TJSC

What was the best logo in your team's history?

10 minutes ago, verno said:

As a Cardinals and Blues fan like you, I agree. But what if the Blues ditched the navy...........

Then they'd just be the Blue...

1 minute ago, WavePunter said:

Then they'd just be the Blue...

Nah, the navy bugs me! Royal and athletic yellow.

8 hours ago, Ben in LA said:

I also love the simplicity of this.

2910.gif

I'm not convinced that was ever actually a team logo, though.  I know it's on the mothership but so are any number of errors.

As strange as the logo is, I kinda like the old Steeler logo with the steel worker punting a football on an I beam. I have a jacket with that logo, and it's pretty sweet!!

O's have already been mentioned, so I'll go with the Ravens.

318.png

Let's not kid ourselves here...while I've noticed a bit of debate over the B designed in the bird, this logo is etched into our history (thanks to a decade or so of our two greatest Ravens to date, Lewis and Reed). Wouldn't change it for a single penny

4 hours ago, verno said:

Nah, the navy bugs me! Royal and athletic yellow.

I like the navy, but maybe substitute the navy for red? We have some history with red...

fe686e6c1757341f545ae4fc6f486829bcc749b2

Seattle Supersonics 1975/76 - 1994/95

4043_sacramento_kings-primary-2017.png

Not a Kings fan, but this is one of the best logos in the NBA.

8 hours ago, DeFrank said:

That's the curly W's fault, not this logos. The whole identity was designed around the monumental aesthetic that the 2005 primary logo illustrates. The original W cap, as well as the DC interlocking cap logo, fit. The uniforms fit. It all was a fantastic identity. I like the W and I think it's okay that the W didn't really fit the 2005 uniform set

Yeah that's fair.  I don't mind the block look on the uniforms.  And I'll admit my "doesnt match the curly w logo" argument is weak, since I've always rebuttled that argument with Well look at the Dodgers. I really like the Nats grey uniforms from those first few years.  I have an all navy Nats hat that I cherish. I'd love to find a grey Zimmerman jersey with the block font.  But that may just be nostaglia.  Strange to say, there's something I miss about those crappy Nats teams.  They were my first love.  But yeah still not a big fan of that primary logo though.

I didn’t like that Nats primary, but there is something about the block DC. That was a nice cap logo. I wish they would bring that back, it would go well with one of the alternates. Just to mix things up, it would really be cool I think. 

9168_atlanta_hawks-primary-2016.png

This one's been gone for over 25 years and I still miss it.  Have not been as passionate about the Reds since then, although many other factors have also contributed.

706.png