WarriorFight

MLS Kits 2019

Recommended Posts

Yeah, they just look dingy to me.  I guess that’s the risk of a gray jersey, especially one that’s just a variation on their standard white shirt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SKC is in all light blue, and Colorado is in their traditional burgundy/light blue set, meaning both teams are wearing light blue shorts (though slightly different shades). Sporting KC's other option is all black, and I can't think that provides significantly more contrast to the dark Colorado set.

 

I don't have much of a point here, other than to say maybe there is a need for third kits in MLS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

SKC is in all light blue, and Colorado is in their traditional burgundy/light blue set, meaning both teams are wearing light blue shorts (though slightly different shades). Sporting KC's other option is all black, and I can't think that provides significantly more contrast to the dark Colorado set.

 

I don't have much of a point here, other than to say maybe there is a need for third kits in MLS.

Actually I think Sporting's shorts are grey...which I have mixed feelings on:

USATSI_12348125-1024x805.jpg

Screen%20Shot%202019-02-21%20at%2010.03.

IMO the grey is better than their BFBS or aluminum foil unis, but doesn't Minnesota have a similar "light blue and grey" color scheme?  

 

Regarding the clash with Colorado, I'm not really sure that shorts need to be a unique color.  I guess I think of it like football helmets/pants; the distinctive parts in soccer are the jerseys and socks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DG_Now said:

SKC is in all light blue, and Colorado is in their traditional burgundy/light blue set, meaning both teams are wearing light blue shorts (though slightly different shades). Sporting KC's other option is all black, and I can't think that provides significantly more contrast to the dark Colorado set.

 

I don't have much of a point here, other than to say maybe there is a need for third kits in MLS.

 

I wonder if any thought was given to Colorado wearing the shorts from the all white secondary kit? Would've helped a bit more with the contrast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why did LAFC wear white instead of just using white shorts? Light blue v white isn't ideal...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hendocfc said:

Why did LAFC wear white instead of just using white shorts? Light blue v white isn't ideal...

 

Sitting in the stands, it was a great matchup.  No issues at all with the clash.

 

Those light gray LAFC numbers on a white shirt, though....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hendocfc said:

Light blue v white isn't ideal...

 

Fans of the school in Chapel Hill would probably disagree. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, hendocfc said:

Why did LAFC wear white instead of just using white shorts? Light blue v white isn't ideal...

New England also wore white against Toronto. Because navy vs red is apparently a clash, I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I spent five minutes yesterday trying to adjust my TV because the orange on FCC's unis looked pink. The royal blue, however, looked vibrant and really tasty. I still don't like how the stripes on the front are made up of diagonal, thin orange lines, which creates this flashing effect. I studied my friend's jersey yesterday and even up close that part looks like a bad decision. 

 

In photographs it looks like the right color so it was probably just my screen. I never did get it right. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

New England also wore white against Toronto. Because navy vs red is apparently a clash, I guess.

Less about clashing and more about getting the new uniforms out there. Columbus wore black and FC Dallas wore white but they easily could have worn their regular home kits. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

New England also wore white against Toronto. Because navy vs red is apparently a clash, I guess.

 

Navy and red may be tough for color blindness, especially for a night game.

 

I'm in favor of as much distinction as possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

As a MNUFC season ticket holder I got to visit Allianz Field for the first time today, including a tour of the locker room. There, I observed that all the player stalls were decked out with the team's new white kits instead of their gray primaries. Here is an example:

 

spacer.png

 

The team isn't playing this week so they obviously aren't using their gray kits, so I suspect this is the team's way of hinting at what they'll be wearing for their home opener on April 13.

Edited by Viper
Added example photo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know this is a uniform thread, but if you took any pics of the new stadium I for one would love to see them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

I know this is a uniform thread, but if you took any pics of the new stadium I for one would love to see them.

 

Here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Viper said:

As a MNUFC season ticket holder I got to visit Allianz Field for the first time today, including a tour of the locker room. There, I observed that all the player stalls were decked out with the team's new white kits instead of their gray primaries. Here is an example:

 

spacer.png

 

The team isn't playing this week so they obviously aren't using their gray kits, so I suspect this is the team's way of hinting at what they'll be wearing for their home opener on April 13.

 

I don't think it's that. I think it's more they are trying to promote the white jersey because it is new. 

 

Also....HOLY CRAP THAT STADIUM! Here is a brief video I took from my seats. Just gorgeous. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Footy Headlines has images of all of this year’s Parley jerseys:

spacer.png

These are really stupid. Not a fan at all of the teal color being forced on all of the teams. And they’re also essentially the same as last year’s, but with the teal in place of white and the collars changed to crew necks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

Footy Headlines has images of all of this year’s Parley jerseys:

spacer.png

These are really stupid. Not a fan at all of the teal color being forced on all of the teams. And they’re also essentially the same as last year’s, but with the teal in place of white and the collars changed to crew necks.

With white being the defacto aways I figured this is what we'd get. I'd rather they just slap an ocean pattern across the regular jerseys than use these. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.