NFL 2017 changes?

Buffalo

The stripe is one piece.  Navy outlines around every bit of it. Side Logos included. In fact,  when you Peel the stripe off,  the underside of the vinyl is white.  

I've always disliked it,  but that's the way it's always been.  

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, andycumbee19 said:

The stripe is one piece.  Navy outlines around every bit of it. Side Logos included. 

I've always disliked it,  but that's the way it's always been.  

But wait... the navy portion of the stripe appears to be a parallel 1" (approx.) stripe on the front... does it just start to widen as the orange portion does? So weird. 

16 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

But wait... the navy portion of the stripe appears to be a parallel 1" (approx.) stripe on the front... does it just start to widen as the orange portion does? So weird. 

Luckily...  I've got an authentic.  I can upload pics! 

Here's what we got- three individual stripes - all navy/orange/navy. 

It's just all....  Weird.  But,  it's still the jewel of my collection.  

Parson the lens flare,  by the way. 

20170615_224308.jpg

20170615_224341.jpg

20170615_224351.jpg

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

1 hour ago, andycumbee19 said:

20170615_224308.jpg

20170615_224341.jpg

20170615_224351.jpg

You summed it up perfectly: It's just all....  Weird.

I'm hesitant to ask because I'm afraid of discovering more, but are there other teams that do anything like this?

1 hour ago, andycumbee19 said:

20170615_224308.jpg

20170615_224341.jpg

20170615_224351.jpg

wait. . . this is a clear layer of vinyl over orange, right? you can see the shell's metallic flake in the blue paint through the clear parts, and that brownish scuff mark in the 3rd pic through the vinyl

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

21 minutes ago, BrandMooreArt said:

wait. . . this is a clear layer of vinyl over orange, right? you can see the shell's metallic flake in the blue paint through the clear parts, and that brownish scuff mark in the 3rd pic through the vinyl

Incorrect.  The underside of the stripes are WHITE vinyl. No transparency whatsoever.  (See pictured)  The "scuff mark" you're referring to was the aforementioned lens flare.  Looks to me like the stripes start out as white,  and then get printed orange and blue.  Obviously they get die cut after.  

At least you know that if you ever get a Bronco helmet elsewhere and it doesn't have the navy trim on the stripes/decals, call the cops,  cuz you've been rooked. 

20170616_001944.jpg

20170616_001738.jpg

20170616_001603.jpg

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

This is so strange. All of it. Like what? What were the Broncos thinking? Why don't they use clear vinyl for the non orange/white parts like every other team in the NFL? 

I simply don't understand. This is utterly bizarre. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

3 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

Upon further investigation, the stripe has been this way since the uniform debuted in 1997. I've seen these uniforms for years and I am just now noticing this. I don't understand this.

jul-1997-neil-smith-of-the-denver-bronco

Wow, 20 years since that uniform debuted this year? Time flies..... but say what you will, IMO, it's a modern classic.

UBwef0L.png

Well, if think about it the separate stripes might serve a purpose... it's obviously important that the middle point end at the exact same spot at the front of all the helmets, and that side stripes come together  at a really consistent spot across the board, so separating them gives them some leeway in making that happen. Lots of different helmet styles and sizes, the flexibility is got to be helpful. But the navy borders are a puzzle. I worked at a silkscreen sweatshop years ago and we made helmet decals for high schools.  The adhesive vinyl was only produced in clear... using two colors can only be a complication.

What's the most puzzling to me is that the stripe vinyl is nowhere near as thick as the logo.  It's pretty much equivalent to a bumper sticker.  Not at all like the 3M decals. Can't believe you never see them Peel or rip during games and practices .

Even more puzzling than that is how seemingly nobody else on here noticed this before now

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

8 hours ago, johnnysama said:

Wow, 20 years since that uniform debuted this year? Time flies..... but say what you will, IMO, it's a modern classic.

It's not only a modern classic, but the most revolutionary and influential uniform in NFL history.

yeah that this slipped under the radar for 20 years is unbelievable.  This discovery is a pretty big deal.  We need answers.  now.  Someone who's less lazy than me should send to Uniwatch so he can interview their equip mgr (and the one from 20 years ago if it's not the same person.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived