NHL 15-16: wife-beaters, adulterers, cokeheads, rapists, pill-poppers, AND METHODISTS

The_Admiral

Trying to start a fight with Teuvo Teravainen? The Jackets can't even be sore losers correctly.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

YES PLEASE DO THIS ANAHEIM IT IS A VERY SMART THING BETTER CALL UP BRIAN MCGRATTAN FROM SAN DIEGO IN ADVANCE GO GO GO

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

GUESS WHO WON A GAME

:D

AND SCORED MORE THAN 1 GOAL!

Might not remain that way for long: TSN reckons that Boudreau's job is on the line and they might be looking at re-hiring Carlyle

I would like to get Ducks fans' thoughts on this (I can't tell if Sodboy is being sarcastic). I for one think that it's kind of silly to fire a coach that has taken you from middle-of-the-road to a perennial Stanley Cup contender, but I also haven't been paying much attention to the Ducks this year.

spacer.png

Yeah, because Getzlaf and Perry loved Carlyle the first time around.

No. Firing Boudreau for Carlyle would be one of the single most idiotic administration moves the franchise has ever done.

They won. They scored goals. Forwards scored goals. Let's judge from here going forward. (Forward into a all-Central-Division-minus-Winnipeg road trip. This will be a strong test to see where this group actually is.)

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

Some meaningless rambles...

Is it too soon for the Penguins to start worrying about Crosby's pointless so far? Kessel not getting going much either? I'd say it's probably soon enough to start thinking about when it'll be too soon... maybe another 3-4x games.

As for too soon, 15 of the 16 playoff seeded teams at American Thanksgiving made the playoffs last season. The lone one out of course being the Leafs. Yet when it comes to too soon, apparently, November probably isn't too soon enough.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

GUESS WHO WON A GAME AND SCORED MORE THAN 1 GOAL!

That was the stupidest game I have ever seen in my life... They Wild out played, out chanced, and out shot the Ducks... Anton Khuodobin (I think that's right...) probably had the game of his life. The Wild also played a full game, they didn't take a period or two off, but nothing went in.

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

The Ducks need Carlyle. The common link in all these Ducks Game 7 losses was a seemingly complete lack of preparation. There's simply no excuse for the giving us the exact same putrid performance year after year. Absolutely nothing has changed. Boudreau's motivational speeches are the same from his days in Washington. Starting John Gibson in a Game 7 was a travesty. The team really hasn't improved at all in the past 3 years - yes, they made the WCF but remember they only had to beat a middling Flames team, and a team from something called "Winnipeg" in order to get there. Carlyle got a bad rep because the vicious Toronto media enjoyed ripping him apart; getting him back home in Anaheim would be a perfect, comfy fit.

The team needs discipline. They need Randy Carlyle.

The Toronto media ripped Randy Carlyle apart.

I don't think you've read anything from the Toronto media, like, ever.

The Carlyle Ducks teams were disciplined? I seem to remember plenty of penalties and meltdowns with old surly face behind the bench.

Do you not remember the end of Carlyle's tenure with the Ducks? Why he was fired? Because his motivational speeches were the same, and didm't work, and the team was beat down, and they were just so damn tired of playing for him. You don't remember the putrid performances from Carlyle?

Do you not remember the disaster against the Stars the year after the Cup? Losing in Detroit in Game 7? Missing the playoffs? The debacle against the Predators? The awful start in 2011 that got him canned?

The Ducks are averaging more goals scored per season under Boudreau than Carlyle. (239.8 under Carlyle / 251 under Boudreau) The Ducks are averaging less goals against under Boudreau than Carlyle (225.3 under Carlyle/ 207.5 under Boudreau.) (NOTE: I didn't factor in the season in which the two split the job, or the strike shortened season the year after (where for reference, Ducks scored 140, allowed 118 in 48 games for a +22 against the +43.5 average in the following 82 game seasons.)) In the year they split the job (2011-12), the Ducks started 6-20-6, and went 28-16-6 the rest of the way. They're also averaging a demonstrably less penalty minutes per season, which goes back to the disciplined idea.

Simply, the Ducks have been better under Boudreau than under Carlyle outside of the final result one time.

So, no thanks.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

Some meaningless rambles...

Is it too soon for the Penguins to start worrying about Crosby's pointless so far? Kessel not getting going much either? I'd say it's probably soon enough to start thinking about when it'll be too soon... maybe another 3-4x games.

As for too soon, 15 of the 16 playoff seeded teams at American Thanksgiving made the playoffs last season. The lone one out of course being the Leafs. Yet when it comes to too soon, apparently, November probably isn't too soon enough.

I don't know if there's really ever a too soon for casual concern, the issue is at what point do you start really worrying. I think about 2 weeks into the season is a good general guideline. Once the league is a full month in, though, you're definitely at a point where all grace periods and growing room should be over. It's a long season, and anything can happen, true (look at the Wild last season), but at a month in, you have a solid indication of how the team is doing and where it's going.

Also, the Bruins and Kings both had wild card seedings as of American Thanksgiving last season (in addition to the Maple Leafs), but lost them by season's end. I'm not saying your point isn't valid (all non-wildcard positioned as of that date made the playoffs), but it's not quite as strong a case as you indicated.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions) | Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

The Blue Jackets are actually 15-9 in their last 24 games.

Imagine if they didn't play themselves out of a draft pick, keeping their pace of 58 points in 65 games, to finish with 73. Ivan Provorov or Pavel Zacha would look really good in that organization.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Archived