NHL changes 2019-20

BJ Sands

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Wade Heidt said:

Thomas Gradin looking good out there.  Looking like he could still play a shift or two.

spacer.png

It's probably the lighting but I just love how well the vibrant yellow sweater and socks go together with the black pants. I will always love the Canucks' late 70's and early 80's home yellows. No question, Thomas Gradin still does the Flying V great service. 

2 hours ago, DuckFly2gether said:

These were my favourite. Something in the middle of the Flying V and Bure era. 

spacer.png

I liked those jerseys. Reminds me of Tony Tanti and Petri Skriko's offensive years as well as Trevor Linden's rookie season. However, if the yellow-gold were more of a yellow with red instead of burnt orange and if there were solid black yokes instead of the Flying V ones, those uniforms would have been a lot nicer.

55 minutes ago, VancouverFan69 said:

I liked those jerseys. Reminds me of Tony Tanti and Petri Skriko's offensive years as well as Trevor Linden's rookie season. However, if the yellow-gold were more of a yellow with red instead of burnt orange and if there were solid black yokes instead of the Flying V ones, those uniforms would have been a lot nicer.

A black helmet would have worked wonders too...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

47 minutes ago, DuckFly2gether said:

Yep, just like nashville, they had it right in 2011 with the navy helmet and then they went too much with the yellow and threw the balance off. 

I'd say the same about the Pens wearing yellow helmets. Yellow helmets just don't seem to work.

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

7 minutes ago, GMW79 said:

I'd say the same about the Pens wearing yellow helmets. Yellow helmets just don't seem to work.

Ironically, I like the yellow helmets for the Preds. They own the yellow thing, and I think it works really well for them. 

The Canucks and Pens just have too much black otherwise to make it work. The Pens are known for being a black and then yellow team, where the Preds are a yellow and then navy team. The Canucks didn’t know what they were and had way to much black to use a yellow helmet. Helmets back then were just bad shapes to use a color like yellow too. 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

6 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

Helmets back then were just bad shapes to use a color like yellow too. 

Sorry, but I absolutely loved the different variety of helmet designs and shapes and all the different team colours they came in. Hockey helmets had so much character and variety in colour and style compared to the all the generic looks of today. Like Canucks' Tiger Williams and his yellow/black "tough-guy" Cooper-Winn Well, Flames' Lanny McDonald and his white/red "salad bowl" Northlands  and Oilers' Wayne Gretzky and his white/royal blue Jofa.

9 hours ago, VancouverFan69 said:

Yellow jerseys need a yellow helmet like white jerseys need a white helmet. Yellow/gold adds variety to the very large group of white uniforms.

Aesthetically, white jerseys don’t need white helmets. It’s just a league standard.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

48 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

Aesthetically, white jerseys don’t need white helmets. It’s just a league standard.

And white helmets can work really well with dark jerseys in rare cases. The US makes it work.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

17 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

Ironically, I like the yellow helmets for the Preds. They own the yellow thing, and I think it works really well for them. 

The Canucks and Pens just have too much black otherwise to make it work. The Pens are known for being a black and then yellow team, where the Preds are a yellow and then navy team. The Canucks didn’t know what they were and had way to much black to use a yellow helmet. Helmets back then were just bad shapes to use a color like yellow too. 

I feel they already owned yellow even with a navy helmet, no one really uses it outside of Pittsburgh and there was plenty of yellow to their home jersey already. The only thing they got wrong with the 2011 set was the away jersey. Yellow should have been the dominant color instead of navy like they have now.

spacer.png

Or when they swapped the colors on the socks in 2013 but for some reason didn't do it for the arm stripes so they had a completely unbalanced look for 4 years. All they had to do was swap the blue and yellow on the sleeve like they have now, and drop that dumb stripe on the pants and they would have been set. 

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, VancouverFan69 said:

Then, I'm in full agreement with the NHL.

I’d prefer they do it like college hockey. Looks great and often requires only one helmet color per team, which means less waste.

spacer.png

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

46 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

I’d prefer they do it like college hockey. Looks great and often requires only one helmet color per team, which means less waste.

spacer.png

I also love when we get bright colored helmet that doesn't match the rest like Notre Dame and Ohio State, it shouldn't work but the colors are so unique I love it., 

17 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

Helmets should be colored exactly like the breezers, with the exception of the Rangers. White helmets aren’t a good look, IMHO.

White helmets are needed when the teams have similar colors. Penguins-Bruins looks better with white and black helmets than two teams of black helmets and I wouldn't want to watch Panthers v Capitals or Maple Leafs v Lightning if they featured the same color helmets and breezers. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived