kimball

2 hours ago, pepis21 said:

I'd like to see this uniform as their regular classic for next season, but I guess they will receive "The City" jersey. @Conrad. am I right or am I wrong?

I would assume ... and have been assuming ... that they'd use them. But, since THE TOWN jerseys have been their statement jersey for the past two years I could totally see them making a modern version of THE CITY as well.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Warriors wearing a lot more color in the playoffs! I would have loved for them to wear yellow in all the home games but I’ll take it, blue looks good at home. Was super lame they wore white 80% of the time last year and black the rare times it wasn’t white.

On 4/7/2019 at 11:07 AM, projectjohn said:

As a Pistons fan (a few of us still exist), I've seen black and gray jerseys more than times than I can count this season. Without looking it up on Lockervision, I think the classic road royal blues were only used like 3 or 4 times between Christmas and St. Patrick's Day.

I understand in this new Nike era, there's going to be more alternates and "out there" stuff, but I wish it could be scaled back and not overwhelm the classic/established brands.

Just when I mercifully thought I’d seen the last of these, LockerVision says the Pistons will be using “Motor City” as their road uniform throughout the playoffs. I almost want them to get swept as quickly as possible now..

I can’t believe, with the whole “Blue and White Ignite” push, we’re going to wear black every away game. The rumor around town was that we were going to wear throwbacks as much as possible, which just makes the actual news even more ldepressing.

Raptors will be wearing black too. Every single game in the series will be black vs white (except for game 6, which will be black vs red).

Considering this and the news for next season, they might as well make the slogan Black and White Ignite.

ExJworW.png

11 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

I can’t believe, with the whole “Blue and White Ignite” push, we’re going to wear black every away game. The rumor around town was that we were going to wear throwbacks as much as possible, which just makes the actual news even more ldepressing.

Raptors will be wearing black too. Every single game in the series will be black vs white (except for game 6, which will be black vs red).

Considering this and the news for next season, they might as well make the slogan Black and White Ignite.

Not to mention the possible Game 6 will feature the Raps in their N O R T H jerseys

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

On 4/12/2019 at 3:20 AM, projectjohn said:

Just when I mercifully thought I’d seen the last of these, LockerVision says the Pistons will be using “Motor City” as their road uniform throughout the playoffs. I almost want them to get swept as quickly as possible now..

giphy.gif

Great job, Detroit. You guys manage to screw up even the simplest of things. I'm so ready for this black and gray jersey trend to be over.

31 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

Do you member when Pistons had a red alternate uniform and that was great? Oh I member.

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

spacer.png

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

2 hours ago, Beer Barrel Man said:

This Celtics-Pacers matchup confused me and is stupid. Why are the Pacers the ones wearing white while Boston is wearing BFBS at home? 🙄

Because the NBA is a :censored:ing trainwreck aesthetically...

52 minutes ago, jp1409 said:

Because the NBA is a :censored:ing trainwreck aesthetically...

Seriously. Just plain stupid. Like I'm all down for a sensible alternate here or there. Even up to 10 or 15 games a year spread out between home and away. But white standard at home. Color standard on the road. Especially during the playoffs. 

I dont give a damn about scorebugs(which are usually tough to read anyway)

I should be able to walk into a bar. See a game on the tele and within 5  seconds know who's playing and where its played in.

On 4/12/2019 at 8:20 AM, projectjohn said:

Looking good so far. 😉

19 hours ago, Tracy Jordan said:

giphy.gif

Great job, Detroit. You guys manage to screw up even the simplest of things. I'm so ready for this black and gray jersey trend to be over.

Makes it more puzzling is there is not even any novelty to it since you've had a team wear that black/grey/silver combo for 40 years in San Antonio.  

On 4/10/2019 at 10:17 PM, lbj273 said:

The current set needs the Run TMC wordmark on the front instead of the logo and I'd agree, but as is it's in the bottom tier of looks in the league in my opinion.

It's a unique look and I like it as-is. A custom font would be nice but it's a good logo and works as the front of the jersey. 

The Run TMC era look isn't bad, but the font feels dated IMO. No need to go back full time.

On 4/11/2019 at 4:17 AM, lbj273 said:

The current set needs the Run TMC wordmark on the front instead of the logo and I'd agree, but as is it's in the bottom tier of looks in the league in my opinion.

They already tried that:

spacer.png

4r2eer.png

Archived