Best Possible Super Bowl 50 Uni Matchup

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know it'll never happen, but it'd be so awesome if, as part of the 50th Anniversary celebration, the NFL totally surprises us by secretly having planned to issue throwbacks for the Super Bowl participants (save Carolina, cause, well, it's pretty much the same except for the logo). We'd have some dang good options in that case.

But since it isn't going to happen...yeah, Broncos/Panthers is the best one left I think.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

IMO, Pats/Panthers is the best matchup by a longshot. The Patriots and Panthers uniforms are in a whole 'nother class than the Cards' and Broncos'. Neither of them are top-notch, but the Broncos' and Cards' uniforms are that much more ugly.

BTW, the hate for the Patriots' home uniforms is way out of control, and I think it's influenced by people's hatred of the team. They have flaws, but they're not in the bottom portion of the league like some people say. They're not the out of control piping-laden mess that the Cardinals' and Falcons' uniforms are.

BTW, the hate for the Patriots' home uniforms is way out of control, and I think it's influenced by people's hatred of the team.

I don't think that's how it works. I've seen more than a few posters here say something along the lines of "I hate (insert team here), but their uniforms are great" in any given thread. And as for me personally, I hate the Bulls, Red Wings, and Yankees like crazy, but if you're asking me, each teams' uniform is darn near perfect. Maybe there is someone out there who's hatred for a team really does influence thier opinion on the uniform, but I don't think it happens all that often.

For the record, I do hate the Patriots also (sorry, Colts fan here :P), but I think they're just a few tweaks away from breaking into the top-10, namely removing the side panels and reverting back to the previous wordmark. They're pretty close as-is. And I'll say it, Flying Elvis is one of the best logos in the league.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

BTW, the hate for the Patriots' home uniforms is way out of control, and I think it's influenced by people's hatred of the team.

I don't think that's how it works. I've seen more than a few posters here say something along the lines of "I hate (insert team here), but their uniforms are great" in any given thread. And as for me personally, I hate the Bulls, Red Wings, and Yankees like crazy, but if you're asking me, each teams' uniform is darn near perfect. Maybe there is someone out there who's hatred for a team really does influence thier opinion on the uniform, but I don't think it happens all that often.

For the record, I do hate the Patriots also (sorry, Colts fan here :P), but I think they're just a few tweaks away from breaking into the top-10, namely removing the side panels and reverting back to the previous wordmark. They're pretty close as-is. And I'll say it, Flying Elvis is one of the best logos in the league.

I agree, except with the Red Sox, Celtics, and Spurs. I do also hate the Pats, but that has nothing to do with my opinion of their uniforms. I did really like them at the turn of the century, but I feel they're just... stale. And I don't often feel that way about uniforms, but somehow as time passes they're feeling more and more drab each year. I feel the same way about the Rams and Texans. They could use a nice refresh. It's just their success with the unis that keep them in stasis.

As for the point at hand, I'm a bit disappointed by the losses we've had these last few weeks. I feel that Denver's uniforms, especially the orange, are the most successful modern-style ones. Less successful are the Cardinals, but I don't think they're as odious as everyone seems to be deriding them as. I love Carolina's home unis, but something about their white is just... bland to me. That's why I went with Washington originally, because I felt that they had the best white look out of the NFC candidates. I guess my answer would be orange Broncos and white Cardinals, although I'd prefer orange Broncos and blue Panthers, if they would allow the very well-contrasting color-color matchup.

spacer.png

spacer.png

I agree with FinsUp. The Patriots are my favorite team, but their uniforms are at least in the middle of the league, and probably among the more frustrating, because they are only a few tweaks away from being very good. The mis-matched piping, (the piping at all, in 2016), the inconsistent striping, repetitive logo on the sleeve and odd numerals if changed could really boost the design.

Archived