kimball

18 minutes ago, kimball said:

I agree. But, I do like the current Jazz colors. The level of blue works.

I vastly prefer purple, BUT if they insist on sticking with navy, then something needs to be done about the shade of green. It’s way too dark to work with navy and has always looked bad with it. It needs to be kelly or even teal-ish (remember the Salt Lake Buzz?) for better contrast.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did l see this correctly? Are the Thunder now wearing Love's Travel Center sponsorship patches? Welcome to the fold if true, uffff!

34 minutes ago, Cardsblues02 said:

Yes, Love’s sponsor the Thunder now. Last team to add an advertisement patch.

Five internet bucks to the first person who correctly answers as to why this makes me chuckle... 

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

16 hours ago, verno said:

Did l see this correctly? Are the Thunder now wearing Love's Travel Center sponsorship patches? Welcome to the fold if true, uffff!

Yup, it was announced about two weeks ago and mentioned in the NBA Changes 2018-19 thread: 

As such, merging this with that thread. 

52 minutes ago, McCall said:

Do you stop at Love's a lot on your trucking adventures?

Unless and until Kwik Trip expands outside the Dakotas, Minnesota, Iowa and Wisconsin, I try to fuel there as much as they can...and right now no one is touching their fuel rewards program. PFJ can kick rocks.

(Oh--& yes, you win five internet bucks.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

11 minutes ago, Buc said:

Unless and until Kwik Trip expands outside the Dakotas, Minnesota, Iowa and Wisconsin, I try to fuel there as much as they can...and right now no one is touching their fuel rewards program. PFJ can kick rocks.

Woohoo!

On 3/29/2019 at 1:22 PM, FinsUp1214 said:

I vastly prefer purple, BUT if they insist on sticking with navy, then something needs to be done about the shade of green. It’s way too dark to work with navy and has always looked bad with it. It needs to be kelly or even teal-ish (remember the Salt Lake Buzz?) for better contrast.

I agree with you on the shade of green. It needs to be kelly green. That’s what bugged me the most about the Hayward era alternates.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

On 3/29/2019 at 1:22 PM, FinsUp1214 said:

That, or lighten the blue to a more royal-ish shade and make green the primary color. Or lighten the green, make it the primary color, and have (purple or navy) to go with the gold and white.

2 hours ago, Froob said:

This Hornets Jazz matchup is beautiful. Jazz six sets are an A+

Agreed. I love a good all-throwback night, though the only thing that would’ve made this game look even better would be to have the Hornets wear their teal throwbacks from last year and/or have Utah wear white throwbacks, though it’s not possible with this year’s rotation for either team. Or have this same exact matchup in Charlotte.

(Yes, I’m still a stickler for home=lighter colors, road=darker colors, but that’s a topic that’s been discussed at length since Nike took over for NBA apparel.)

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

On 3/31/2019 at 6:18 PM, kimball said:

I agree with you on the shade of green. It needs to be kelly green. That’s what bugged me the most about the Hayward era alternates.

On 3/31/2019 at 6:25 PM, Dolphins Dynasty said:

They actually brightened it recently I believe, but yes, it's still too dark.

Either make the blue brighter or the green brighter (...or both?).

Actually gonna disagree, the jazz look the best they’ve ever looked right now and the only thing they need is to bring back the green “UTAH” jerseys they had under the last year of adidas and replace the gradient uniform. Which isn’t bad, I just hate teams wearing colors that aren’t their team colors.

Edit: unless it’s throwbacks of course 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

On 4/1/2019 at 11:25 PM, BellaSpurs said:

Actually gonna disagree, the jazz look the best they’ve ever looked right now and the only thing they need is to bring back the green “UTAH” jerseys they had under the last year of adidas and replace the gradient uniform. Which isn’t bad, I just hate teams wearing colors that aren’t their team colors.

Edit: unless it’s throwbacks of course 

I agree with you on that, I loved those UTAH jerseys. But, the green on the blue jerseys needs to be lighter. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

On 4/1/2019 at 8:23 PM, Froob said:

This Hornets Jazz matchup is beautiful. Jazz six sets are an A+

100% agree!!! I hope the Jazz wear throwbacks again next year! Either the home whites from that era. But, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they brought out the mountain jerseys.

QHGSIAQSMBG7ZHMGC5VFHBS5CY.JPG

kimball banner.png

Watching Sixers-Bucks tonight and if I was someone who didn’t know better I’d be so confused by who was playing with both teams in city jerseys. The blue and red Sixers in gray and the green and cream Bucks in 2 tone yellow and red.

On 3/31/2019 at 1:15 PM, Buc said:

I agree, Buc. I drive OTR also, and PFJ is the worst!!! Now my company only wants us fueling with PFJ because of agreed discounts. But, l also own a truck here at home (a rollback) and l only buy its diesel at Love's.

On 3/31/2019 at 12:38 PM, officeglenn said:

Yup, it was announced about two weeks ago and mentioned in the NBA Changes 2018-19 thread: 

As such, merging this with that thread. 

Thanks for merging. I searched OKC Thunder and sponsorship and found nothing, my bad.

3 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Disappointed there wasn't a Wolves green vs. Heat Vice black this year.  Would have loved a Wolves green vs. Hornets black too. 

Teams wanted to hoard their color/black games for their home games. I hope next year if anything, we get more of what you're describing. I mentioned the Knicks not really using their Navy's on the road much,'or at all. 

I bet if you looked at Lv, the heat didn't wear either vice set away from Miami. Not good, people. 

Purples, blues, greens were kind of rare all around for visiting teams this year. Worst year for uniform color variety in decades. 

I mentioned some home fans only getting to see their 2nd or 3rd color 2-3 months into the season. White and black jersey dominated 70% of the time. 

Edit:

Checked LV for Miami away games. ~50% dominated by white jersey, ~30% black, and ~20% red. Zero vice black or pink on the road. How or why is this happening? 

Archived