NHL changes 2019-20

BJ Sands

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, VancouverFan69 said:

No argument from me. Just put the A-Mountain crest on the front, the Colorado C on the shoulders, replace the black trim with silver and go with burgundy helmets and pants and it's timeless.

So basically change about 70% of it and it's timeless. Ok, got it.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

18 hours ago, VancouverFan69 said:

No argument from me. Just put the A-Mountain crest on the front, the Colorado C on the shoulders, replace the black trim with silver and go with burgundy helmets and pants and it's timeless.

"Make a generic CCSLC concept jersey and it would be timeless!"

I'm not sure all-burgandy looks that great, especially with three supporting colors.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

22 hours ago, WSU151 said:

"Make a generic CCSLC concept jersey and it would be timeless!"

I'm not sure all-burgandy looks that great, especially with three supporting colors.  

It's really no different than the Coyotes' having an all-brick red look. The OHL Peterborough Petes have worn all-burgundy/maroon for years.

The blue in the Avalanche's scheme would be the primary secondary colour with silver providing minor accents.

4 minutes ago, VancouverFan69 said:

It's really no different than the Coyotes' having an all-brick red look. The OHL Peterborough Petes have worn all-burgundy/maroon for years.

The blue in the Avalanche's scheme would be the primary secondary colour with silver providing minor accents.

The Petes are burgandy and white. And the Coyotes found out that the all-brick red look sucked and brought back black pants. 

7 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

The Petes are burgandy and white. And the Coyotes found out that the all-brick red look sucked and brought back black pants. 

Much like the Lightning now need to do.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

1 hour ago, Bayne said:

Much like the Lightning now need to do.

I think we all have some sense that the Lightning would look way better if they used more black and even included silver again. 

I'm still a little surprised Tampa has never used electric blue as a color, especially since it's literally a representation of lightning. Plus using a bright shade of it would solve the whole "literally looks exactly like Toronto" problem if they didn't want to add black again.

1 hour ago, DastardlyRidleylash said:

I'm still a little surprised Tampa has never used electric blue as a color, especially since it's literally a representation of lightning. Plus using a bright shade of it would solve the whole "literally looks exactly like Toronto" problem if they didn't want to add black again.

Their original shade was electric blue. They quietly switched to Toronto's shade of royal after a few seasons. 

16 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

Their original shade was electric blue. They quietly switched to Toronto's shade of royal after a few seasons. 

That was a bad idea, IMHO. The light blue would give them a bit more of a visual flair, one that could carry over into the current design.

Also, I don’t think the Avs going all-burgundy would be a bad idea. What makes it different from the Red Wings in all-red?

Just now, SFGiants58 said:

That was a bad idea, IMHO. The light blue would give them a bit more of a visual flair, one that could carry over into the current design.

The electric blue looked really good their first few seasons, as it was light enough to contrast with the black. 

Then they switched to a darker shade and it just muddled things. 

2 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

Also, I don’t think the Avs going all-burgundy would be a bad idea. What makes it different from the Red Wings in all-red?

IMO, the all-red Red Wings look is far inferior to the away white uniform with the carved out shoulders; but besides that, the home uniform is just too much red. I think the Red Wings would look better with beige pants, tbh. 

I like hockey uniforms that use the pants as a color balance (especially non-black unis), rather than color saturation (e.g. the Rangers and Blackhawks look better with different color pants). So in my view, the black pants work really well for the Avs (who don't share the Red Wings' two-color style). It makes the jersey stand out rather than blend in with the helmet and the pants. 

1 hour ago, Ice_Cap said:

They used that original shade for almost ten years, actually.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

On 12/4/2019 at 2:08 PM, Kevin W. said:

Yeah, i thought it was around 2001-2002 when they dropped the paintbrush numbers and started using the block numbers.

Lightning10.png

Lightning09.png

On 12/4/2019 at 12:46 PM, Ice_Cap said:

On 12/4/2019 at 2:08 PM, Kevin W. said:

8 hours ago, AstroBull21 said:

Yeah, i thought it was around 2001-2002 when they dropped the paintbrush numbers and started using the block numbers.

Lightning10.png

Lightning09.png

The Lightning have always used a dark royal blue with their classic black originals. I have an old CCM replica Lightning jersey from '93. I always wondered why the Bolts couldn't use an actual electric blue like the NBA's Orlando Magic or the Blues' original shade of electric blue.

Archived