NHL 2017-18

Bmac

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

The looser fit is what most players find more comfortable, I guess. Reebok's original plans for the Edge overhaul involved making jerseys much tighter and tucked-in; that's why so many teams ditched hem stripes. The final Edge 1.0/7187 product was slimmer-fitting; but when the jersey got modified for Edge 2.0/7287 after numerous player complaints, the body was made looser and the sleeves wider.

Those first Edge jerseys were just...weird. I was playing in a Junior league in 07/08 and during the preseason the league experimented with the new Edge jerseys to see how the players liked them. They were just regular practice jerseys, but with the Edge cut. The jerseys were exactly as you described; slim fit and meant to be tucked in. You felt restricted in your movement with them, as if your jersey was about to tear away if you did something too quickly. Also, the moisture wicking was atrocious. I'm happy the league said no.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I can't find it anywhere, but I can find some of the news articles associated with it. Maybe you guys can track it down. In 2007, before the Edge jerseys were unveiled, Nashville tried a practice with the new jerseys, when they were still super form fitting. There's a photo out there somewhere, with four Preds players in white Edge jerseys, skin tight, while their regular old hockey pants were massive in comparison. The first ideas were truly goofy, and I wish i tucked that photo away somewhere, but I guess not. Anyone else remember this?

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Came across this picture tonight.  I get the feeling this change is more than just swapping out "Reebok" for "Adidas", although that will probably be the case for teams like Montreal and Chicago.

(Hoping that this is not a previously posted picture.  I haven't seen this in this thread yet,)

IMG_8541.PNG

I don't think it will be like how it was during the Edge makeover when so many teams changed their uniforms.  A couple of teams will be changing; a couple other teams should be changing, but probably aren't just yet.  What I'm hoping for is that teams like Buffalo, Calgary, and Nashville at least get rid of the stupid piping and chest numbers if they aren't getting full on changes.  Nashville has gotten a good look and I can't really see them already changing them.  I hope its just them getting rid of the piping.  Either way, for Nashville, it's a pretty good time to make a change.

I haven't heard the news about the Preds redesigning their sweaters, so hopefully this means some teams will announce new looks in the next few weeks so we won't have new sweaters just for Vegas/Minnesota/New Jersey. Not that every team should though, I'm with M4One on this one.

4 hours ago, Toronto206 said:

I know this won't happen but I really hope the Leafs add a blue shoulder yoke to the away sweater. Biggest dissapointment for me from the new sweaters.

Totally agree. The only thing the Leafs did right in their uniform change was add white striping to the pants. All they need to do is replace the 35-point leaf with the current 31-point version on this classic set.

MapleLeafs17.png

10 hours ago, Howie_16 said:

Came across this picture tonight.  I get the feeling this change is more than just swapping out "Reebok" for "Adidas", although that will probably be the case for teams like Montreal and Chicago.

(Hoping that this is not a previously posted picture.  I haven't seen this in this thread yet,)

IMG_8541.PNG

Are we going to get the same logo, yellow original six dressup jerseys?

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

1 hour ago, charger77 said:

Are we going to get the same logo, yellow original six dressup jerseys?

Can we please put this term to bed? It's officially lost all meaning. Everyone has been accused of it, none of them are really doing it. Let's call it what it really is - looking like a respectable hockey team.

3 minutes ago, hockey week said:

Can we please put this term to bed? It's officially lost all meaning. Everyone has been accused of it, none of them are really doing it. Let's call it what it really is - looking like a respectable hockey team.

We haven't even seen the new uniform yet, its an assumption of what it might be. 

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

4 hours ago, hockey week said:

You can look like "a respectable hockey team" without being plain (i.e., anti-modern), ya know.

I'm actually just now hearing this term.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

16 hours ago, Howie_16 said:

IMG_8541.PNG

I'm hoping they go navy at home and gold on the road. 

43 minutes ago, Chico said:

Simply removing the apron striping is a huge improvement. Besides that I've always liked the Preds current set. 

Untitled.jpg

Put the guitar pick on both shoulders and you've got excellent jerseys, both home and away.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

58 minutes ago, 29texan said:

You can look like "a respectable hockey team" without being plain (i.e., anti-modern), ya know.

I'm actually just now hearing this term.

It's hockey's version of BFBS. It once had a real meaning, until it got applied to everything. The term came to full-blows a few years ago,

Obviously it was coming up before that - I remember the Lightning and Stars bearing the brunt of it, with the Panthers getting some backlash. The Tampa Bay/Toronto connections were too obvious, and too much. In their case, looking VERY CLOSE to Toronto, they might qualify for O6 Dress Up. Then it suddenly started being attached to anyone who didn't wear crazy-RBK stripes and looked remotely traditional. You might be new to the term, but I really think it's lost all meaning as every team gets accused of it sooner or later around here. 

Is there a difference between respectable and plain? Of course. Doesn't mean that a plain hockey team can't look good.

Oh, and I actually don't mind Nashville's piping...until it reaches the blue stripes. It shouldn't overlap them to the bottom, it should end there. I think it almost looks odd without it.

34 minutes ago, hockey week said:

It's hockey's version of BFBS. It once had a real meaning, until it got applied to everything. The term came to full-blows a few years ago,

Obviously it was coming up before that - I remember the Lightning and Stars bearing the brunt of it, with the Panthers getting some backlash. The Tampa Bay/Toronto connections were too obvious, and too much. In their case, looking VERY CLOSE to Toronto, they might qualify for O6 Dress Up. Then it suddenly started being attached to anyone who didn't wear crazy-RBK stripes and looked remotely traditional. You might be new to the term, but I really think it's lost all meaning as every team gets accused of it sooner or later around here. 

Is there a difference between respectable and plain? Of course. Doesn't mean that a plain hockey team can't look good.

Oh, and I actually don't mind Nashville's piping...until it reaches the blue stripes. It shouldn't overlap them to the bottom, it should end there. I think it almost looks odd without it.

The term, to me, jumped the shark when it started getting applied to the Stars. 

It made sense when applied to the Lightning and Hurricanes, because those looks echoed previously established O6 identities.

It made no sense with Dallas, given that no other team (O6 or otherwise) was wearing kelly green and black. 

Archived