NFL Changes - 2016

Bill0813

Red helmet, black jersey, white pants, black striped socks is my favorite Falcons look. 

8041180694_9a60e9ebaf_o.png

Just needs a better version of the primary logo.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, the admiral said:

Red helmet, black jersey, white pants, black striped socks is my favorite Falcons look. 

8041180694_9a60e9ebaf_o.png

Just needs a better version of the primary logo.

This would be perfect, with just a little modernization (not much) of the numbers and helmet logo.  Add a white road jersey with red numbers/black trim, red road pants with similar striping, and an alternate red jersey, and you are set for the next 20 years.  You could even (rarely please) do the all red color rush once a year (at most).  The current look and striping has gone stale. 

That white just seems too bright against the black and red.  Silver would be great.  Shiny silver.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Nope, starts encroaching on the Raiders a bit too much. Red/white/black contrast is always very striking: the Chicago Bulls, the White Stripes, Nazis

I have to concur, silver just does not fit.  It kind of works with red helmets and an alt red jersey (R/R/S), but not R/B/S.  Got to vote for a clean R/B/W as a home primary look. Solid Red, Black, and white color scheme.  Then: R/W/R - away, R/R/W - alt

Back in the 70s and 80s,teams added metallic accents, and then went away from it.  Colts, Falcons - the Packers almost did it.  I remember the Seahawks with shiny silver pant fronts, and gray pant backs.  If the Falcons changed as suggested, it would be akin to the most recent Giants rebrand (GIANTS to NY).  A return to a classy look.

10 hours ago, crosfam said:

Back in the 70s and 80s,teams added metallic accents, and then went away from it.  Colts, Falcons - the Packers almost did it.  I remember the Seahawks with shiny silver pant fronts, and gray pant backs.  If the Falcons changed as suggested, it would be akin to the most recent Giants rebrand (GIANTS to NY).  A return to a classy look.

Huh?

It's where I sit.

Yeah, forest green and metallic gold, but that was in the mid-'90s, not the '70s or '80s. Didn't like the way they wound up looking on the field.

3 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Yeah, forest green and metallic gold, but that was in the mid-'90s, not the '70s or '80s. Didn't like the way they wound up looking on the field.

Right - I'm guessing it's an issue of someone not putting the timeframe right, but wanted to ask just in case.

It's where I sit.

14 hours ago, the admiral said:

Nope, starts encroaching on the Raiders a bit too much. Red/white/black contrast is always very striking: the Chicago Bulls, the White Stripes, Nazis

The Raiders had the whole 90s to say anything to the Falcons about black and silver.  I don't think Al sued Atlanta though.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/aug-1998-wide-receiver-tony-martin-of-the-atlanta-falcons-in-action-picture-id344906

This is drab compared to the other picture I posted. They look more like the poor man's Raiders than either team that wound up getting sued. They had a color distribution that worked just fine. They don't need to play Raider dress-up again.

3 hours ago, Gothamite said:

I like the idea of the chrome logos, but last year they were just glued on.  Really cheap-looking in person.

I don't.  Why do I want a Packer G that's silver?  It just looks wrong.

It's where I sit.

Archived