MLS Kits 2019

WarriorFight

15 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

Would love to see only the shield on the chest of jerseys, not the roundel around the shield. Does that option exist? 

Yes, it does.

spacer.png

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't think of a single team in any sport that I root for for aesthetic reasons but... Miami is shaping up to look sooooo good! That cap and track jacket are absolutely beautiful and completely unique in North American sports.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

1 hour ago, Wings said:

Love that shade of pink. Really hope the home kits are pink with a black kit as an alternate. 

Me too. However I can't help but think a Miami alt's primary color will be aqua green/teal. If only MLS could have thirds again lol

Hotter Than July > Thriller

16 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

Me too. However I can't help but think a Miami alt's primary color will be aqua green/teal. If only MLS could have thirds again lol

That would be perfect. I like black as an accent but just can't see a Miami team being in black (sorry Marlins, Heat).

1 hour ago, hawk36 said:

That would be perfect. I like black as an accent but just can't see a Miami team being in black (sorry Marlins, Heat).

I just hope Miami doesn't end up wearing all pink as their primary look. Either pink-black-pink or pink-pink-black would be my ideal primaries.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Speaking of black and pink, the Sounders are in their "Nightfall" set today in Chicago. It looks like a lovely, sunny afternoon in suburban Chicago, so the nightime effect of the shirts is a little dampened.

Related, I often walk by the Sounders/Seahawks downtown pro shop. I couldn't help myself this week and picked up a replica black/pink shirt. I ended up choosing the replica over the authentic first for price, but also because the pink three stripes are appliques on the authentic shirt compared to sewn on the replica, and I don't trust all of those graphics in the wash.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

37 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Speaking of black and pink, the Sounders are in their "Nightfall" set today in Chicago. It looks like a lovely, sunny afternoon in suburban Chicago, so the nightime effect of the shirts is a little dampened.

Related, I often walk by the Sounders/Seahawks downtown pro shop. I couldn't help myself this week and picked up a replica black/pink shirt. I ended up choosing the replica over the authentic first for price, but also because the pink three stripes are appliques on the authentic shirt compared to sewn on the replica, and I don't trust all of those graphics in the wash.

I've never had issues with my Manchester United training jersey that uses those, granted I've only washed it maybe a dozen times. I haven't had issues with my one authentic Crew jersey either. I also wash most of my clothes in cold water to minimize peeling. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I've never had issues with my Manchester United training jersey that uses those, granted I've only washed it maybe a dozen times. I haven't had issues with my one authentic Crew jersey either. I also wash most of my clothes in cold water to minimize peeling. 

An Atlanta fan noted his stripes were already peeling on the second day he owned his new shirt and I noted in the general kit thread that a few Bayern players have had their shorts stripes peeling. For that reason, I’ve started hand washing my adidas authentics with this application style.

Looks like the team name on the back of the Red Bulls’ new shirt is actually red:

spacer.png

As a reminder, there was some confusion because, even though the retail versions had the team name in red on the back, Kaku was wearing a shirt with the team name in white at MLS Media Day:

spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Sounders in the nightfall kits. This is essentially what I thought Miami would look like, so maybe they do come out in pink primaries

D1zGKjAVAAAcYFP?format=jpg&name=large

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

23 minutes ago, TenaciousG said:

Sounders in the nightfall kits. This is essentially what I thought Miami would look like, so maybe they do come out in pink primaries

D1zGKjAVAAAcYFP?format=jpg&name=large

The Seattle kit will have no impact on what Miami’s design will look like. Miami’s entire identity is black and pink. They aren’t going to let a 2 year life span (only 1 year which would overlap Miami) alternate kit impact their design choices for their main branding.

14 hours ago, radchad said:

That's better than the full roundel by a mile

It really is; those are all the strongest parts of the identity and in the shield-only application they’re all larger and more prominent. The roundel adds nothing but the club name which is by far the weakest part of the identity. Gimme more birds.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Archived