What was the best logo in your team's history?

TJSC

Personally I think the Rams are sporting their best logo that they've ever had, (compared to their generic helmet logos and that weirdly-detailed 50-60s Ram head) although some fans dislike it due to its association with St. Louis. Their current logo still managed to look timeless and modern after 18 years...

los-angeles-rams-logo-transparent.png

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cavs: The whole logo package and uniforms of that era worked so well. The colors balance properly, whereas the bright gold doesn't mix as well with the navy and the addition of black and gray to the mix muddle the identity. A couple tweaks away from perfection, and instead they changed everything for the worse basically (multiple times).

I love the current bright gold, I just don't like the rest of our current identity. They even dropped the logo in my avatar in favor of using the 3D C almost exclusively, which is inferior IMO.

5zp5356wfntqosqr3ah5hmdr1.png

Indians: Not sure why they dropped this script logo. It's clean and timeless and features the best part of our identity (that cursive I). And below is the logo we should use for our caps, rather than just a red C.

734.gif

7225_cleveland_indians-cap-1978.png

Browns: I would endorse a modified Brownie as our primary logo. I'd also endorse a <=C=> football rather than the old B one, which is still a better logo than no logo IMO. Also, I think the profile helmet looks better as a logo than the 3D helmet.

quatt6iqgd7dc8dhkdug.gif

Buckeyes: Currently using our best logo. The update to simplify the script looks great. Two wishes for our identity (just in terms of logos):
1) destroy all the horrifying modern Brutus logos and only use the one below

2) use gray instead of black on the plain Block O logos

7645_ohio_state_buckeyes-primary-2013.png

ee23pfg91xeioyrppayw.gif

Blue Jackets: The primary is fine but feels too much like a modern hockey logo. Looks like they used the template from other teams, whereas this feels more like a statement. The faux-backs are cool and I'm glad they decided to turn the cream version into this proper red, white, and blue version. IMO it should be the primary.

5713_columbus_blue_jackets-alternate-201

Crew: Only two options and it's an easy choice to make. Weird logo lacking the city name and featuring three oddly detailed dudes or a beautiful, well-balanced (if generic) roundel?

1002_columbus_crew-primary-2015.png

39 minutes ago, DeFrank said:

x1hlmovt2m0mgs7ghwzgu6lht.png

This logo was awesome and perfect and should never have been replaced. 

Weird shading on the ball.  Not a fan of the beveling. The font didn't match the curly-w look at all.  To each their own, but this logo was meh at best.  

To me, the curly W is their best logo

90758391980.gif

1 hour ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Weird shading on the ball.  Not a fan of the beveling. The font didn't match the curly-w look at all.  To each their own, but this logo was meh at best.  

To me, the curly W is their best logo

That's the curly W's fault, not this logos. The whole identity was designed around the monumental aesthetic that the 2005 primary logo illustrates. The original W cap, as well as the DC interlocking cap logo, fit. The uniforms fit. It all was a fantastic identity. I like the W and I think it's okay that the W didn't really fit the 2005 uniform set

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

6 hours ago, Cardsblues02 said:

I think both of my favorite pro teams, the St. Louis Cardinals and the St. Louis Blues, both use their best logos. Both are pretty timeless, good looking, modern with a classic feel logos. Nothing to complain about if you ask me. 

As a Cardinals and Blues fan like you, I agree. But what if the Blues ditched the navy...........

Archived