussion

Gary

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Down 0-2 in the series, down 0-2 in the game -- what a win!

I can't believe it, but the Jays are in the final four! One more win and you're playing for it all!

!!!!!!!

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I just saw the highlights from this game.

1. Once the ump calls it dead, everyone should stop. It's a safety issue if one guy is charging the plate and the catcher isn't ready because it's a dead ball. It stinks, but that should be the end of the play, and replay shouldn't be allowed to reverse it.

I feel the same way about the whistle in football. Once the whistle blows, if you keep going you should be flagged. The whole fumble rule where you have to continue to go after the ball and fight for it even if the whistle blows because the runner was thought to be down is terrible.

I don't see how the umpires or anyone could have the power to award a run in that situation. That's just terrible, and even worse than the original blown call.

2. Wow Rangers. Talk about not being ready for pressure - three straight errors? I didn't see when they took out Hamels, but if there's anyone that can keep his composure after that and still battle, it's him. Unless he was walking guys and giving up hard hits, there's no reason in the American League to remove him from the game. I've thought for years he'd be a perennial Cy Young candidate in the AL because in the NL he always has to be pulled for a PH with a 1-0 lead or trailing 1-0.

3. I love the home run bat toss. It was like dropping the mic. Baseball needs more of that instead of everyone being so concerned about "the right way" to do things. It wouldn't bother me if he did the Jackie Fargo strut while crossing the plate either.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3. I love the home run bat toss. It was like dropping the mic. Baseball needs more of that instead of everyone being so concerned about "the right way" to do things. It wouldn't bother me if he did the Jackie Fargo strut while crossing the plate either.

On a flamboyance scale of 1 to 10, 1 being Brian McCann and 10 being Vince McMahon, I'm about an 8: a game as human as baseball needs human emotions, but it shouldn't be allowed to get out of hand like some big choreographed touchdown dance. That being said, Bautista hitting that home run after all the crap that went down? He could flip the bat, do the strut, and then do a big DX crotch chop with synchronized pyrotechnics right in front of the Rangers' dugout for all I care. What monumental comeuppance that home run was.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1. Once the ump calls it dead, everyone should stop. It's a safety issue if one guy is charging the plate and the catcher isn't ready because it's a dead ball. It stinks, but that should be the end of the play, and replay shouldn't be allowed to reverse it.

Catcher can't be in the base path or block the plate unless the ball's on its way home or he has the ball in his glove.

That crowd reaction to the bomb was amazing. The cameras were shaking so badly they couldn't get a still shot. It looked like footage from the 89 world series.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

So... I still can't believe it. The Cubs beat the Cardinals to advance in the postseason.

My cynicism is starting to wear off. This team is fun and I've enjoyed it, but that wall I have built up over the decades is getting pretty thin.

And it was only by chance, but I'm glad I was listening on the radio in the car to hear the call when they got the final out.

Local announcers trump the national ones every day of the week in moments like this. Thank you Pat Hughes, Ron Coomer and special guest Len Kasper. Glad I heard you live.

I am so with you on that. Sometimes I mute the tv and put on the radio. I was driving from Niagara Falls to Philly during the Phillies combined no-hitter last year and it was awesome to listen to.

Catcher can't be in the base path or block the plate unless the ball's on its way home or he has the ball in his glove.

But it was called a dead ball. He could be standing in the base path picking his nose and it shouldn't matter.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I missed that entire game and had to rely on my buddies' reactions in a group chat.

BUT THE BLUE JAYS WON THAT GODDAMN GAME. HOLY CRAP. This has been an insane season and I'm looking forward to a fun series with the Royals (if they can hold this lead). Remember the last series against the Royals? Yeah.

EDIT: 7-2 Royals. Damn.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Archived