NHL 2017-18

Bmac

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Morgo said:

That is the best road jersey in the league as far as I'm concerned.  I'm disappointed the uniforms don't match but at least it's closer now and their brilliant logo is no longer minimized.  Been a rough 10 years for the team but it looks like they're finally back on track.  Fingers crossed that the inevitable red alternate never gets upgraded to primary status.

Squared shoulders still ruin this jersey for me--it would look so much better with the more traditional rounded shoulders like Pittsburgh, Boston, Edmonton, St. Louis, etc. I was hoping Adidas would correct it this go around.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

5 hours ago, Ark said:

Those half collars really aren't that big of a deal, because they are hardly noticeable.

Whereas the NFL collars are very noticeable

jimmy-graham.jpg?w=640

Look where you are. I agree the average fan won't care but its basically our duty to bitch and moan about stuff like this.

9 hours ago, Morgo said:

Great write-up on the Avalanche website that describes the reasons for the design decisions they made.  Never thought I'd say this but this team gets it.  I never knew the reasons behind their colour choices but now that I do, I appreciate them even more.  Well done :notworthy: .

QLOlM3f.jpg

But they still have the awful C on the shoulders?

Yeti/bigfoot logo was 100 times better.

9 hours ago, Morgo said:

Great write-up on the Avalanche website that describes the reasons for the design decisions they made.  Never thought I'd say this but this team gets it.  I never knew the reasons behind their colour choices but now that I do, I appreciate them even more.  Well done :notworthy: .

QLOlM3f.jpg

Yeah ditching the black and white was a great move. If only they'd make the final leap and change the black pants helmets and gloves. Oh well. 

I have a soft spot for identities like the Avalanche, Canucks and Coyotes that pay homage to the local geography with their colour schemes.

6 hours ago, Ark said:

Those half collars really aren't that big of a deal, because they are hardly noticeable.

jimmy-graham.jpg?w=640

The adidas collars will be more noticeable once the season starts and we have game pictures.  Hockey players are usually leaning forward. The collars will be quite obvious. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

27 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

The adidas collars will be more noticeable once the season starts and we have game pictures.  Hockey players are usually leaning forward. The collars will be quite obvious. 

I believe the adidas collar will be better because it looks like it tapers towards the neck hole rather than away like the NFL collars. It'll make it look more like it just got folded underneath the neckline rather than the toilet seat affect.

7 hours ago, Ark said:

jimmy-graham.jpg?w=640

I'll withhold my final verdict until I see them in action as opposed to propped up on a mannequin.  

Unless I've missed it, I'm kinda surprised people aren't complaining about the "jock tag" circle thingie.  Look at the Avs jersey - it totally breaks up the "mountain" on the bottom.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Just now, BringBackTheVet said:

Unless I've missed it, I'm kinda surprised people aren't complaining about the "jock tag" circle thingie.  Look at the Avs jersey - it totally breaks up the "mountain" on the bottom.

Oh, it bothers me.  I think most people are hoping it can be easily removed.  And since it'll only be on the indo-authentics, I think the Fanatics jock tag and rear collar logo will be far more offensive.

If I was a kid in school and I showed up in a new jersey with Fanatics on it instead of Adidas/Reebok, I'd totally be picked on.  Kids are :censored:s like that.

4114313717_ee13929eec_o.png

11 hours ago, Shachihoko said:

I was the one posted this... :) 

The images were from Grey Wyshynski's twitter post

IMG_7033.PNG

IMG_7034.PNG

Thanks @Shachihoko ! You can definitely see here that even in light that leaves the main elements of the jersey as "storm grey," it turns these "flaps" a shade of hazy purple. I'm shocked that in a world where we're losing our :censored: over a tiny Adidas dot, that this is not bothering people!

I'm also surprised we heard no comments about the team (Vegas) seemingly moving away from the initial color scheme it promoted. The main color was truly dark tealish originally. These were from the team, not a fan site:

Image result for Vegas Golden Knights

Guess they decided it would render funny or was difficult to reproduce, so they went with a true grey...?

vegas2.JPG

27 minutes ago, demondg1 said:

Oh, it bothers me.  I think most people are hoping it can be easily removed.  And since it'll only be on the indo-authentics, I think the Fanatics jock tag and rear collar logo will be far more offensive.

If I was a kid in school and I showed up in a new jersey with Fanatics on it instead of Adidas/Reebok, I'd totally be picked on.  Kids are :censored:s like that.

What kind of schools have you gone to???

41 minutes ago, NYYNYR said:

I'm also surprised we heard no comments about the team (Vegas) seemingly moving away from the initial color scheme it promoted. The main color was truly dark tealish originally. These were from the team, not a fan site:

Image result for Vegas Golden Knights

Guess they decided it would render funny or was difficult to reproduce, so they went with a true grey...?

vegas2.JPG

The shade of dark grey looks much classier, blends better with the color scheme. Plus, it's a little too close to San Jose. A unique scheme never-before-used was an excellent choice. 

Archived