NFL Changes 2015

Gothamite

That'll look good for Pittsburgh and maybe Green Bay. I'm not feeling it for Dallas (and presumably the rest of the NFL) though.

I think it would look more out of place, like they ran out of field paint and had to finish with a different color. Those teams use yellow-gold, not gold-gold. It would "look good" for the Saints, 49ers and Rams, but that's not the intention. They want it to stand out.

And this whole thing is stupid. It's the 50th Super Bowl, not the 50th year of the league. So gold 50's would be fine if that's all they did. But making the logo gold it going over the top. If it was the league's 50th, go all Liberace. But for just the 50th championship game played in the current format, no. Subtlety is key here.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I only one that absolutely LOVES when football games are played on the baseball diamond? I hope the Raiders never change that

I love it too.

I remember starting a franchise with the Raiders or Dolphins in Madden when I was a kid just to get to play on the baseball field in September.

Am I only one that absolutely LOVES when football games are played on the baseball diamond? I hope the Raiders never change that

If they move to LA that will go away. But I agree. It's something I miss from when teams shared facilities. I'm pretty sure the players don't miss it though.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I absolutely love everything about how the new Dolphins throwbacks look in the modern cut. They absolutely nailed it.

I got on to NFLshop.com to grab one, but I don't like the retail cut nearly as much. (I'll still probably buy it)

vImFBFU.jpg

It's the elephant in the room of the NFL retail jersey business at the moment. The Dolphins got away with it with their current unis because they went without a sleeve stripe.

Do we need to totally change how retail jerseys are cut? Do we need to offer an inbetween option that simulates an in game style capped sleeve?

The biggest thing at this point is the sleeve length more than the cut. I mean, I don't expect them to make replicas with cap sleeves. However, they can make replicas with sleeves which don't go down to the elbows. Nike was supposed to give a more "athletic" cut on the replicas, but the current replicas have sleeves as long as Reebok's. I think the long, tight sleeves look worse than long, baggy ones. I think they could easily make all replicas' sleeves stop mid-bicep without hurting the graphics or making it too "official" and not a shirt someone would wear whenever.

Being a long, skinny guy myself, I opted for a kids jerseey because it almost fits like a t shirt (and I found it much cheaper). But yeah I too, wish they adjusted the cuts a little more for the replica jerseys. Although the materials Nike used now are a lot less flimsy feeling/looking, I appreciate that.

Two questions:

1. Will CHI ever return to black shoes?

2. Will WSH ever return to the white jerseys, burgundy pants, and white socks look?

1. It's always a possibility.

2. Doubt it. I have zero optimism when it comes to the Redskins.

Intrigued to see if the gold and black shield makes its way to the Giants/Jets and Panthers midfield logos

I was at MetLife for the Jets green and white game last week, and unless anything changes, the normal NFL shield at midfield and the 50's were White.

White over burgundy at home was the classic WSH look that I grew up with. I'm still a little startled seeing them in dark at home, even though they've been doing it for a long time now. I hate their white pants and hope they never see the light of day again. The yellow is fine for both white and dark jersey, but the burgundy should really brought back (as long as they don't wear it with the burgundy jersey.)

Whatever they do, they need to standardize their stripes and either modify the yellow pants or the burgundy. What would be even better would be to change the colors slightly to match the throwbacks, and re-do the whole uniform except the helmet (unless the name changes.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived