NHL changes 2019-20

BJ Sands

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like that jersey, but how have the Bruins not adopted a yellow alternate one yet? Two black jerseys is boring. There's so many good ones to pick from if they want to go the throwback route.

spacer.png

I always thought updating this yellow one would be a really good look today. The script is something different that would work really well today on a jersey and on merch. A simple recolor of the home and road jerseys in yellow would also be a good alternate.

Bruins alternate not a bad uniform itself, but would have preferred this.  We could have gotten the Bruins back in yellow socks (as it should be) at least in their alternate:

spacer.png

Or a brown uniform with original colours, possibly a modern look modelled after the original uniform:

spacer.png

Overall it’s a nice Jersey, just not really what I would have expected when they have other ways they can go. They seem to not want to do gold or brown. 

Since the new throwback trend is spreading I’d like to see the 80s jersey come back, and maybe even the white version more than the black. 

This jersey template would work real nice for Ottawa though. 

Boston Bruins Unveil New Third Jersey, Debuts Friday

November 24, 2019 - 21:03 PM

The Boston Bruins today unveiled a new retro-themed third jersey in advance of its on-ice debut coming on Black Friday. Appropriate for the date of its first game, the uniform is indeed mostly black, it has two stripes – one […]

Read More...

It just looks like a less good version of usual Bruins uniforms. The previous Winter Classic jerseys were nice and more interesting— and still, I don’t know that I’ll ever actually want a Bruins jersey to not have a variation on the spoked B.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

3 hours ago, Wade Heidt said:

Bruins alternate not a bad uniform itself, but would have preferred this.  We could have gotten the Bruins back in yellow socks (as it should be) at least in their alternate:

spacer.png

Or a brown uniform with original colours, possibly a modern look modelled after the original uniform:

spacer.png

Why the hell did the Bruins get rid of the gold socks? It was so unique and made them stand out

I like them,  thought I admit Gold socks would have made them perfect. 

8 hours ago, Wade Heidt said:

spacer.png

I've wanted the Bruins to embrace their original Brown for such a long time. It's such an underused color (especially in the NHL). I was glad they did somewhat with the Winter Classics last year, but something like this, would be great. 

11 hours ago, Wade Heidt said:

spacer.png

This Bruins black sweater was absolutely perfect. The yellow B and circle and the growling bear shoulder patches. Ditching them after the Bruins left the Boston Garden was ridiculous.

Angled sleeve stripes, an angled hem stripe, and angled letters for the crest? I'm not sure why the Kings would want to pay homage to their crosstown rivals, but more power to them I guess. Oh, and the jersey looks terrible.

As for the Avs, maybe an Unpopular Opinion here but I like the idea behind it. It's a bit weird and unconventional, but it's also creative and easily the better of the two.

The Bruins third is alright, I guess.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Dear Boston. C'mon now.

35f0d46a25eb71e61364f71690c29942.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived