kimball

NBA Changes 2019-20

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, NunsDupreAllDay said:

These teams need to release some statement uniforms. For a league that prides itself on its offseason, it's been pretty quiet for a month or so. This would be the perfect time. 

 

There are 14 teams with new statements....what if they released a new one every 3 days until the season started or something.

 

Training camp starts in a couple of weeks, I'm sure we'll see a number of unveilings soon enough ... if not on Media Day

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NunsDupreAllDay said:

These teams need to release some statement uniforms. For a league that prides itself on its offseason, it's been pretty quiet for a month or so. This would be the perfect time. 

 

There are 14 teams with new statements....what if they released a new one every 3 days until the season started or something.

Doesn't MLS have something like that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

Doesn't MLS have something like that?

 

They did once upon a time but that went away -- believe it was decided that the teams were better off coordinating their own unveils, rather than making it a league thing. Maybe because they sell more gear to the locals than to us nerds who just are looking for something to talk about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/17/2019 at 1:01 PM, squamfan said:

 

 

I like how they incorporated red into the jersey color scheme to help offset the Rakuten sponsor logo (sarcasm alert).

 

If Memphis were to revisit the “Express” idea today, the NBA would be all ears.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This doesn't sound real...but it was also reported in a USA Today column (that talked about LeBron's custom Crenshaw jersey):

 

@Conrad yay or nay?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nope. LeBron is wearing a Chinese knock-off uniform and the team will not be wearing that other uniform this season. Sorry to disappoint all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Seems confirmed true looking at this video of coach Alvin Gentry talking. Which means rip to the 2018-19 court which had a lighter wood and darker stain

1131103760-1.jpeg&c=sc&w=736&h=485

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Shadojoker said:

Lanes with no paint are soooo boring..

 

I don’t mind most of them — if done right. Jazz and Bucks 2nd I think are really sharp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope the yellow jersey becoming the warriors statement jersey means a lot more yellow and less black. Warriors should embrace yellow as one of their primary colors. Looks great on the yellow court.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just checked NBA 2K20 and yeah, the Nets suddenly have a brand new court. I want to say the Nets court is for the City uniform due to how crazy it looks but it shows up for the Icon and Association uniforms. Looks like we will be getting the first colored hardwood in league history. This definitely wasn't in the leak of the courts.

 

pFT1N7H.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, njdevs7 said:

Not a fan of the logo at center court but the baseline looks great with that subway font

 

I wonder if it's meant to evoke the bullet icons for the subway lines?

 

6bf4e195d74eaa1c478fb1228210aff8.png94-941492_brooklyn-nets-logos-iron-on-st

10 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

I want to say the Nets court is for the City uniform due to how crazy it looks but it shows up for the Icon and Association uniforms. Looks like we will be getting the first colored hardwood in league history. This definitely wasn't in the leak of the courts.

 

pFT1N7H.png

 

Maybe it's assigning it to the Icon/Association because the City hasn't been released yet?

 

I feel like this is going to get officially announced in a Zach Lowe piece.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

I just checked NBA 2K20 and yeah, the Nets suddenly have a brand new court. I want to say the Nets court is for the City uniform due to how crazy it looks but it shows up for the Icon and Association uniforms. Looks like we will be getting the first colored hardwood in league history. This definitely wasn't in the leak of the courts.

 

pFT1N7H.png

 

that looks way cooler than the other pic. i’m in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Waffles said:

Maybe it's assigning it to the Icon/Association because the City hasn't been released yet?

 

I assume it could be a glitch or mistake but it would be a very weird one to make because I haven't seen 2K Sports do this before. I mean I guess there's a first time for everything. I think we need Conrad to weigh in on this because until the Nets confirm it themselves, that would be the only way to know what's what.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That court is the best way to "honor" the subway without getting a cease and desist from the MTA for using their logos and symbols...

 

As for that B in a basketball logo, I always felt like it reminded me of the B train bullet from day one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.