NHL changes 2019-20

BJ Sands

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Wade Heidt said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

God, I wish we could've seen Calgary's retros with St. Louis 90's throwbacks'; that would have been a :censored:ing gorgeous matchup. But maaaaaan, the Kachina looks :censored:ing glorious even against modern jerseys. Really hoping the 'Yotes follow Calgary's lead and make those their primary at some point soon.

You cant compare the Ducks wearing black to the Avs, the Ducks jerseys were never meant to have black, originally they were all purple and only had a black circle in their logo. Black has always been a big part of the Avs look since the beginning, their numbers, striping, names, collar, logo, shoulder patch. The Avs pull off the black well, much like Arizonas 90's uniform, they make having a diverse 5 color palette work, why change things that dont need to be changed? Have yet to see a non black Avs concept that looks better than what they have now.

Besides, the last thing we need is another red, blue, white team. Black gives the Avs a bit more identity to stand out from the other RBW teams (mtl/cbj/nry/was). Much like how Arizonas green/purple helped them stand out compared to the other black, red, white teams (nj/ott/chi/car).  

12 hours ago, ldconcepts said:

Anyone have an idea about the checkerboard hanger effect for LA? edit - our CCSLC CEO mentioned it was a chessboard pattern on the mothership. 

The angled half/half look is pretty bad. Both of these are pretty bad overall. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

LEAKED: 2020 LA Kings Stadium Series Jersey

November 22, 2019 - 16:00 PM

You can’t spell “leakings” without “LA KINGS”. Late last night the Los Angeles Kings 2020 Stadium Series outdoor game uniform was leaked to Mayor’s Manor, a news site dedicated to the Kings. Much like the Colorado Avalanche design for the […]

Read More...

1 hour ago, SportsLogos.Net News said:

LEAKED: 2020 LA Kings Stadium Series Jersey

November 22, 2019 - 16:00 PM

You can’t spell “leakings” without “LA KINGS”. Late last night the Los Angeles Kings 2020 Stadium Series outdoor game uniform was leaked to Mayor’s Manor, a news site dedicated to the Kings. Much like the Colorado Avalanche design for the […]

Read More...

“As a fan, I am not a fan.”

VmWIn6B.png

27 minutes ago, Hat Boy said:

raw

I mean, you can be entitled to your wrong opinion. Freedom of speech and all that.

Doesn't make it right. 😛

The Kachina is a really incredible design that was, in a lot of ways, ahead of it's time. It looks amazing on modern televisions, it has uniqueness to it that no other NHL jersey has. The logo is awesome, the concept is incredible. There's a reason the Coyotes have been pushing it a hell of a lot more as of late. I would be highly unsurprised if the Coyotes rebrand to the Kachinas, or at least something very close (possibly in their modern colors) at some point in the near future.

Am I the only one who doesnt love the katchina? I mean I love the idea, and the actual katchina pattern is kinda cool, but the execution is way too dark and drab. If needs to have a bit more finesse in terms of colouring. Something other than black, dark green and purple. Its all a bit heavy for me. Really like the logo though.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Just now, Bayne said:

Am I the only one who doesnt love the katchina? I mean I love the idea, and the actual katchina pattern is kinda cool, but the execution is way too dark and drab. If needs to have a bit more finesse in terms of colouring. Something other than black, dark green and purple. Its all a bit heavy for me. Really like the logo though.

I love the Katchina, always have...but it's possible (not guaranteed, lol) that a switch from dark green to bright turquoise (a la the Diamondbacks) could work, and would be unique in the NHL, and would tie-in to local teams.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived