NHL 2017-18

Bmac

1 hour ago, Nordiks_19 said:

I'm surprised Vegas's main color isn't Vegas gold.. They're in Vegas... and called GOLDEN Knights.. seems only appropriate to me

That's the NHL for ya.

6oq4fhs.gif2wp8bci.gif

3e7148f5-799f-4b32-b700-9f45eab0ac3c_zps

Blackhawks | Cubs | Maple Leafs | Bears

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are about a month away from the Draft.   IF the info is correct that all teams will unveil their home sweaters then, do you all think we will see any leaks/info before hand?

I am starting to think their won't be much change at all, just a copy over to the Adidas name.

8 minutes ago, CreamSoda said:

We are about a month away from the Draft.   IF the info is correct that all teams will unveil their home sweaters then, do you all think we will see any leaks/info before hand?

I am starting to think their won't be much change at all, just a copy over to the Adidas name.

Yes.  It almost always seems to happen.

I'm not sure how many teams will make big change, but with the temporary eliminatio of alts, you could see some alts move up to primary (as I think is supposed to happen in Edmonton, sadly).

The Wild are changing their home uniform (green with logo similar to outdoor game) and hopefully their road uniform to match.  Maybe there'll be a few more.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Just now, OnWis97 said:

I'm not sure how many teams will make big change, but with the temporary eliminatio of alts, you could see some alts move up to primary (as I think is supposed to happen in Edmonton, sadly).

The Wild are changing their home uniform (green with logo similar to outdoor game) and hopefully their road uniform to match.  Maybe there'll be a few more.

Yeah, we have known about those for a while.  It is starting to sound like that will be it.    The 2007 redesign was fun to follow but the changes were awful, so maybe this is good news.

I'll go out on a limb and make a wild prediction: The NHL will announce in September 2025 that they will make Nike their official outfitter for the 2027-28 season, continuing the 10-year pattern and there will be leaks and mock-ups of each team's uniform changes prior to the draft. :) *tongue in cheek*

8 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

From what I've heard, the Wild won't be changing their road uniform. Which is a good thing... It's top 5 in the League...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

3 minutes ago, chcarlson23 said:

From what I've heard, the Wild won't be changing their road uniform. Which is a good thing... It's top 5 in the League...

Really?

If that's the case the possibilities are that they'll still have two non-matching uniforms (certainly a realistic possibility for the Wild) or that the reports on the new green uniform being like the outdoor uniform are off and the green is going to be more like the road uniform. (Please, please, please).

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

18 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

We haven't heard anything new on the Devils, right?

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

23 hours ago, CreamSoda said:

22 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

Edmonton making the Orange alts the home next season is also known.  

The big rumour is still with the Capitals going to retros full time.  The Ducks making an orange primary home in 2018-19 is also known.  

Everything else as far as I know is up in the air

They said the Wild's new home jersey would be like the outdoor uniform, which could just mean the scenery bear is appearing on the front.  I think were going to see a reverse, green version of the current road which is really the best thing they could do.  If not, at least the logos will match for the first time in 10 years.

I know it's a little late, but I did guesses for what Vegas might wear based on the draft hat and other images.

591d0cf83d761_VegasGoldenKnightsGUESS-TAYLORROY.thumb.png.cd9a113031b76dd4c05237d05fd7536e.png

Also did a mockup of Anaheim going full-time orange

591d0d7a6bc96_AnaheimDucks2018GUESS-TAYLORROY.thumb.png.b76fd86472c6d8e50ef7381f7b591d00.png

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

9 hours ago, TRoyConcepts said:

I know it's a little late, but I did guesses for what Vegas might wear based on the draft hat and other images.

591d0cf83d761_VegasGoldenKnightsGUESS-TAYLORROY.thumb.png.cd9a113031b76dd4c05237d05fd7536e.png

Also did a mockup of Anaheim going full-time orange

591d0d7a6bc96_AnaheimDucks2018GUESS-TAYLORROY.thumb.png.b76fd86472c6d8e50ef7381f7b591d00.png

I may make the piping on the bottom straight but either way I'd buy these in a heartbeat.

XM4KeeA.png

5 hours ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

Nice work. Hopefully the Ducks go with the mask logo. Yes, it's 'cartoony' but it's much better aesthetically and more marketable than a D. 

Giant Pacific Octopus to post a Disney cartoon in 3... 2... 1...

5 hours ago, njdevs7 said:

The most cartoony part about the Ducks mask logo is the sticks IMO. If they updated the sticks it would look even better. 

Some proposed logos for the 2006 rebrand...

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/513e03a1e4b00efcff5aa03d/t/555d0f45e4b0c1834b58a8b4/1432162118557/?format=750w

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

I'd love the Ducks to go to that full time but I don't think they will. They won't even wear their orange uniform in the playoffs in spite of the #PaintItOrange postseason slogan. Though, owner Henry Samueli reportedly loves the orange jersey so I wonder how much that's down to the Ducks' own apparent unwillingness to promote it or some restriction the NHL is imposing.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Archived