NBA Changes 2019-20

kolob

1 minute ago, anythinglogos said:

In 2001 they changed templates to the wide shoulders  and the new blue jerseys didn’t have arm trim. The first version had arm trim and the memorial black stripe they had in 1999/00spacer.png

Interesting - good find.

I was just going by the mothership's dates worn. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, pelicanfan said:

It wouldn’t be directly during the playoffs. But the season after. Just like the old earned jerseys. So by then Nike would know what team made the playoffs and the production? And can’t they use the same design template ready to use each year? Sry I’m stupid 

Lol don't say you're stupid...the season after would work.  I just interpreted your post to say "We just made the playoffs and now we'll be wearing brand new jerseys right off the production floor". That would be nearly impossible. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 hours ago, Conrad. said:

Warmups

So does this mean that teams that made the playoff last year (i.e. Warriors, Celtics, Bucks, etc.) are going to get shooting shirts/jackets/gear that are modeled after a uniform.? As opposed to an actual recolored uniform?

35 minutes ago, anythinglogos said:

In 2001 they changed templates to the wide shoulders  and the new blue jerseys didn’t have arm trim. The first version had arm trim and the memorial black stripe they had in 1999/00spacer.png

Woah, a lot better than the black. I’m glad Sixers don’t have black jerseys anymore, think that jersey was pretty overrated.

1 hour ago, Satomiblood said:

I feel like they've been in the same boat with the Suns in that they had two solid looks (inaugural and second generation), but have failed to recapture the charm of their older sets. The Magic did offset some of this by bringing back the pin stripes as well as a black jersey, but it's nowhere near as good as their first two sets. Like the Suns, I've always felt that they could mix elements from their early uniform histories to achieve a solid overall look.

The Magic's biggest misstep was getting rid of the Magic script for block lettering. The block lettering is just so booooring.

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

13 minutes ago, kimball said:

The Magic's biggest misstep was getting rid of the Magic script for block lettering. The block lettering is just so booooring.

I agree. It's a unique style that could still work in today's design landscape.

23 minutes ago, kimball said:

Disagree, that font would look totally outdated today. That is why every logo today has gone for more simple fonts because that’s what the current trend is. I’d even say for it’s time the original magic font looked sloppy and amateurish in a way.  

3 minutes ago, dont care said:

Disagree, that font would look totally outdated today. That is why every logo today has gone for more simple fonts because that’s what the current trend is. I’d even say for it’s time the original magic font looked sloppy and amateurish in a way.  

The original, yes, is sloppy. The second logo is by far my favorite and I think would be fine for today's NBA. Sure it could probably be cleaned up a little bit here and there, but it has so much more character than their current logo.

(SIDE NOTE: I didn't notice the differing shades of blue between the original and other logos ... huh, that's quite the difference)

4523394907001_5977783286001_597777717900

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

2 hours ago, anythinglogos said:

I don’t think these are bad per se, but the Sixers have so many better options to throw back to that these are a bit underwhelming. Does the Hardwood Classics logo always feature the old font? I’m not sure how to feel about changing the colors of the logo but keeping the font the same, especially if the NBA logo on the back has the new font

spacer.png

I get that either the Sixers or Nike has taken some artistic license with this set, but it bugs me that they are insistent on using the NBAHC logo, when they should be using the NBA 25th Anniversary logo on the shorts. But, ya know, while

I’m at it, I’ll go yell at the kids to get off my lawn...

Side note: If the Blazers don’t bring back their inaugural 1970-71 set for their 50th Anniversary, I’ll be greatly let down. I don’t want to see some brand new black and gold design like the Hawks’ uni last year.

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

13 minutes ago, Frylock said:

Side note: If the Blazers don’t bring back their inaugural 1970-71 set for their 50th Anniversary, I’ll be greatly let down. I don’t want to see some brand new black and gold design like the Hawks’ uni last year.

Same. I'll also be disappointed if it's the 1977 title jerseys. 

5c5d17204f84b.image.jpg?resize=1200,559

1 hour ago, kimball said:

The original, yes, is sloppy. The second logo is by far my favorite and I think would be fine for today's NBA. Sure it could probably be cleaned up a little bit here and there, but it has so much more character than their current logo.

(SIDE NOTE: I didn't notice the differing shades of blue between the original and other logos ... huh, that's quite the difference)

4523394907001_5977783286001_597777717900

So they've had each of their logos for around a decade. It's been about a decade since the current one was released.

I wonder if they'll have a surprise for us next year.

2 hours ago, anythinglogos said:

It might just be nostalgia clouding my judgement but I always liked that era of their uniforms. I really liked the word mark and numbers

Grizzlies Throw Back to Vancouver, Early Memphis Years with new Uniforms

August 1, 2019 - 22:30 PM

The Memphis Grizzlies this afternoon announced their plans to celebrate the history of their franchise today over the course of the next two seasons. Beginning with the upcoming 2019-20 season, the franchise’s 25th including their years in Vancouver, the team […]

Read More...

35 minutes ago, GMW79 said:

Those are similar jerseys, but I don't think that's the '77 team photo. Where's Bill Walton?

That's the inaugural team. The '77 Blazers had a vertical wordmark.

Archived