NFL Changes 2015

Gothamite

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not standardized because some alts are throwbacks, which normally means a different design altogether, not just a color swap

The NFL allows for two types of alternates. Throwbacks and straight colour swaps.

Not standardized because some alts are throwbacks, which normally means a different design altogether, not just a color swap

The NFL allows for two types of alternates. Throwbacks and straight colour swaps.

i'd say this is the stupidest uniform thing the nfl has, buuutt

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

the only black that the 49ers should have is on their shoes

And I don't even think they should wear black shoes. Those 1980's Niners that inspired the current look wore white shoes.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Here is my solution to tone down the black a bit

Boom. Thats all the black they need.

Nice.

Though I'd argue they don't even need that black. It can either be removed or replaced with white (maybe white flush to the red)?

But point taken.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Those jerseys were pretty bad....

The 49ers easily could make a black jersey work but that was not it.

I don't think they could make black work at all. This is the problem we've seen with countless colleges which thought they could add a random black alternate. The 49ers colors are red, gold and white. Black is not a team color, outside of the outline on the logo (which should be thinner, anyway). Black is no more one of their colors than orange and royal blue are Blackhawks colors.

The problem with black jerseys is that, to make the slightest effort to actually represent what the team looks like while bastardizing their look with black, you have to put the numbers in the primary color. And red, even the cherry red the Niners use, doesn't show up against black. It would have helped to add a gold outline, but that's also going against what the 49ers do on the other jerseys. If you go with gold numbers: 1) you aren't using the team's actual primary color on anything but a few half-stripes; and 2) you're aping the Saints. If you go with white numbers, you're not using the primary OR secondary colors and you've got a jersey that looks generic as hell.

There is no balance to make a black 49ers jersey work while featuring the team's actual, recognizable colors and not stealing the look of another team.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Those jerseys were pretty bad....

The 49ers easily could make a black jersey work but that was not it.

The 49ers colors are red, gold and white. Black is not a team color, outside of the outline on the logo (which should be thinner, anyway). Black is no more one of their colors than orange and royal blue are Blackhawks colors.

This is exactly what makes me hate Nike so much. They took a trim color on a uniform, which isn't even listed as one of the team's colors, and made a horrid wreck of a uniform out of it. Using this logic, how long will it be before:

...the Steelers start wearing gray, blue, or red jerseys (which are in their logo)?

...the Redskins break out a BFBS uniform, since black is in their logo?

...the Ravens break out an alt RED jersey (since the eyes are bloodshot in their logo)?

...the Jaguars break out gold or teal uniforms (hey, that would actually be an improvement)?

...the Chiefs go BFBS, using the same logic as the 49ers?

...the Titans find a way to shoehorn in red in their jerseys or pants?

...the Ravens break out an alt RED jersey (since the eyes are bloodshot in their logo)?

Here you go!

Joe_Flacco.jpg

Just kidding . . . practice jersey.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

One of the 49ers fans in my office says the black uniforms were probably inspired by Kaepernick's practice jersey so you may not be as far off as you think.

Jim-Harbaugh-and-Colin-Kaepernick.jpg

It looks much better with gold pants. At least then the helmet isn't so jarringly different.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Here you go!

Joe_Flacco.jpg

Just kidding . . . practice jersey.

That's a sharp look. Practice jersey or not.

I agree. it would make a really nice Maryland jersey.

Definitely beats the new/current QB practice jersey. Talk about illegible numbers . . .

081915_flacco-600.jpg

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived