What was the best logo in your team's history?

TJSC

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Yeah that's fair.  I don't mind the block look on the uniforms.  And I'll admit my "doesnt match the curly w logo" argument is weak, since I've always rebuttled that argument with Well look at the Dodgers. I really like the Nats grey uniforms from those first few years.  I have an all navy Nats hat that I cherish. I'd love to find a grey Zimmerman jersey with the block font.  But that may just be nostaglia.  Strange to say, there's something I miss about those crappy Nats teams.  They were my first love.  But yeah still not a big fan of that primary logo though.

Yeah I agree with all of that. I made my UniWatch membership card in the style of the original Nats road uniforms. I was 10 years old when the Nats arrived. Could walk to the stadium. Primed to just be obsessed with the team no matter how crappy they were. I was pretty bummed when they quintuple-downed on the curly W.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Nebraska has had the same primary logo for 40-ish years:

u5a0z147qunbzxwnec8ef7bkl.gif

But regarding our secondary logos, I've always been partial to the old-school Herbie Husker (1974-1991) opposed to the more modern Herbie (2004-present)

k63s4b4eglsm8p7kzuho.gif76683602004.gif

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

3097.png

One of the greatest sports logos ever, IMO. It works so well and the modern just doesn't even hold a candle, even though it's one of the best in the NBA.

f1wggq2k8ql88fe33jzhw641u.png

This is obvious. The update is so good. It modernizes the old logo and makes it more fierce. However, it still does keep the the silver, which I'm not a fan of, but it's still the greatest logo in the NFL.

Quick shoutout to MiLB teams:

4444_charlotte_knights-cap-2014.png

dl57etjfjvbehh7dcpt3kxthr.gif

the user formerly known as cdclt

Archived