Nike NFL "Color Rush" uniforms?

dcameronh

This is not going to go well, I'm afraid. And the biggest fear, on my part, is that this is just a way to get that door cracked, and see what they can get away with. I'm not really going to lose a ton of sleep over ugly uniforms on Thursdays only, but if the NFL starts to resemble the nauseating nightmare of college football, that would be sad.

Here would be my "rules" to make this workable;

1. No monochrome requirement. I understand the need to control and possibly redesign all the parts (except helmets) of a color on color match up, to insure the teams remain as distinct as possible, but that doesn't mean it has to be monochrome. Leave that look to the little leagues, please.

2. If this is how Thursdays are going to be going forward, the NFL needs to get rid of all alternate uniforms for any other games. You want to make Thursdays special? Fine, but that should be the only time we have to see it. To me, that's about the only way I could get myself to actually enjoy these. I could tune in to Thursdays to see what odd look is being trotted out, have fun with the uniqueness of it, but rest assured that I don't have to worry about it again until the next season.

As for next season... all teams? Packers? Raiders? I'll believe it when I see it.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surely some interesting possibilities if the followign teams get Thursday games in 2016 and beyond:

Saints = gold

Seattle = lime green

Giants = red or mono blue?

Bears = Orange (maybe in throwback style)

Dolphins = Orange

Steelers = gold

Ravens = purple mono but in a different style from their current

Broncos = throwback royal blue?

Chiefs = gold

Raiders = silver WITH black pants? (reverse of current)

Thinking about the Packers, it's hard to believe they'll sign up for this, given a choice. Hell, they won't even let Nike put them into the template they tried to force on everyone. Now they're going to hand over control of everything "from jersey to cleats"? Hmm.

I could see the Packers going the Dallas route and having soem kind of throwback.....maybe gold stripes/numbers but no white accents.

I was excited/worried for this until you guys said monochrome.. :suspect: now i feel like going out on Thursday...only few teams can pull monochrome off but if for some reason the bills or rams wear white pants i think those would be best. i just hope the rams don't use the gold on their helmet with the yellow jersey at least the blue sorta matches this time..

2eg6xaq.jpg16hsymw.jpg124zfop.jpg49ers_89.jpg

Thanks to this thread, I found out that the Cowboys wore two different throwbacks in the 1994 season -- something I never realized.

The one already shown in this thread and the other one they wore, notably the NFC title game. The TNF ones look like the latter.

1994-Monday-Night.jpg

cowboys-troy-aikman-8x10-color-photo-7-d

They wore two different alternates, yes. But the bottom jersey, the modern double-star, was not a throwback. They wore that in 1994, and the blue version in 1995 (along with three more times on Thanksgiving over the next decade). I think the story goes that they originally planned to make the doublestars the full-time jerseys, but that never happened, luckily.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

If the Packers are indeed forced to do this (and we don't know that they are, the phrase used so far is "opportunity to"), then I hope they go for a straight throwback.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_kDQ_gSyMf7U/SikudsPUwxI/AAAAAAAABA0/Rw6guARWtEM/s1600-h/1953GreenBayPackers.jpg

Monochrome below the neck? Check.

Gold helmet compatible with their current? Check.

Least-offensive option compared to virtually anything else? Check.

This. Needs. To. Happen.

I thought Packers in green pants would look awful, but this may just work.

Just no wearing said green pants with the white jersey, thank you.

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

I've seen a few people say the Rams are bringing back the sleeve horns, but I'm just not seeing it. To me, this looks like a yellow version of the Colts. Am I wrong? There's another blue stripe there unless it's the collar and that's why it's blurry...since it would be out of focus.

CSh-ZhLXAAAcsn_.png

I've seen a few people say the Rams are bringing back the sleeve horns, but I'm just not seeing it. To me, this looks like a yellow version of the Colts. Am I wrong? There's another blue stripe there unless it's the collar and that's why it's blurry...since it would be out of focus.

CSh-ZhLXAAAcsn_.png

and that background yellow area should be white anyway

Also, taking a closer look at that Cowboys jersey.... guys, it doesn't match either of the 90's jerseys posted. It has the double outlines like the 2nd one, but no silver at all, like the 1st one.

I assume this Boys jersey is a hybrid of sorts.

The modern doublestars didn't have any silver. Both the home and road version were just blue and white.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived