2016 MLB Season

ninersdd

Here's the sequence:

*Top of the 4th inning, AJ Ellis grounds out on one pitch

*Kenta Maeda doesn't even have his batting gloves on

*Maeda takes his time, puts his gloves on, rubs pine tar on his bat

*Maeda runs to the plate like a little leaguer.  Actually apologizes to Cashner for taking so long

*Maeda proceeds to send an 0-1 slider into the left field seats

VmWIn6B.png

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cubs off to a nice start.  Cardinals also swept, so it's a bit of a happy baseball start for ol' Andy.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Who is this year's 88 Orioles? (or 2015 Blue Jackets to be fair)

Winless teams in the running: Angels, Twins, Padres, Phillies, Marlins, Cardinals (!)

I was really hoping the Reds could pull out a win or two against Philadelphia because then we get the Pirates, Cubs, and Cardinals in the next 3 series. If we started 0-3 against the Phillies I foresaw a scenario where we had a good chance to start 0-12. So, yes pleasantly surprised. Sports are more when you have no expectations. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

1 hour ago, McCarthy said:

Who is this year's 88 Orioles? (or 2015 Blue Jackets to be fair)

Winless teams in the running: Angels, Twins, Padres, Phillies, Marlins, Cardinals (!)

I was really hoping the Reds could pull out a win or two against Philadelphia because then we get the Pirates, Cubs, and Cardinals in the next 3 series. If we started 0-3 against the Phillies I foresaw a scenario where we had a good chance to start 0-12. So, yes pleasantly surprised. Sports are more when you have no expectations. 

I'm going with the Padres here... At least the other five teams have some form of offense. San Diego has literally no offense to speak of.

6 hours ago, KittSmith_95 said:

How about that Trevor Story kid? 4 HR's in 3 games... 

And I don't even like the Rockies as a team.

The best part?

The Rockies are on the hook for Reyes ridiculous salary...  Gonna have a $25M backup.

The Padres suck!  They've never won a World Series aren't going to win one any time soon.  They've never even had a no-hitter!  It took them 46 years just to get a cycle!  I don't think there's a more pathetic franchise in baseball.  Only a self-loathing defeatist would root for the Padres.

14 minutes ago, LMU said:

I don't take credit for making that. Just had to share with the masses.

Don't tell us you're above strapping on the fourth-tier POTD belt....

6uXNWAo.png

2 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Don't tell us you're above strapping on the fourth-tier POTD belt....

Not at all. Just saying after-the-fact that I had a handful of tights when making the pin.

#heel

VmWIn6B.png

6 minutes ago, rxmc89 said:

The Padres suck!  They've never won a World Series aren't going to win one any time soon.  They've never even had a no-hitter!  It took them 46 years just to get a cycle!  I don't think there's a more pathetic franchise in baseball.  Only a self-loathing defeatist would root for the Padres.

rxmcgoo!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived