North American Pro Soccer 2019

Gothamite

1 hour ago, Sykotyk said:

Wanted to shrink the post season. No more two leg rounds. Had to go with what ABC could give them. But had to be before that last fifa break. The midweek playoffs ensure television and maybe more viewers than going against NFL and college football on Saturday and Sunday. Since MLS Cup is the high seed hosts, need prep time than when it was a neutral site. 

I get all that but the midweek games, and especially the short gap between the first two rounds, came as a surprise.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/27/2019 at 12:32 PM, GDAWG said:

I wonder who the MLS would rather have as an owner, Didier Drogba (as minority owner in Phoenix) or David Tepper?  I think it would be kind of cool to have Drogba and Beckham in the MLS as owners. 

22 hours ago, QueenCitySwarm said:

Yeah, it's neat to have former players as owners, but David Tepper is worth about $12 billion dollars. Would any league turn down that kind of money?

I’m not very knowledgeable about all the investors at Phoenix Rising, but I am pretty sure that people got excited last year because they had a new money man in Alex Zheng. Or has he drifted from the team? If so, at least we still got Diplo!

On 8/27/2019 at 5:49 PM, Red Wolf said:

Little Rock is our go-to small city joke, thank you very much. Speaking of which, how much money would I need to convince MLS to do something like that? Excuse me while I hunt down the Walmart heirs' contact info.

Or you can go hit up all those bond traders over on the west side of Bowman, see what you can get out of them...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 2:08 PM, DG_Now said:

Poor Cincinnati :(

That Crew standing plummet is brutal to see in graph form.

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC

5 hours ago, DG_Now said:

Philadelphia is good! Who knew!

Anybody who was paying attention at the beginning? 😉

They've been beaten down in recent years, but never forget that Philly supporters essentially willed their team into existence.  Their fervor had a lot to do with the Union expansion process. 

17 hours ago, Gothamite said:

They've been beaten down in recent years, but never forget that Philly supporters essentially willed their team into existence.  Their fervor had a lot to do with the Union expansion process. 

I've seen the standings, but I hadn't seen them play. Big win over Atlanta with an eye on the 1 seed.

Speaking of big wins, Seattle won 4-3 over Galaxy today after blowing leads if 2-0 and 3-2. I went to the Galaxy game last year that saw Seattle win 5-0 over an LA team without Zlatan, and one that got Sigi fired. I thought Zlatan was avoiding turf this season, so I missed the chance to see him play (and score).

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

5 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

I thought Zlatan was avoiding turf this season, so I missed the chance to see him play (and score).

Noticed him playing on turf more often this season. Think he's just trying to show European clubs his knee is okay. Pretty much a certainty he'll be back in Europe in 2020.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

25 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

Noticed him playing on turf more often this season. Think he's just trying to show European clubs his knee is okay. Pretty much a certainty he'll be back in Europe in 2020.

Yep -- my assumption is I missed my chance to see him in person in Seattle. I don't think he's coming back to MLS next season, though he definitely had a great run in the US.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

11 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

I think Rooney played more on turf this year as well. I think the older players realize that complaining about turf when Yankee Stadium is more dangerous seems pretty hollow.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 9/1/2019 at 3:17 AM, Gothamite said:

I can't really call them good; they're an okay team but I wouldn't call them good. I mean, NYCFC is good. Atlanta is good. LAFC is good. Philly? Eh, not so much.

LvZYtbZ.png

On 9/1/2019 at 6:47 PM, DG_Now said:

Yep -- my assumption is I missed my chance to see him in person in Seattle. I don't think he's coming back to MLS next season, though he definitely had a great run in the US.

As a LAFC fan, I really hope so. He really is living rent free inside our heads :lol: 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

1 minute ago, Rockstar Matt said:

As a LAFC fan, I really hope so. He really is living rent free inside our heads :lol: 

Is Mason Toye also occupying some of that space right now? ;)

Sorry, couldn't resist.  I was at the game on Sunday night and am still in shock at how that turned out.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Just now, Mockba said:

Is Mason Toye also occupying some of that space right now? ;)

Sorry, couldn't resist.  I was at the game on Sunday night and am still in shock at how that turned out.

If he does it again, maybe. That second goal he had was amazing. Not going to lie. 

I think a lot of us were, but credit to Minnesota! They played really well and deserved that win.  

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

On 9/3/2019 at 11:51 AM, willmorris said:

I can't really call them good; they're an okay team but I wouldn't call them good. I mean, NYCFC is good. Atlanta is good. LAFC is good. Philly? Eh, not so much.

I think they are a good club. Are they a top-tier club? No.

2 hours ago, Digby said:

I wish literally anyone in the league office had the smarts to read up on the Streisand Effect before picking this "no political speech" fight. It's a wreck!

https://www.espn.com/soccer/portland-timbers/story/3935328/sources-mls-fans-suspended-for-iron-front-flag

This week's Hang Up and Listen took on that subject and had an interview with Sheba Rawson, who is currently the President of the 107 Independent Supporters Trust (dba Timbers Army and Rose City Riviters).  The conversation starts at about the 39 minute mark.  Within the conversation, it came to my attention that there actually was an Independent Supporters Council.

EDIT:  After going through the website of the 107, they have, in quick order, replaced all of those associated with Texas A&M University: The Corps of Cadets, The 12th Man, and Former Students (since they don't call themselves Alumni) as the most self-important fanbase/supporters in North America. 

In their list of Event  Calendar, they place their Supporters Group vs. Opponent's Team Name.

Unless there is some trademark issue, which their apparently isn't since they use the opponents full MLS or NWSL name, you are fulling putting yourself BEFORE the club you cheer for.  Get over yourselves.

Archived