MLS Kits 2019

WarriorFight

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Paul Lucas said:

No wonder I couldn’t find it. Every d*mn year...like, make more, d*mmit. Don’t they keep track of the sales?

Try guilting them for not recycling enough plastic. Do they hate the earth and money? 

Weird to open a stadium in a secondary kit. I don’t mind MLS teams wearing secondaries at home now and then, just to switch it up, but not for that occasion. Wonder if that was an intentional branding choice, or if they just felt the gray clashed with NYCFC’s blue and gray both?

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

1 hour ago, Digby said:

Weird to open a stadium in a secondary kit. I don’t mind MLS teams wearing secondaries at home now and then, just to switch it up, but not for that occasion. Wonder if that was an intentional branding choice, or if they just felt the gray clashed with NYCFC’s blue and gray both?

Probably fear of kit clashes. This is why they need third kits. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

58 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Probably fear of kit clashes. This is why they need third kits. 

This is not a kit clash at all IMO:

spacer.png

No reason this matchup from the preseason couldn’t have been repeated yesterday. I seem to recall a press release or something from when their secondary was unveiled that said they’d be wearing the new kit for their home opener, so it seems like it was definitely an intentional choice on their part.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I kinda get the sense that Minnesota isn’t super enamored with the middle grey they’ve used as their primary kit since moving to MLS. Like they identify more with the blue and white.

I see SKC and New England both wore aways at home, but those were just everyday games, not a special occasion.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

12 minutes ago, Digby said:

I kinda get the sense that Minnesota isn’t super enamored with the middle grey they’ve used as their primary kit since moving to MLS. Like they identify more with the blue and white.

I see SKC and New England both wore aways at home, but those were just everyday games, not a special occasion.

Which is so weird, because they had the perfect grey in NASL. It's just so odd that for a team with one of the best logos, they have a very weak on-field look now in MLS. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

42 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Yeah, at this point it’s on the Loons.  Other MLS clubs have managed to secure custom designs. 

Take this with a huge grain of salt, but someone on reddit (I think, I don't think it was here) was saying the reason they haven't is because they don't want Adidas to own the design and then re-use it with other teams, as Adidas tends to do. Not sure if that is true or not. Our 2020 primary kits better be something special if it doesn't include the wing. These white secondaries are terrible, because the pattern they put on them isn't visible.

On 4/15/2019 at 10:17 AM, PaleVermilion81 said:

Which is so weird, because they had the perfect grey in NASL. It's just so odd that for a team with one of the best logos, they have a very weak on-field look now in MLS. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

I have a better question: why hasn't MNUFC had a blue uniform yet?? Be it either primary or change...from what I've seen since they've been in MLS, and I think their last year in NASL it's been mostly charcoal gray/black and white. Or do they prefer to keep their light blue just to trim color?

Oh--and Philadelphia needs that broad center stripe and centered crest back on their kits yesterday...they just don't look like the Union without it.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived