MLS Kits 2019

WarriorFight

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Footy Headlines has images of all of this year’s Parley jerseys:

spacer.png

These are really stupid. Not a fan at all of the teal color being forced on all of the teams. And they’re also essentially the same as last year’s, but with the teal in place of white and the collars changed to crew necks.

For almost every club, I'd agree with you.  But this is a :censored:ing fantastic New York City jersey.

24-adidas-x-parley-mls-2019-jerseys-15.j

I'll have to be ready to pounce when they go on sale - last year they were sold out within an hour or two.

The color scheme is really pretty. I agree that it doesn't work for most teams, especially Dallas, Atlanta, & Portland. But for some teams, it's kinda great!

The seafoam and black works perfectly for San Jose because it feels like this Clash jersey:

9ce6e07bcf581b0efa0a64a0c1a8d859.jpg

The teal could work for the Sounders if the trim was white instead of black:

1200px-Flag_of_Seattle.svg.png

The Whitecaps also used to use a similar color in their USL days.

1200px-Vancouver-Whitecaps-FC-Logo.svg.p

This color set would work really well for a Miami away!

On 3/25/2019 at 12:07 PM, Gothamite said:

For almost every club, I'd agree with you.  But this is a :censored:ing fantastic New York City jersey.

I had the exact same thought about SKC before I knew for sure that they were all essentially the same jerseys. This is like if Parley jerseys next year are all black and gold so only Atlanta and LAFC like them, which doesn't seem great overall.

On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 12:07 PM, Gothamite said:

I'll have to be ready to pounce when they go on sale - last year they were sold out within an hour or two.

Last year, SKC kept stressing the limited availability of the Parley jerseys, and they sold out online in under an hour, if I recall correctly. Yet at the Sporting Park team stores they had buttloads of them for months, and it looked like they weren't moving too many. Some fans were saying they were too plain to justify the price. 

Side note: I that Real Madrid parley kit from a few years ago, and it's by far the most comfy kit I've ever worn. 

Always thought that the teal and white of the Seattle flag would have been a fantastic, mostly unique, and highly attractive color scheme for the Sounders. Much better than the "slightly uglier 00s Seahawks" vibe.

And that early Clash jersey is so weird but I love it.

On 3/27/2019 at 12:25 AM, vtgco said:

9ce6e07bcf581b0efa0a64a0c1a8d859.jpg

You could make two jerseys for today's players out of the material from that guy's shirt. I love how soccer followed the 90's trend where nobody wore clothes that fit. What a stupid time. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

On 3/25/2019 at 9:34 AM, upperV03 said:

Footy Headlines has images of all of this year’s Parley jerseys:

spacer.png

These are really stupid. Not a fan at all of the teal color being forced on all of the teams. And they’re also essentially the same as last year’s, but with the teal in place of white and the collars changed to crew necks.

I like the color component this year, its much better than the white/black kits from last year, especially considering that so many teams over the last 2+ years have released either all white or dark grey/black kits, this is a nice change of pace.

Best ones are: MNUFC, SKC, NYCFC, Colorado.

Worst ones: The rest of the bunch.

3 hours ago, McCarthy said:

You could make two jerseys for today's players out of the material from that guy's shirt. I love how soccer followed the 90's trend where nobody wore clothes that fit. What a stupid time. 

That's not any worse a fit than the spray-on shirts often worn today.

1200px-Chelsea_2_Arsenal_0_(20944276374)

Talk about stupid.   And look - it's cold down on that pitch.

53 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

That's limited to Puma as far as giving fans the same cut fortunately. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

Fortunately, Arsenal is freed from them next season. Nobody was happy with Puma. 

And even better, the MLS league-wide contract means that Puma can’t ruin NYCFC, no matter what they do to the rest of City Football Group. 

I'm so grateful for the league-wide contract. OCSC management has become notorious for trying to save a buck wherever possible (except for the occasional washed-up "big name" to sell jerseys), so I wouldn't be surprised if they went with a super cheap company because they offered the most (such as Givova, Marathon, or Lotto). We actually had Lotto when we played in the USL, and boy was their quality terrible (both on the pitch and in their replica kits).

ExJworW.png

Just now, Magic Dynasty said:

I'm so grateful for the league-wide contract. OCSC management has become notorious for trying to save a buck wherever possible (except for the occasional washed-up "big name" to sell jerseys), so I wouldn't be surprised if they went with a super cheap company because they offered the most (such as Givova, Marathon, or Lotto). We actually Lotto when we played in the USL, and boy was their quality terrible (both on the pitch and in their replica kits).

I actually despise the league wide contract because the last two years have seen adidas mail it in to focus on its World Cup teams. Even though most of adidas' big teams (Sweden and Argentina) are suffering from horrible looks, they are still being paid attention to. When I see what Nike did as far as the women's World Cup teams, I think if they, adidas and Puma were fighting for MLS teams they could all up their game a good bit. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I don’t think you can look at the new NYCFC shirt and accuse adidas of mailing it in.  They created something unique to the club, using a central element of the club’s identity in a new way.

spacer.pngspacer.png

That’s no cookie cutter.  I’ll take that over the garbage Puma has been putting out for Arsenal, anyday.  Puma sure didn’t seem to be inspired to up their game by the competition for Arsenal’s contract.

6 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Every time I see those Puma cuts, I think of this old SNL Lara Flynn Boyle monologue (sorry, no embedded option): https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/lara-flynn-boyle-monologue/n11475 (Go to 4:30)

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

I don’t think you can look at the new NYCFC shirt and accuse adidas of mailing it in.  They created something unique to the club, using a central element of the club’s identity in a new way.

spacer.pngspacer.png

That’s no cookie cutter.  I’ll take that over the garbage Puma has been putting out for Arsenal, anyday.  Puma sure didn’t seem to be inspired to up their game by the competition for Arsenal’s contract.

This is one of the few things they got right this year. Columbus was decent, but almost every away kit save Seattle was bland as hell.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I'm not a huge fan of the MLS whites, but I think Adidas has done a really great job with a lot of the new kits in recent years.

ff_3415821-8813a0226eed8d351bffalt2_fullff_3415791-9ec7eafb0a3a78079a00alt2_fullff_3045241alt2_full.jpg&w=500ff_3419370-a46a921f9f2a24daf445alt2_full.jpg&w=500ff_3457804-d75ea2a569bd07f457f3alt2_full.jpg&w=500

The Revs are probably the weakest of these, but even that isn't terrible.  And to my knowledge, these aren't templates but individual work designed specifically for the teams.  

I think the Revs' dark kit needs those stripes to be in team colors rather than tonal blues; it doesn't quite fit the team. 

But yeah, that's not entirely a knock on Adidas. Of course their template farming particularly on the white kits is not great, but I think they get blamed for a lot of things that the league can take equal blame for.

The Parley thing is horrible though. Let teams be themselves, for one. And stop pretending making a one-time use thing is saving the earth, for another.

Archived