NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Colorsism said:

So does that mean these jerseys are fake? or possible alternate/throwbacks?

DDQaSXvXsAE6vzJ.jpg

I'm wondering the status of these, since the Pacers said they were the only team to feature both the city and team name

26 minutes ago, TaylorMade said:

I'm wondering the status of these, since the Pacers said they were the only team to feature both the city and team name

Strange that they would claim that. The Warriors use both the location and team name on the jerseys and have for years.

12 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Still no date for the Jazz, just "soon":

Yep. I heard the interview on the way home from work yesterday. Starks mentioned that Utah has a design that would "push the envelope" (probably the gold-to-orange gradient jersey), and also that the Jazz have "about 6 or 7 years of uniforms" lined up. This probably means that the two "alternates" (community and the 3rd option) could rotate by the year for any team.

I just hope that a green jersey (or one that has plenty of green trim, even the gold-to-orange jersey) is found in the mix somewhere.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

A couple of notable things from that teaser; they're using the ventilated waistband instead of the more conventional version, and it also looks like the jersey might have the mesh around the entire front of the jersey (except the horizontal stripes at the top), joining the Blazers as the only ones to have that alteration so far. Just like the Blazers, the stripes on the front of the jersey likely made it so the regular Aeroswift mesh panels wouldn't really work, so they opted to have the mesh around the entire front of the jersey instead.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 minute ago, upperV03 said:

New Wizards teaser:

A couple of notable things here; they're using the ventilated waistband instead of the more convential version, and it also looks like the jersey might have the mesh around the entire front of the jersey (except the horizontal stripes at the top), joining the Blazers as the only ones to have that alteration so far. Just like the Blazers, the stripes on the front of the jersey likely made it so the regular Aeroswift mesh panels wouldn't really work, so they opted to have the mesh around the entire front of the jersey instead.

FWIW, the Wizards' uni featured a non-standard mesh pattern during the Adidas era as well -- presumably for the same reasons you've laid out.  I'm not certain about the Adidas-era Blazers, though.

1 minute ago, keynote said:

FWIW, the Wizards' uni featured a non-standard mesh pattern during the Adidas era as well -- presumably for the same reasons you've laid out.  I'm not certain about the Adidas-era Blazers, though.

Yeah, they were the only ones to have an altered version of the Rev 30 mesh pattern. The Blazers still had the standard version.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

25 minutes ago, suns1977 said:

Holy wow.

This reminds me of the Dbacks Tron look.  I like it.

You might be disappointed in the real thing if you think the teaser looks like something from Tron. ;)

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 8/1/2017 at 2:33 PM, LakeShow24 said:

Sixers: That dropshadow ooooooooooo that looks good.

A dropshadow that looks good is essentially a contradiction in terms.  The only NBA team that should be using a dropshadow (namely: the Lakers on their numbers) has unfortunately gotten rid of it.  And now a team that has no business messing with it has brought it in.  As Louis van Gaal once said: "What is this world twisted?"

The lettering on Sixers' uniforms now looks blurry where it once looked crisp.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

6 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

You might be disappointed in the real thing if you think the teaser looks like something from Tron. ;)

You're probably right, perhaps it's just the lighting.  That ball seems to be glowing.

Just now, suns1977 said:

You're probably right, perhaps it's just the lighting.  That ball seems to be glowing.

Yeah, fancy lighting/filtering, I think.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 minute ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

A dropshadow that looks good is essentially a contradiction in terms.  The only NBA team that should be using a dropshadow (namely: the Lakers on their numbers) has unfortunately gotten rid of it.  And now a team that has no business messing with it has brought it in.  As Louis van Gaal once said: "What is this world twisted?"

The lettering on Sixers' uniforms now looks blurry where it once looked crisp.

Why should only the Lakers utilize a drop shadow? 'Cause they were the first to use it? That's not a very compelling argument IMO. As long as the shadow isn't too gaudy or a complete copy of another uniform (*cough* 90s Heat *cough*), a drop shadow is just another element that can enhance it. I for one think the Sixers shadow works well and adds red where it is sorely needed.

NSFCvyu.png

1 hour ago, DustDevil61 said:

Yep. I heard the interview on the way home from work yesterday. Starks mentioned that Utah has a design that would "push the envelope" (probably the gold-to-orange gradient jersey), and also that the Jazz have "about 6 or 7 years of uniforms" lined up. This probably means that the two "alternates" (community and the 3rd option) could rotate by the year for any team.

I just hope that a green jersey (or one that has plenty of green trim, even the gold-to-orange jersey) is found in the mix somewhere.

I hadn't had a chance to listen to the interview yet, that's some interesting stuff! "Pushing the envelope" concerns me a little, but that could very well just mean the gradient alt.

I'm still crossing fingers that the main set undergoes changes, even if they're just tweaks. A more unified collar and shoulder trim design, at the very least, would be very welcome.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Archived