NFL Changes 2015

Gothamite

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the black might have looked better with gold pants, but it was a pretty terrible look.

Yeah but with a black helmet and an extra white stripe added on the pants, they would look better like this, but the NFL doesn't allow a second helmet anymore......

Gl4HE07.png

Yeah but then the name 49ers is meaningless without gold. Were they coal miners?

Worst uniform of Week 1 goes to the 49ers.

Worst of the season.

Numbers were tough to read at times and I noticed even the play-by-play commentator struggled when a rookie made a play for the Niners...took a few seconds to identify him. Aside from that issue, they simply just looked horrible. It looked like they were wearing the uniform of one team, and the helmet of another; they did not look like they went togather as a set at all.

hi-res-9b128dec638ef31065dfdb01be2c72e0_

hi-res-6da7356f45b61769d7ec33781e2f528e_

488259956-vernon-davis-of-the-san-franci

vikings-49ers-football.jpg

3000.jpg?w=620&q=85&auto=format&sharp=10

My gosh, those numbers are even more unreadable than the Browns'. By a mile. That's bad.

And as big as mistakes the Browns have with their new set, they've at least stuck to their color scheme. The 49ers have alternate black uniforms (found only on the oval outline) with (darkish) red letters because money and because coolz.

All I could think during the 9ers game was that the NFL had one of those Hong Kong bootleg companies make their jerseys... every team has fans wearing "blackout" bootleg versions of their regular uniforms... part of me actually wonders if the NFL & Nike allow these bootleg companies to test the waters with crazy, over-the-top products as a small market test before introducing them to the mainstream. Of course, I assume these bootleg companies aren't paying great wages to their workers, so its win-win for Nike to technically not be a part of these companies doing their market research for them.

According to the Dolphins' owner, his team wears green:

“It was unbelievable,” Ross said, via Mark Maske of the Washington Post. “Wasn’t it amazing? I mean, you felt it was almost a home game. At least on our side of the ball, it was great seeing all the green there. We’ve got another away game next week. So we’ve got some challenges.”

:oops:

And as big as mistakes the Browns have with their new set, they've at least stuck to their color scheme. The 49ers have alternate black uniforms (found only on the oval outline) with (darkish) red letters because money and because coolz.

Reminds me of another uniform actually.

tumblr_mlaknq4ash1qgvzl4o1_500.jpg

87Redskins.png

I think the black might have looked better with gold pants, but it was a pretty terrible look.

Yeah but with a black helmet and an extra white stripe added on the pants, they would look better like this, but the NFL doesn't allow a second helmet anymore......

Gl4HE07.png

Yeah but then the name 49ers is meaningless without gold. Were they coal miners?

Worst uniform of Week 1 goes to the 49ers.

Worst of the season.

Numbers were tough to read at times and I noticed even the play-by-play commentator struggled when a rookie made a play for the Niners...took a few seconds to identify him. Aside from that issue, they simply just looked horrible. It looked like they were wearing the uniform of one team, and the helmet of another; they did not look like they went togather as a set at all.

hi-res-9b128dec638ef31065dfdb01be2c72e0_

hi-res-6da7356f45b61769d7ec33781e2f528e_

488259956-vernon-davis-of-the-san-franci

vikings-49ers-football.jpg

3000.jpg?w=620&q=85&auto=format&sharp=10

The 49ers cheerleaders looked better in all-black than the team did.

The dominatrix look will never go out of style. The bank robber look that the players wore, however...

CO6vVHcUYAASjV9.jpg

Why does number 26 have black socks when the rest of the team had red?

All I could think during the 9ers game was that the NFL had one of those Hong Kong bootleg companies make their jerseys... every team has fans wearing "blackout" bootleg versions of their regular uniforms... part of me actually wonders if the NFL & Nike allow these bootleg companies to test the waters with crazy, over-the-top products as a small market test before introducing them to the mainstream. Of course, I assume these bootleg companies aren't paying great wages to their workers, so its win-win for Nike to technically not be a part of these companies doing their market research for them.

That's a great point. As a Lions fan, I've seen an updated version of Detroit's 2005-2008 (even though it wasn't worn during 2008) black alternate jerseys all throughout Ford Field for the past 6 years. Obviously, these ones are knock offs but they do carry the same style that the Lions have used since 2009. The Lions ruined their look in 2003 when they added that awful black outline. According to a few reports they're bringing back the BFBS jersey back for 2016.

I just noticed something about the 49ers that makes these even worse - the gold swoosh. Everything else is red on black and then, as if Nike is admitting the names and numbers aren't legible, but they still choose to make their swoosh the only easily visible thing on the entire uniform.

Oh it's okay if you can't really see the names and numbers, but our swoosh absolutely needs to stand out. The swoosh is the most important element on the uniform. Get lost, Nike, and shame on the 49ers for willingly accepting such nonsense.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived