• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These are close to perfect. A few changes:

Swap the stupid volt out for yellow

Different number font

Different wordmark font

"Hawks" on home jersey

Either have the triangle pattern on the entire shorts or leave it off the jersey

Add sleeve and collar trim, lose the WNBA collar

Never mismatch the shorts and jerseys

Lose the belt logo which is both horrible and gigantic

So, outside of a handful of really drastic blunders which make these awful, they're really good.

(**)(*.5)(*) (*) (*)

OldRomanSig2.jpg

This is the future.

So the Hawks managed to pay tribute to the Pac-Man era, lime green era, the Omni era, gradient era, ATL era and the Atlanta Thrashers all in one uniform. Genius!

Despite calling the volt green, they look like the Hawks again. Good enough for me.

As for using Nike's volt and Wolf Gray ... didn't the Hornets say their unis were done by Jordan? And of course that small shop in Brooklyn designed the Bucks. No conspiracy theories necessary... NBA teams can work with whoever they want.

I really like these jerseys, except for the ugly and horrible volt colour. That volt and red combination seriously makes me feel like throwing up, that's how much I hate that combination. Had that been yellow instead, these jerseys would be amazing.

Volt looks best as an accent to dark colors. Black and Navy the best. I think having the numbers in volt instead of just outlining them in it like the wordmark on every jersey is overkill and doesn't look good.

Agreed. Wish they'd gone with an outline. Rough job, but would have liked this better:

FOaqv6K.pngESehRJI.pngVoD9uPx.png

PJU85JF.png

These are close to perfect. A few changes:

Swap the stupid volt out for yellow

Different number font

Different wordmark font

"Hawks" on home jersey

Either have the triangle pattern on the entire shorts or leave it off the jersey

Add sleeve and collar trim, lose the WNBA collar

Never mismatch the shorts and jerseys

Lose the belt logo which is both horrible and gigantic

So, outside of a handful of really drastic blunders which make these awful, they're really good.

(**)(*.5)(*) (*) (*)

So in other words, you hate them. Good input.

Overall I really, really like these, which as many others have said is kind of surprising considering the individual parts. It's modern, edgy, well thought-out, and just works really well together. I actually like the "Atlanta" on the home uniform, as "Hawks" runs down the shorts, and I don't mind the "A" in the "ATL" wordmark either. There are just a few small things I would change:

- Black numbers with volt outlines on the white jersey. The volt numbers just don't look that great, and the set NEEDS some black somewhere.

- Switch the number fill and outlines on the black and red jerseys. Again, the volt numbers are too much.

- Flip the wordmarks on the red and black jerseys and make the red uniform the road look. I just can't get behind black as the primary road look. Though if they go with the mix-and-match, we'll see a lot of different road looks throughout the season.

So to be clear, that color is granite grey, not black. Got it.

Overall, I really like this and I can't make sense of why. By CCSLC standards this just shouldn't work, but it really does. They nailed it. Can't believe the Clippers couldn't even do simple as well as Atlanta did bat:censored: crazy. I still love them though.

I really like these jerseys, except for the ugly and horrible volt colour. That volt and red combination seriously makes me feel like throwing up, that's how much I hate that combination. Had that been yellow instead, these jerseys would be amazing.

Volt looks best as an accent to dark colors. Black and Navy the best. I think having the numbers in volt instead of just outlining them in it like the wordmark on every jersey is overkill and doesn't look good.

Agreed. Wish they'd gone with an outline. Rough job, but would have liked this better:

FOaqv6K.pngESehRJI.pngVoD9uPx.png

Sorry if it's already been mentioned but the "A" in the ATL is horrible. Really ruins it. Rivals the Buccaneers' number font.

I shouldn't like these, but I do. I'd like them a bit better if they used a traditional athletic gold, but as is I think they are fantastic looking jerseys. So glad they dropped the blue.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

i hope they would incorporate the triangles into the court like Charlotte with the honeycombs

What will really be interesting to see is how Volt looks on an NBA court and just how much Volt they use.

After getting denied for a UCF-style black wood court over glare concerns, I think they'll look to the triangle pattern and Volt & Granite colors to make their court stand out.

NYCdog.png

I didn't read this entire thread, but the volt green pacman logo reminded me of the old "Mr. Yuk" poison control stickers of the 70's. I am sure someone has already mentioned it, and there is probably a link to it, but if one is needed, let me know and I'll add one.

I think the green color is even close to the Mr. Yuk green.

As for the uniforms, not terrible. I don't like the green, as I see this as another attempt at trying to introduce a "hip" color unnecessarily. Kind of like teal was the big thing in the 90's for expansion teams. Anyway, neon volt green isn't working for me.

Other than that, I like most of the uniforms... The triangle pattern is a nice touch on the fabric, even though I can wait for the bogus backstory behind it.

The font they chose for Atlanta and Atl I can live with, and I can also live with the number font.

And the colors mostly work. I have NEVER been a fan of red and yellow as the main colors in a sports logo, because they look like McDonaldland uniforms. I wish they would have made the red deeper and stronger (like Ox blood), used the slate grey, and white. And see what that came up with. No (re)volt(ing) green. Or instead of white, maybe a cream white. But there is a lot more to like than dislike here, so I give it a 6 out of 10. Ox-blood Red, Cream, and Slate Grey. That is a good pallet to work with.

One of these days, I am going to get proficient at one of these photoshop apps and recolor these the way I see them in my head. Describing them doesn't do my concepts justice.

Oh, one more item. Please don't mix and match the unis. Look, I loved the 1979 Pirates as much as anybody, but they were hideously dressed most nights. Only when they wore all black or all yellow were they tolerable. Forget about that gold pinstripe set period, but if you HAVE to wear it, match shirts and pants! So Atl, go with red on red, white on white, and grey on grey.

The green had got to go. But it will eventually. Mr. Yuk, I mean Mr. Duk, I mean Mr. Hawk.

Archived