MLB Changes 2017

TVIXX

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

On a side note, I did a really quick and cheap mock up what the old Cleveland away text would look like with the C replaced.  The letter could use some scrunching to look more in line with the others, but I think the idea has got some potential.

u2U0Dx9.png

I like it! I'm on board with anything that isn't just a block C.

6oq4fhs.gif2wp8bci.gif

3e7148f5-799f-4b32-b700-9f45eab0ac3c_zps

Blackhawks | Cubs | Maple Leafs | Bears

13 hours ago, McCarthy said:

She's good people. Our wedding is scheduled for this fall. Going as fast as I can. 

As a man who will be getting married in a little over two weeks after a 15 month planning process, take your time! 

13 hours ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

On a side note, I did a really quick and cheap mock up what the old Cleveland away text would look like with the C replaced.  The letter could use some scrunching to look more in line with the others, but I think the idea has got some potential.

u2U0Dx9.png

Beautiful!  That works better than I would have thought.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

With today's news that a group led by Derek Jeter (and Jeb Bush) are the Marlins' new owners, lots of fans on Uni-Watch are speculating that Jeter will influence the team to bring back pinstripes.

Short of simply bringing these back, what do you think that would look like?

I don't know if a change in uniforms will necessarily happen.  I think the biggest change, if there is one besides behind-the-scenes business stuff, will be that the former Yankee and conservative businessman may institute an appearance policy similar to the Yankees.

spacer.png

spacer.png

The Marlins are not the Yankees so they don't need to look like the Yankees and I'm sure the soon to be new ownership knows that. To think that Jeter is wanting to put the team back in pinstripes just because he is a Yankees great is silly and a bit insulting to Jeter because he's shown to be a smart guy and simply transforming the Marlins into the Yankees isn't smart business. That all actually sounds like a pipe dream of ignorant Yankee homers. Also, for the record, Jeter is not the boss there, Jeb Bush is. Jeter will have a role but he is one of five in the ownership group and is not the main man in charge.  

2 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

To think that Jeter is wanting to put the team back in pinstripes just because he is a Yankees great is silly and a bit insulting to Jeter because he's shown to be a smart guy and simply transforming the Marlins into the Yankees isn't smart business. 

3 hours ago, worcat said:

Can anyone explain to me what a "Cardhales" is? From mlbjerseyshop.pro

yadier-molina-black-cool-base-fashion-je

I'd say it a derogatory thing. Growing up a Padres fan, I had a white jersey with blue script that said Doggers. People in San Diego always gave me crap since they thought it said Dodgers until I pointed out what it really said. 

3 hours ago, rickyISking said:

Marlins, please bring teal back!

Although, I think Jeter still might be having nightmares about the Marlins in teal. 

Jeter shouldn't be having nightmares about teal. When they played in the World Series the Fish were 99% black and white with ever the slightest hints of teal intertwined. There was virtually zero teal in the 2003 Marlins identity.

ClAFLDa.png

All the talk about a Marlins rebrand under the Jeter/Jeb Bush ownership group (which I think is rather unlikely) does make me think:

It's going to a be a wee bit awkward if the Marlins ever pay tribute to the 2003 WS-winning club (perhaps on the 20th anniversary in 2023). Guessing Jeter would't show up at the ballpark that day. I'm already dreading the idiotic "Jeter-owned Marlins pay tribute to '03 champs!" hot takes online... with an inevitable photo of a disappointed-looking Jeter back in 2003, of course.

Honestly, at the very least (and I'd say 50% or less chance) maybe they adopt a pinstripe alt for a certain day of the week.

Personally, the longer the Marlins have had this look, the more Im getting used to it.

Archived