Rite of Spring '15: exhume our idols! bury our friends!

The_Admiral

I remember thinking the Ducks 07 win should have been a bigger deal. It was California's first cup and the resulting celebrations all seemed pretty low key to my eyes. Somebody penned an article about it shortly after but it has vanished from the internet

I know right? I didn't see anyone celebrating the Ducks win where I live. We as people should really be more gratified for other sports teams successes.

I was talking about the celebrations in California.

Anaheim as a hockey market is largely overshadowed by Los Angeles and the Bay Area in California. Plus hockey markets in California were much weaker back then than they are now.

Plus, the more sensible of people and reporters probably didn't care much about the 'California's first cup' narrative just like the more sensible people don't really care about the Canadian team cup drought.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nobody ever picks a team to win in a sweep because it's not a safe bet. Even the best teams still manage to drop at least one game. It's hockey, it's the most inherently paritous sport. That's why they play seven instead of just one.

If you're a Ducks fan that's a silly thing to be fired up about.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Nobody ever picks a team to win in a sweep because it's not a safe bet. Even the best teams still manage to drop at least one game. It's hockey, it's the most inherently paritous sport. That's why they play seven instead of just one.

If you're a Ducks fan that's a silly thing to be fired up about.

And now the exaggeration/sarcasm is being taken as fact. (The Internet, amirite?)

I know I picked 5. I can't speak for HFBoards because, well, HFBoards.

---

But anyway, hey, how about that Tyler Johnson kid? Isn't he swell? Oh boy gosh.

Some greasy goals being put through in this one.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

With the Canada Cup drought of 20+ years and counting, it's ironic for today is the anniversary of the start of an American Cup drought.

31 years ago today, Edmonton dethroned the Islanders in a passing of the dynasty torch.

Edmonton won 5 of the next 7 Cups- the two years they did not win? Calgary/Montreal split a pair of all-Canadian Cup Finals.

Hell, from 1982-1994, Canadian teams made all but 2 Cup Finals.

And the year after Montreal won it all, Vancouver came so close to doing so- then came the decade of Woe Canada in terms of getting to the Cup Finals.

Really there are a lot years where I'm happier that no Canadian team made the finals after Ottawa were eliminated. Can we stop talking about these 'narratives'?

Also, I hate both of the teams in the west and hope they both lose. I don't have a preference out of the east, but I sort of want one of them to win the cup.

HEY LET'S START A GAME AT 8:30 PM CT BECAUSE IT'S NOT LIKE THE BLACKHAWKS EVER GO TO OVERTIME AND IT'S NOT LIKE PEOPLE WORK IN THE MORNING ANYWAY AND IT'S NOT LIKE KIDS HAVE TO GO TO SCHOOL AND IT'S NOT LIKE THEY'RE A MAJOR HOCKEY MARKET AND IT'S NOT LIKE WE HAVE SOULS

TO57d9Q.gif

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Just switched over from the Warriors game 1 win and said to myself, "Let's see if the Blackhawks/Ducks game is in OT yet." Okay, so I really didn't say that but I thought it. Sure enough, headed to OT...

Why is everybody here jumping on the ranger bandwagon ? Is there no blackhawks and Tampa fans here on ccsl ?

Really don't have a horse in the race. I want to see former Sharks do well, so a blackhawks-Rangers final I'd be happy for them. I'm not so sure NBC/Comcast would appreciate a Ducks-Lightning matchup, but I wouldn't be opposed to it.

HEY LET'S START A GAME AT 8:30 PM CT BECAUSE IT'S NOT LIKE THE BLACKHAWKS EVER GO TO OVERTIME AND IT'S NOT LIKE PEOPLE WORK IN THE MORNING ANYWAY AND IT'S NOT LIKE KIDS HAVE TO GO TO SCHOOL AND IT'S NOT LIKE THEY'RE A MAJOR HOCKEY MARKET AND IT'S NOT LIKE WE HAVE SOULS

TO57d9Q.gif

I find it to be an acceptable time.

Sidebar: IM DYYYYYYYYINNNNNNNNNNGG

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Chicago Hockey Market >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> California Hockey Market. NHL's been scheduling the Blackhawks at 8:30 ct puck drops for the entire playoffs. It's tiresome, literally.

edit for clarification: Chicago/Midwest has a higher viewership and potential fan base than the west coast. Starting games at times that discriminate against basically all kids and most adults for a team that's shown an incredibly obvious penchant for overtime is stupid.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived