NHL Anti-Thread: Bad Business Decision Aggregator

The_Admiral

"Staffing and employment services firm Jobing.com inked a naming rights deal with the Coyotes back in 2007. The deal was worth previously estimated as worth $3 million per year over 10 years but a Coyotes official today said the Jobing deal was worth $1 million annually."

It'll always be the Jobberdome.

it should be up for renovation or just turn it into a parking lot. :upside:

Regardless of the name, it'll always be known as the place where the Coyotes skate on the frozen blood of the non believers.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The league needs to balance out the two conferences and I see it happening like this:

- Panthers will relocate to Seattle taking Coyotes spot in Pacific Division and drops one team from the Atlantic Division.

- Coyotes will relocate to Vegas (Yet another dumb move on the NHL's part) and stay in the west and moves to Central Division upon relocation to Vegas giving them 8 teams

NHL will then add 2 more teams via expansion to go up to 32 (again another dumb decision by the NHL as they will go to another market that does not give 2 cents about hockey). They will expand to Quebec City to get as much money out of them as possible as expansion fee will be higher than relocation fee and expand to one other market in the western US. The Quebec team will go to the Atlantic Division and the western US team will go to the Central and Vegas would then move back to the Pacific.

This of course is just a theory. Personally I only like 2 locations in this situation and want the league to be kept at 30, but since this is money driven that will not happen... Oh and lets not forget we have Bettman running the show so all logic goes out the window.

The league needs to balance out the two conferences and I see it happening like this:

- Panthers will relocate to Seattle taking Coyotes spot in Pacific Division and drops one team from the Atlantic Division.

- Coyotes will relocate to Vegas (Yet another dumb move on the NHL's part) and stay in the west and moves to Central Division upon relocation to Vegas giving them 8 teams

NHL will then add 2 more teams via expansion to go up to 32 (again another dumb decision by the NHL as they will go to another market that does not give 2 cents about hockey). They will expand to Quebec City to get as much money out of them as possible as expansion fee will be higher than relocation fee and expand to one other market in the western US. The Quebec team will go to the Atlantic Division and the western US team will go to the Central and Vegas would then move back to the Pacific.

This of course is just a theory. Personally I only like 2 locations in this situation and want the league to be kept at 30, but since this is money driven that will not happen... Oh and lets not forget we have Bettman running the show so all logic goes out the window.

The NHL will be better off as 32 teams. Did anyone object to the Browns/Texans expansion? (The Browns one seemed obvious since they were jacked)

Also, the word "Bettman" and "logic" should never be used in the same sentence.

The NHL will be better off as 32 teams. Did anyone object to the Browns/Texans expansion? (The Browns one seemed obvious since they were jacked)

Well the NFL is somewhat diluted in terms of talent. There's 32 teams and like 12 of them have a good quarterback. How often do we see games like that 9-6 Lions-Rams game from a few years ago? Every week it feels like there's a game between two awful teams and it's terrible sloppy football.

The NHL has a few struggling markets already. Adding two more would not be wise. Let's try to get 30 healthy locations before we go jumping into two new ones.*

*as a new Seattle resident I would love for an NHL team to move here though.

PvO6ZWJ.png

NHL will expand to 32 teams in the next coming years. The twos teams recieving teams will be Seattle and Quebec City. Both cities have arenas to play in and blatant rivalries. Seattle will start in the Pacific Division. Quebec City will start in the Atlantic Division, Detroit will move to the Central.

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

I disagree with your statement about the NFL being diluted. 12 good QBs? Not by a long shot. In fact, I could easily think of 4-5 backup QBs that could easily serve as starting QBs if given the chance. The NFL is the most balanced league based on talent out of the big 4 easily.

QBs is a bad position to make that certain kind of point. With the new rules and pass happy offenses, there are many good QBs. A better position would be RBs or CBs. There aren't that many good ones. But overall, the talent pool isn't good enough for 32 teams even in the NFL.

NHL will expand to 32 teams in the next coming years. The twos teams recieving teams will be Seattle and Quebec City. Both cities have arenas to play in and blatant rivalries. Seattle will start in the Pacific Division. Quebec City will start in the Atlantic Division, Detroit will move to the Central.

The NHL will not move Detroit back to the western conference. Imagine the uproar. It would be worse than it was before realignment.

The NHL shouldn't expand by two teams, but it will. It's the NHL. It's what it does.

As much as I would like expansion, it's not gonna happen when Bettman stops being pals with everyone in Glendale.

(Once they run out.)

Edited by Ice_Cap
removed inappropriate comment